• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Trump: "We have a lot of corruption in our government."

:|

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

the norms misser @cd_hooks

On a conference call, John Cornyn says flatly that, as the Democrats know, "The senate will never convict President Trump." No caveats about judging on the facts or whatever. Nice to hear it plainly.

also says that bipartisan efforts to address prescription drug prices, mass shootings, et al will died because of the impeachment hubbub, because of course, they definitely were going to do them until now

Cornyn is asked if he's ok with the effort to dig up dirt on Biden even w/o a QPQ. "Well Todd, I don't—I don't agree with your statement. The purpose was to investigate corruption [...] Obviously, the Biden name was mentioned [...] that's a too-narrow construction."

"I think it's possible to find some of the conversation troubling without finding it a basis for impeachment," which would be nullifying the popular will in 2016

2:21 PM - Sep 25, 2019

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
You know, one of the really sucky things about working for a state agency in the IT department? Having to respond to public information requests from people like the Federation for American Immigration. Who... hmmn... quick little google here... oh yes, the SPLC called an anti immigrant hate group.

Fucking lovely.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Is TRUMP TEH MASTER talking shit on Biden because:

a. He's afraid of Forma
b. He wants people to think he's afraid of Forma but he really wants to face her in the general
c. Dude, he's too dumb be thinking any of this and is just attacking Biden because Trump is a fuckwit and thinks he is above the law 110% of the time

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
ABC News just reported that a source within Ukraine said this was the 2nd phone call, and there was a 1st phone call around the election. In this one, the White House made it clear Trump would only meet with the new President if part of this was tied to investigating Biden.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

He equates recognizing something's name in relation to himself with knowing all about it. Once you notice this consistency, it explains much of his addled thought process. He recognizes the name Ukraine because he met a Ukrainian once, therefore he knows all about Ukraine.
I fully figured that out when he claimed to know lots about the environment and be an environmentalist because he had to have environmental impact reports done for buildings he owned, by law. He recognizes the word "environmental", and is tangibly related to something that occurred near him once or twice, therefore he knows everything about "environment".

I wish I did not know so much about this pointless idiot's brain.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
ABC News just reported that a source within Ukraine said this was the 2nd phone call, and there was a 1st phone call around the election. In this one, the White House made it clear Trump would only meet with the new President if part of this was tied to investigating Biden.

Gonna need a link to a report as soon as one is available. Is there at least a tweet?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
If true, then, Republicans need a new talking point, stat! Because "no quid pro quo" won't cut it.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

No fuckin way dude.

They can't be that flagrant about it.

Jesus Christ of course they can.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

First call was in April. Rudy went in May. Really weird timing.

The first call was known, but nothing about what it was about.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Is TRUMP TEH MASTER talking shit on Biden because:

a. He's afraid of Forma
b. He wants people to think he's afraid of Forma but he really wants to face her in the general
c. Dude, he's too dumb be thinking any of this and is just attacking Biden because Trump is a fuckwit and thinks he is above the law 110% of the time
He thinks Biden will win and also that Biden is the biggest threat to him. I imagine he thinks his long tired Pocahontas slur is all he needs for Warren.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Ya, they said first call was in April. Sorry I don't have a link, it was the only station I was picking up on my phone. The reporter was talking to the guy who does all of ABC News coverage. Said that was coming out as of now. And they'd follow up. Hopefully, something will be on their site soon.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

release the memo!

Status
Not open for further replies.