• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
The law is they had 7 days to give congress the full whistleblower complaint. Redacted ain't it fam.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I think the $10 million digital ad buy in early states indicates some very strong fundraising.
It's not like she's skimping on staff either.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Twice now, in Iowa/Selzer, and now with Quinnipiac Nationally we've seen Civiqs polling be pretty darn close.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

EntireEnchantingGrouper-max-1mb.gif

That's a huge swing.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love when conservatives argue that adversarial lawyers are biased, as if they are making some grand point. Lawyers are paid to be biased and can be disbarred if they are not.

They also ignore the fact that, by the same shitty standard, their own lawyers are "unfairly biased." Giuliani was a Republican politician for decades! Yet some dude interning for Clinton 20 years ago is a problem? Christ.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Trump impeachment inquiry underway...Warren seeing more and more polls showing her in the lead...I like where this is going!

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Sweet, when do I get my check QUEEN? But seriously, what the hell is he talking about?

The Trump allies who view Warren as the strongest general election Democrat described her as a "movement" candidate with crossover appeal between the left and the center.

They said Warren's message fits the moment and view her potential candidacy as a wild card, believing that Trump would fare better in a rematch against an establishment candidate, such as Biden.

"She has a populist streak to match Trump that I think would make her tougher to beat than a lot of people realize," said one prominent GOP consultant. "I think her ideology fits the moment, and that scares me as a Republican."

Trump World remains mostly bullish on the president's reelection prospects, even as polls show Biden, Warren and Sanders leading in hypothetical head-to-head match-ups.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Warren's getting 19% of the black vote in the Quinn poll. That's what she needs to start taking the lead consistently in polling. Just dent Biden's lead.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Elie Honig @eliehonig

Oooh scandal! Guess what. Half the legal world "worked" (really, here, interned) for some Democrat or some Republican at some point. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1176684407677210624 …
7:19 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

I was also an intern in Chuck Schumer's office 18 years ago if the president would like to tweet about everyone's internships from that summer.

7:59 AM - Sep 25, 2019 · Washington, DC

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the WH is still trying this slow roll "here's the report the full thing syke how about we give you this instead" shit

their plan is to hope that people who only see news headlines think they're cooperating, but also hope they don't realize that the headline never changes?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
the WH is still trying this slow roll "here's the report the full thing syke how about we give you this instead" shit

their plan is to hope that people who only see news headlines think they're cooperating, but also hope they don't realize that the headline never changes?
It's going to take them a while to adjust to not being in control of the headlines.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Wait. Warren wants to give me money for being gay? Finally some compensation for having to deal with straights. Thank god. It's been hell.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
One super dumb thing that people opposing this need to be reminded of is that, even if Whatever Biden were guilty as fuck of Ukrainian Whatever, it still doesn't make any of this less impeachable.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip

Rudy Giuliani is saying on Fox News that he has had the Ukraine transcript read to him.

I'd be interested in knowing what rationale could possibly exist for a person who does not work for the government getting access to the transcript before Congress.

8:13 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Bradley P. Moss @BradMossEsq

Unless Trump ordered that, it would be illegal to have done that for someone without a clearance https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1176832193898930176 …

8:20 AM - Sep 25, 2019 · Chantilly, VA

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Is it good or bad that I consider these freaking awesome polls for Warren to be almost as emotionally rewarding as the impeachment inquiry? I'm 100% fine with her slowly chipping away at both Biden and Sanders (and wiping Harris off the face of the planet apparently) as a potential "woah, maybe we don't have to just settle for Biden" candidate.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it good or bad that I consider these freaking awesome polls for Warren to be almost as emotionally rewarding as the impeachment inquiry? I'm 100% fine with her slowly chipping away at both Biden and Sanders (and wiping Harris off the face of the planet apparently) as a potential "woah, maybe we don't have to just settle for Biden" candidate.

Yeah but she's been coasting on getting virtually no negative attention. I said it back then... the Bernie fans who were like "yayyy super best friends we're a team" are going to be singing a different tune when it becomes apparent that Warren and Sanders are on two different trajectories. Tone in r/sandersforpresident or whatever it is is starting to shift quite a bit. How she can take a punch will define her campaign. Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
One thing I look at in polls is where the olds are. They vote. A lot. Even the democratic ones. That's how you win a primary. You ain't got the olds, you ain't going nowhere. This is the....well it's the same as every poll. Sanders runs fifth with voters over 65, behind Biden, Warren, Butti, and Harris. He's at 3% with those over 65. You simply cannot win like that. There aren't enough young people in the world to overcome that. His only demo is 18-34, and he's only winning them by 14. That's nowhere near enough to even be competitive, let alone win this thing. He also still has a Democrat problem, so good luck with that. Also of note, his best demo is those who are paying little/no attention. That tells me he's either going to have a hard time turning out some of his voters, because they're literally not that invested, OR his numbers are inflated by name recognition. It's probably a little from column A, little from column B tbh.

Looking at those crosstabs, I wanna be Warren. Her support is wide enough among most groups. People are excited about her, but they're still a bit scared. A win in Iowa/NH is going to do wonders for her, I think. There is a subset of voters who want her, but they're just a bit camera shy. Not just voters of color, because I think that's an oversimplification of what she needs to do to actually win support not just get folks to say "Well, okay I guess...." That should NEVER be the bar we want to clear with the most important, most engaged, and most loyal block of voters. If there are concerns in the black community, Warren would be good to engage, listen and work on it. Luckily, she's smart, so I definitely see her putting in the necessary work.

Only the childless gays, breeder!

It is recompense for not getting showers.
giphy.gif

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
One thing I look at in polls is where the olds are. They vote. A lot. Even the democratic ones. That's how you win a primary. You ain't got the olds, you ain't going nowhere. This is the....well it's the same as every poll. Sanders runs fifth with voters over 65, behind Biden, Warren, Butti, and Harris. He's at 3% with those over 65. You simply cannot win like that. There aren't enough young people in the world to overcome that. His only demo is 18-34, and he's only winning them by 14. That's nowhere near enough to even be competitive, let alone win this thing. He also still has a Democrat problem, so good luck with that. Also of note, his best demo is those who are paying little/no attention. That tells me he's either going to have a hard time turning out some of his voters, because they're literally not that invested, OR his numbers are inflated by name recognition. It's probably a little from column A, little from column B tbh.

Looking at those crosstabs, I wanna be Warren. Her support is wide enough among most groups. People are excited about her, but they're still a bit scared. A win in Iowa/NH is going to do wonders for her, I think. There is a subset of voters who want her, but they're just a bit camera shy. Not just voters of color, because I think that's an oversimplification of what she needs to do to actually win support not just get folks to say "Well, okay I guess...." That should NEVER be the bar we want to clear with the most important, most engaged, and most loyal block of voters. If there are concerns in the black community, Warren would be good to engage, listen and work on it. Luckily, she's smart, so I definitely see her putting in the necessary work.

giphy.gif
Not to get too sappy, but I'm really glad you rejoined us.

Did someone say Marc Thiessan?

🌝

WaPo's opinion section is chock full of hot takes.
Oh no! Doing the right thing might also hurt Biden.

Oh dear!

What ever shall we do?

Did I sound convincing?

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017

Elie Honig @eliehonig

Oooh scandal! Guess what. Half the legal world "worked" (really, here, interned) for some Democrat or some Republican at some point. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1176684407677210624 …
"Attorney For Anti-Trump 'Whistleblower' Worked For Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer" https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24/attorney-for-anti-trump-whistleblower-worked-for-hillary-clinton-chuck-schumer/ …
7:19 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

I was also an intern in Chuck Schumer's office 18 years ago if the president would like to tweet about everyone's internships from that summer.

7:59 AM - Sep 25, 2019 · Washington, DC

Yglesias is canceled.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Wow some of the freaking out I'm seeing on social media from people who are against Trump are maddening.

'THE DEMOCRATS WON'T DO A REAL INVESTIGATION BECAUSE IT ISN'T IN THEIR INTEREST'.
'THIS HAS HANDED TRUMP REELECTION NEXT YEAR. WHEN THE SENATE VOTE NOT TO CONVICT TRUMP IS CLEARED OF WRONG DOING AND CAN RUN ON BEING EXONERATED.'

Errr. No.

This was always going to be there talking point.

When the Senate fails to bring it to a vote it will be Democrat's fault for not trying hard enough.

"But they don't have the Senate votes anyways."

"You really think they would vote against their interests?"

Etc

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the replies of this tweet to be rational and not toxic.
Tbh I hope she does and brings up the Native American thing. I don't want Warren to be the nominee if she can't handle that being thrown in her face during a debate. Warrens momentum could crater like Kamala's did if she can't. I hope she handles it well or has a good response but I haven't seen one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.