• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be honest, I'm pretty done with "impeccable reputations"
MAlvmPP.jpg

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

I do have to say, I'm not sure how chatting about a whistleblower complaint really qualifies as being under executive privilege. Doubly so, if the comments add color to the complaint itself.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Bonkers Hugh Hewitt tweet

Its just amazing to me that they don't seem to understand that it literally doesn't even matter at all if Biden is 100% guilty of whatever they are accusing him of.

You can't leverage military aid against a foreign government to get something for personal gain from them. The American military isn't an asset he possesses to use for what he wants.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and an early nomination for the next thread title:

US PoliERA 2019 |OT8| "... the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Right wing reall
Its just amazing to me that they don't seem to understand that it literally doesn't even matter at all if Biden is 100% guilty of whatever they are accusing him of.

You can't leverage military aid against a foreign government to get something for personal gain from them. The American military isn't an asset he possesses to use for what he wants.

I don't think realize how moldy "Obama/Clinton" conspiracies feel these days

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
He's acting DNI. Not the nominated, confirmed, permanent one.

edit:

How does this answer my point

Yesterday, it was reported that he threatened to resign. Maybe that would have been the more prudent course for him if he couldn't follow a clear statute.

What we're watching, pace David Rothkop, is a man doing everything he can to avoid admitting that he did wrong in grave circumstances.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So basically a giant pile of flaming shit lands on Maguire's desk. He doesn't want to give it to congress. He goes to the whitehouse hoping they'll give him an out. They don't. He goes to the Justice Department hoping they give him an out. They do, but it isn't legal. But it's *their* determination he can point to to make it not his fault.

Everyone tries to keep it hidden. They fail. Schiff gets wind of a whistleblower complaint that should have already been in his hands, and this whole thing begins.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

NEW: Elizabeth Warren nudged past Bernie Sanders for first place in a presidential endorsement vote by members of a California health care workers union, though the National Union of Healthcare Workers' board gave its backing to both progressive candidates.

The 15,000-member California union says Warren got 61% while Sanders had 50% in the balloting, which let members make up to three choices. The union had endorsed Sanders in the 2016 race. Harris got 34%, Biden got 32%, and Buttigieg got 21%.

RIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGED

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
So basically a giant pile of flaming shit lands on Maguire's desk. He doesn't want to give it to congress. He goes to the whitehouse hoping they'll give him an out. They don't. He goes to the Justice Department hoping they give him an out. They do, but it isn't legal. But it's *their* determination he can point to to make it not his fault.

Everyone tries to keep it hidden. They fail. Schiff gets wind of a whistleblower complaint that should have already been in his hands, and this whole thing begins.
Pretty much. I don't think it's malicious so much as a guy who didn't want that responsibility and wimped out.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

One caveat. The IG reported this complaints existence to House Intel, in accordance with the law, that's why they knew. The DNI then got spooked, consulted outside normal channels. and everything went to hell.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

RIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGEDRIGGED

Time to start a hashtag!!!
#nursescantcount

Also I must go be racist now.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

-----------

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

HUGE MOMENT.

Rep. Carson: This is likely the first whistleblower complaint held from Congress. Is it?

Acting DNI Maguire: "I believe it might be...It is unprecedented."

10:30 AM - Sep 26, 2019

Burgess Everett @burgessev

!!! Sen. Ron Johnson has no problem with Trump call with Zelensky but is asking tough Qs about allegation that White House restricted records of call

"I would not be happy. We'll find out exactly what transpired here. To me, of all this stuff, that's the part that concerns me"

10:37 AM - Sep 26, 2019

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if I'm the Nurses Union... I probably just do the same thing... since the alternative of only endorsing Warren probably has your leadership getting brigaded and death threads and other harassment.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
"I'm not going to treat you like a child and I'm going to give you a chance to answer your questions if I ask you something."

Proceeds to cut him off during the very first question about his military service record.

Status
Not open for further replies.