• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
You have to subpoena Giuliani at this point. He is practically begging to be hauled in with his remarks.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
OMG I'm agreeing with McCaskill. Too much focus on process, on why he didn't go to Congress. When networks are covering this hearing live, the focus should have been on the allegations in the complaint.

Nov 20, 2017
In lesson 343438 of never to capitulate to the fuckwit faction, Residues are now complaining that Bernie was runner up in the healthcare union endorsement (even though he was still jointly endorsed!):

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
In lesson 343438 of never to capitulate to the fuckwit faction, Residues are now complaining that Bernie was runner up in the healthcare union endorsement (even though he was still jointly endorsed!):

"Bernie is clearly the superior choice, the people will decide that"

(the people choose someone else)

"The people are FUCKING dumb, give it to Bernie or else!!!"

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Giuliani is going to throw haymakers all the way down to the mat. Trump's crime syndicate style has at least the one impressive feat that he requires everyone to get their hands dirty to be on his team. Anyone who balks in the slightest is out the door.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like this endorsement is a perfect example of why attempting to placate the Berners was stupid. It's like example 9,441. But, you know. Choices.

Oct 25, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

"What I have done is endeavored to follow the law," Maguire says.

10:50 AM - Sep 26, 2019

I33wM7cU9tD1D5BIb3n4Kw38SRI=.gif

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Rudy isn't exonerating himself, but he's ensnaring others and expanding the dragnet with his language. More people are being involved in a conspiracy is good news for Rudy how?

He's attempting to force them into defending themselves instead of turning on him. Arguably similar to Trump dragging Pence into things... it's a warning that Republicans can't throw trump under the bus and just get President Pence

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
As much as it'll be a shitshow, we have to remember a hearing with a man that has been repeatedly pantsed by Christ Cuomo on Live TV can't be bad for us. Especially if we use Counsel.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Rudy isn't exonerating himself, but he's ensnaring others and expanding the dragnet with his language. More people are being involved in a conspiracy is good news for Rudy how?

1. If more people are implicated they're less inclined to throw him under the bus - they'll attempt to stonewall together.
2. If Rudy gets hit with charges he can plead down by promising to rat out everyone he's already implicated.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I had a fun interaction at the grocery store just now. I was in the produce section grabbing stuff for dinner, and there's this middle aged bald man there stocking the shelves with produce. He makes a polite "How are you today sir?" and I reply with "Pretty good", and he starts talking about how it's a nice day outside, and I agreed but followed up with how things are about to get cold and nasty. He says "cold and nasty... are you talking about the President?" ...and then he just starts talking about how maybe the reason he's so happy today, and why it seems so beautiful outside is that impeachment is moving forward. I told him about how this Acting DNI testimony was going real well, and he got super excited about that. I'm just so used to blood red Idaho, that I never expect for someone to bring up politics in a good way. It was kinda fun. We both talked about how nice it is to go through years of deep existential dread every day and to finally feel like things are changing for the better. I apologize for this rambling post that contributes very little to the thread... It was just super pleasant.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
GOP defends Trump after whistleblower complaint - with Cornyn, Graham, Conaway - all coming to his defense, arguing in part it relies on second-hand info. I asked Conaway about the Trump-picked IG calling complaint "urgent" and "credible" and he dismissed it as a legal rationale
12:38 - 26 Sep 2019

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I'm not sure that Rudy is thinking as far ahead as you guys are, if only because he's such a rambler that he walks into these problems a LOT.

Ugh, we cast a hex on the world when we made him mayor.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
All the republican excuses amount to, "you let a second hand account expose the president's crimes! His crimes should still be secret."

its sad and hilarious

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that sticks with me most as Schiff finished up the hearing was his hope that the others that were witness to these acts also come forward. I really, really hope they find the stones to do their duty and not leave the whistleblower alone on an island.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Notice how no Republicans are defending Trump about the allegations against him, instead they're all complaining about procedure as a misdirection. That's important.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not sure that Rudy is thinking as far ahead as you guys are, if only because he's such a rambler that he walks into these problems a LOT.

Ugh, we cast a hex on the world when we made him mayor.
Yeah as with most of those in Trump's orbit, there's never any strategy just hubris and stupidity. Guiliani has been spending this past week going around telling the media he has so much evidence on his phone. After that WP article released that tried to pin everything on him.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

Seven out of seven GOP senators tell me and other reporters they have not read the whistleblower complaint. In a few hours, they'll leave Washington - and questions from national reporters- for two weeks.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Seven out of seven GOP senators tell me and other reporters they have not read the whistleblower complaint. In a few hours, they'll leave Washington - and questions from national reporters- for two weeks.

This kind of "I haven't read this" thing is nonsense. They would be abdicating their duty if they haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.