• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
He doesn't face re-election until 2024. Assuming Trump doesn't get re-elected, any lingering resentment in Utah should be mostly gone at that point. He probably has the least to lose of any GOP member that isn't retiring.
Also Utah Republicans hate Trump, they're all Mormons. Their support for Trump starts and ends with his party label and they'd probably be just as thrilled as anyone with Pence taking over. Of all the red state senators, Romney would have the easiest time selling a vote to remove.

Those impeachment numbers are already brutal.

...this is Democrat polling?
Internal polling for the DCCC, yes

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017

So apparently a student paper broke the news that the diplomat Rudy was texting with just resigned

Just to add onto this - Kurt Volker is the executive director of the McCain Institute for International Leadership, a think tank which is tied to/part of Arizona State University. This is the student newspaper for ASU, citing an employee.

WarioFan63

Oct 25, 2017
IL
Is he that conservative? His district went Clinton+15, so his constituents would be chomping at the bit to see Trump removed from office.
Yeah he's a blue dog asshole. Anti-ACA, anti-gay, anti-abortion, refused to vote for Pelosi as Speaker even though she endorsed him in his last primary. He's coasted on name recognition, iirc his dad was a Congressman from the same district.
Basically, I knew of the stuff Aaron said in his post and figured he was able to get away with being a contrarion like that, but like you mentioned being Clinton + 15 probably overlapped whatever else he might feel about impeachment.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
"Well Donald, we'll ask Putin for more cash to illegally funnel you, but you have to let more Americans die from gun violence."

What a shit timeline we live in.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
With how quickly these damaging leaks are coming out it looks like there are multiple people in the administration who want Trump ousted (even if only to save themselves at this point). None of them will know who to trust making their clandestine illegal actions (such as the NRA bribery) nearly impossible to perform without getting caught.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
AM radio going full tilt on this Biden angle. Maybe they should launch and investigation if they are so concerned.

They truly have nothing.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
What do you think, we hear Trump crack a joke to MBS about wishing he could have journalists killed? (And probably to silence)

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Dana Bash @DanaBashCNN

per @SunlenSerfaty - @MarkAmodeiNV2 a Republican, denies reports he is now supporting an impeachment inquiry. "In no way, shape, or form, did I indicate support for impeachment. "

6:52 PM - Sep 27, 2019

RepMarkAmodei @MarkAmodeiNV2

I now have a full appreciation of how the President feels. My full statement here: https://bit.ly/2mq9MAN

Have a nice weekend.

6:55 PM - Sep 27, 2019

WASHINGTON, D.C.– Congressman Mark Amodei (NV-02) today released the following statement in support of congressional oversight into House Democrats' inquiry into impeachment:
"I held a 40 minute telephone press conference today with Nevada media outlets to respond to their questions about the impeachment inquiry made by Speaker Pelosi earlier this week," said Congressman Amodei.
"Following that call, Nevada Independent reporter Humberto Sanchez released an article. The first paragraph of Mr. Sanchez's article reads: 'Rep. Mark Amodei supports the House's inquiry into whether President Donald Trump should be impeached, but is withholding judgment on whether Trump has crossed the legal line.'"
"This is absolutely an accurate statement in the sense that the House and Senate have both unanimously supported the resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the whistleblower complaint received on August 12, 2019, by the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, should be transmitted immediately to the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives. It is also accurate that the White House supports this same resolution. In no way, shape, or form, did I indicate support for impeachment. Rather, I stressed my complete agreement with Senator Cortez-Masto's (D-NV) statement reported to KTVN Channel 2 from yesterday which is as follows:
'I think from all of that information, we have to follow the facts and figure out what happened here,' Cortez-Masto said.
"Anyone who reads Mr. Sanchez's article and thinks that somehow there is a vote to convict before the process has played out – as called for by the resolution unanimously supported by everyone concerned – is simply, individual fantasy.
"I now have a full appreciation of how the President feels. Have a nice weekend."

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
You mean, Trump was extremely wary of people seeing his calls with Vlad and MBS?

Who could have seen this coming?!

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he's a blue dog asshole. Anti-ACA, anti-gay, anti-abortion, refused to vote for Pelosi as Speaker even though she endorsed him in his last primary. He's coasted on name recognition, iirc his dad was a Congressman from the same district.

Just to add, he does have a great challenger in Marie Newman that hopefully will take him out.

Sadly due to DNC rules he gets their endorsement as incumbent(even if they aren't all pleased about it), but AOC recently endorsed his opponent and she has been pushing others to do so as well.

Sadly the Lipinski name is extremely well known in Chicago and it's not clear most voters even know how shit he is given his D and brand.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
lmao at that Andokai statement. He never actually says he doesn't support an inquiry in the entirety of that statement.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jim Acosta @Acosta

Source on Giuliani status on the Trump impeachment legal team: "He is still counsel to the president but as it relates to this matter, that is yet to be determined."

Giuliani was not involved in today's legal team meeting.

7:05 PM - Sep 27, 2019

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Brianna Keilar: Are you going to call Rudy Giuliani before the committee?

House Intelligence member Rep. Jackie Speier: "I certainly am going to recommend that we do so. I think we have to do that."

7:10 PM - Sep 27, 2019

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I did it. It's not as bad as one might think, just full of delusion as you might expect:

On one hand I'm certain Bill Mitchell is the most clueless nutbag of our times, but on the other hand I'm reminded of Alex Jones' charade and question whether these charlatans are just doing an act because it gets them money and clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.