• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Its a shame. I feel its Hillary all over again where the concept of electability is the main draw and he is far from the best candidate besides name recognition.
That's literally not what it was for Hillary though. The fact that all these years later folks still wanna discount Hillary's connection to the black party base with "electability" is maddening. I do think Biden's is rooted in that, but there are the Obama ties, as well as, yes, being more moderate than some of the other candidates.

Warren has time to improve things. I think she will.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
So Fox is reporting that the WH is going to dox the whistleblower tonight? At least with regards to their political affiliation or donations. Classy.

Curious, because they shouldn't know who it is.

Only redaction should be the whistleblower's name or identifying information. That's it. Of course they'll try to redact anything but.
Not even considering they're willing to meet with the intelligence committees.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Reminder that America's Shifty Mayor and Trump go way back:

43edff86dce42ea8e85752ede866f22f.gif

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that these, ahem, sources say that Bolton and Mulvaney are totes innocent while Rudy was doing all of the #crimes.

Bolton is smart enough to not get caught to in blatantly illegal shit. He loves to dabble on the fringes
THIS. Bolton gtfo when he knew shit was fucked. Unfortunately for Mulvaney, he is an idiot and true believer and him not leaving when he could may be his downfall if they can pin anything on him.
Not even considering they're willing to meet with the intelligence committees.
True.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, this shit can go right in the trash where it belongs.

Joe Biden was part of an INTERNATIONAL action to remove a corrupt prosecutor from office. Implying anything else is a baseless smear.

This place should be better than BUT HER EMAILS. And worrying that it might make Biden look sympathetic is not a good luck, for you or for anyone. It needs to be called out for what it is.
You mean the prosecutor that was involved in investigating the Fossil fuel company that his son was a board member on?

Even taking into consideration that he is totally and completely innocent on this, this story isn't going to go any where anytime soon. And you can't dismiss this as "bbut the EMAILS!" because that's what resulted in Clinton losing the damn election!

This will be brought up in Democratic debates and if he gets nominated then it will most definitely will be brought up during the general election. I can already see the two incoherent old buffoons arguing about wanting to investigate each other and all this does is suppress voter turnout. I don't want there to be a repeat of a 2016 election and I am well within my right to be concerned about the optics on this.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The fact that there's already finger pointing and soon to be competing narratives going on on this story certainly doesn't spell good news for the White House on this scandal. I mean what does these days but still.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hillary put in the WORK with PoC. Wasn't just assumed for her, but the result of years.

Yep.

And right now Biden vs Warren is reminding me a lot of Hillary vs Bernie when it comes to the black vote.

Warren is consolidating young white progressives. But if Biden keeps it close in that demo while maintaining his hold on black support, black voters will deliver him the nomination.

And, what's worrying me, is I'm starting to sense that similar patronizing approach to winning black voters from the Warren camp. Certainly nothing as wreckless as Sanders and his "they just don't know that I marched with King yet," but I feel it. But yeah, she has time to correct that.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Not surprised at the GA poll and I expect similar in other Southern states like Mississippi and Alabama as well.

I am not sure how all this Ukrainegate helps or hurts Biden in the 2020 election. I personally feel this is a liability but then again I always felt he was a liability. But this whole Ukrainegate thing is also helping him.. his name is getting coverage and in many ways he is being seen as the victim in all this (ie. the person on the right side of Trump's abuse of power). But there are enough question marks around this Ukraine thing that it muddies the water around Biden and his whole angle in this election is his squeaky clean image versus Trump the corrupt demagogue.

It's brilliant for him insofar as none of his rivals would possibly lean into it because they'd instantly draw the entire party's ire.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's brilliant for him insofar as none of his rivals would possibly lean into it because they'd instantly draw the entire party's ire.
Yeah this is a point. This really only gets brought up if the debaters bring it up and package it into Biden's donors also being from fossil fuel companies. But right now the heat and focus is o Trump as it should be.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
If it's somehow Bolton, I will die laughing.
It would be the greatest heel turn of all time. Unfortunately it's more likely it's Coats if we're talking about biggies being the whistleblower. I wouldn't 100% count Bolton out though.

4687481.gif

Even INGRAHAM the fucking Nazi is laughing at his dumb ass!

A line has absolutely been crossed with this shit. R Congressmen/women are shook as fuck and their loyal lackeys on TV are acting seriously off.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

And right now Biden vs Warren is reminding me a lot of Hillary vs Bernie when it comes to the black vote.

Warren is consolidating young white progressives. But if Biden keeps it close in that demo while maintaining his hold on black support, black voters will deliver him the nomination.

And, what's worrying me, is I'm starting to sense that similar patronizing approach to winning black voters from the Warren camp. Certainly nothing as wreckless as Sanders and his "they just don't know that I marched with King yet," but I feel it. But yeah, she has time to correct that.
Biden has done all of jack shit work with PoC communities lol. I'm really not seeing the connection here and this shouldn't be a narrative.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yep.

I certainly think that the positive way that the campaign has carried itself so far will be a significant difference with Warren on this one as opposed to Bernie.

Anecdotally, several older black folks that I know and have spoken to on this are at the very least keeping Warren in consideration which again, is much more than I can say from the last time we went through this with Bernie.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Biden has done all of jack shit work with PoC communities lol. I'm really not seeing the connection here and this shouldn't be a narrative.

But he has done a ton of outreach. That and his history with Obama could be enough.

However, Warren has a thing going for her that Bernie doesn't: likeability beyond her base, and a willingness to use it.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the prosecutor that was involved in investigating the Fossil fuel company that his son was a board member on?
You mean the investigation that wasn't even active at the time this supposedly happened?

You mean the prosecutor who the West (the EU and US) was long united in being hell-bent on removing to try to stem the tide of corruption in the Ukranian government (the US wasn't even leading the charge here)?

It's fine to say "I worry about the impact these baseless smears may have on Biden as a candidate". It is not OK to pretend they have any legitimacy. If you have arguments to make against Biden, then make your case based on facts.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yep.

I mean, the problem is that Warren is putting in the work. I don't think she's doing anything less than she has to in order to court black voters. She has the highest favorability rating of any of the candidates, so it's not like she has to convince them to like her. What she does have to do is convince them she's a better option than Biden, whether that's taking into account policy or electability.

The way people talk about Warren's issues with black voters makes it sound like she's Buttigieg, who's made very little effort by comparison to draw them in. Everyone who's not Biden is having issues with black voters, including black candidates like Booker and Harris.

Granted my theory all along has been that if Warren notches wins in IA, NH and NV that'll turn enough heads in SC and the Southern Super Tuesday states to help her not be totally blown out there by Biden's margins among black voters. That's not really something that can be quantified right now. I don't think she even has to win - the problem Clinton had in 08 and Sanders had in 16 is they didn't get ANY traction among black voters. Tempering those margins and simply losing by less would have given Clinton the nomination in 08 and made Sanders far more competitive.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

Well sis, you and I know this, but as long as he keeps positioning himself as the continuation of Obama's lagacy and going to black voters, that's the reception he's going to get.

There WAS an attack aimed at him at the last Dem debate that I thought had a hint of effectiveness if an opponent were willing to go hard on him, and that was the idea that Biden is leaning so hard on Obama's accomplishments that it's starting to sound like taking credit for them.

Oct 25, 2017
But he has done a ton of outreach. That and his history with Obama could be enough.

However, Warren has a thing going for her that Bernie doesn't: likeability beyond her base, and a willingness to use it.
I mean if people are taking these bottom of the barrel attempts as outreach then I guess.

Well sis, you and I know this, but as long as he keeps positioning himself as the continuation of Obama's lagacy and going to black voters, that's the reception he's going to get.

There WAS an attack aimed at him at the last Dem debate that I thought had a hint of effectiveness if an opponent were willing to go hard on him, and that was the idea that Biden is leaning so hard on Obama's accomplishments that it's starting to sound like taking credit for them.
Thankfully when black voters start looking at her there won't be tons of scandals and other shit drudged up like I feared Kamala would face.

It's actually kinda hilarious how much black Twitter attacks have been focused at Kamala while Biden just skates by. Like y'all parents are out here vowing to vote Biden to polling agencies and youre focused on putting Kamala is a Cop in your profile name. Let's focus on the actual fights.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

holy shit the last 10 seconds of this clip. just pivoting to Soros now

giuliani isnt as nuts as Trump, but he's getting there

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

It's happening.

—-

Am I the only one who gets irrationally angry every time Guliani is the news because nothing ever came of him and SDNY leaking in 2016?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
lmao

Imagine being the president of Ukraine, walking into this meeting tomorrow. What the hell do you even say?!

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Retweeted by Senator Schatz:

Dan Pfeiffer @danpfeiffer

To navigate impeachment, Democrats need a point person with savvy and credibility to direct political and legal strategy and serve as the face of the effort. That person is probably not a current member of Congress.

Two possible candidates for a role like this include: @SallyQYates and @PreetBharara

9:45 PM - Sep 24, 2019

As much as I would enjoy this immensely,I think they both have clear conflicts of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.