• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the optics are already god awful on this so even if he gets acquitted by the Senate he is still in bad shape. As are the Republicans.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that isn't mentioned in the transcript is why the US was already withholding funds. You'd think that would come up right? Is that part just convinently missing or was that part of the message already delivered by 'ol Rudy...

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Neal is on there now so that's everybody in MA.
gettyimages-8606084802.jpg

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
i wish the media and really everyone would stop calling that a transcript.

it's a memo, and the actual call was probably even worse than what they concocted in this memo.

it's still pretty damning that a memo they no doubt hand-crafted to sound as not-bad as possible still sounds really fucking bad.
They are calling it a memo on MSNBC

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I thought it was 2/3red votes to convict in Senate?
Yes, but getting a majority would still be nice. Romney is in the 'maybe' column. Not sure about any of the 7 people who voted to impeach Clinton are viable candidates (not thinking about Graham for a second of course). Not sure about any other 'moderate' Republicans either, but the 67 number would give some senators cover to vote to impeach to protect themselves. Romney ran on a 'stand up to Trump' platform, so he likely has cover to do so, and it will likely help him maintain that air.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Schiff press conference. I love how the first comment is a guy wrongly saying Schiff lied about it being notes and not a transcript

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Graham is daring Democrats to vote on impeachment now.

Please proceed...

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
You guys! Of all days to be on the road for work, I've been offline all day. Can I get a summary? Was the transcript damning? I'm so pissed to be in the dark

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the 'inside the White House in the last week of sept 2019' stories to hit. I'm imagining many a Trump hissy fit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys! Of all days to be on the road for work, I've been offline all day. Can I get a summary? Was the transcript damning? I'm so pissed to be in the dark
This is the most ridiculous news day ever. Warren now leads two national polls and is showing 19% black voter share in both. (Bernie got 25%, w/ 45% total so there's an implication here as to her potential viability.)

Trump fucked himself, Barr could get impeached now as well as he was explicitly brought up in the call. GOP Senators are now in the Catch-22 when this goes to the Senate.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
The more I read this, the worse it looks. In this part, the Ukrainian president is talking about military aid:
screenshot_20190925-17tkw0.png

Trump immediately requests a "favor" and ties it to Crowdstrike, the security firm that investigated the DNC hacking, and the "missing" email server. It's not just Biden, he was also trying to get them to investigate Hillary! The very next part he names Biden by name. How can you see this as anything other than mafia style extortion?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The level of Bill Barr's corruption is honestly kind of shocking.

Killing the investigations into Trump. Sending out federal prosecutors to defend Trump in court. Preventing the release of the whistleblower report (and very likely forwarding it to the White House).

And these are just the actions we can see. God only knows what's being done behind the scenes.
It is very odd that he gave up life in private practice so he could come back to DOJ and ruin the country.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Thom Tillis, GOP senator from NC up in 2020: "Nancy Pelosi should be embarrassed... This is yet another pathetic attempt by Democrats to destroy President Trump with falsehoods to overturn the results of the 2016 election. It has not worked in the past, and it will not work now."

I think he didn't see the High Point poll earlier

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trump: Ukraine has very very good relations with USA and USA has done very very good things for Ukraine.

Also Trump: You should definitely look into Biden for ... also definitely look into the Crowdstrike.

Also Trump: You can get in touch with my personal lawyers Rudy and Barr.

Ukraine President: You are awesome Mr. President! And I totally loved your hotels that my friends and I stayed at!

I wish I was joking but that's what is actually in the memo lol! 30 minute call that appears to be no more than 5 minutes which a bunch of blanks and ellipsis.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Killing the investigations into Trump. Sending out federal prosecutors to defend Trump in court. Preventing the release of the whistleblower report (and very likely forwarding it to the White House).

And these are just the actions we can see. God only knows what's being done behind the scenes.

There is no bottom for these people. I know how hard it can be to fully realize the implications, but it's true.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I know, I wasn't talking about impeachment but rather the election implications.

Gotcha. It will be interesting; no modern president has ever faced impeachment and reelection simultaneously. Nixon and Clinton were both in their last terms of office and Andrew Johnson's trial was over before the 1868 election. Johnson also got railroaded out of office by the party machine.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
AM radio talking heads: ACKSHUALLEY, what the transcript says is Trump is trying to get down and really go after the mastermind of the Mueller probe: Joe Biden.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
It's kinda irrelevant how the GOP is spinning this when, clearly, the media is currently doing a good job. Like, this is open and shut. We're owning the news cycle. Even Fox New's headline was about how he asked them to look into Biden.....it's so egregious. Even an idiot can follow.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

And the thing is he's not a lackey. He has zero reason to care about anything Trump could do to him. He just gets off on helping his party be corrupt and above the law.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It's kinda irrelevant how the GOP is spinning this when, clearly, the media is currently doing a good job. Like, this is open and shut. We're owning the news cycle. Even Fox New's headline was about how he asked them to look into Biden.....it's so egregious. Even an idiot can follow.
Plus this is extremely immediate, and you know they had these responses ready to go before they even knew how badly he'd implicate himself. If their poll numbers start sinking they'll start singing a different tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.