• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Oct 25, 2017
Retweeted by Senator Schatz:

Dan Pfeiffer @danpfeiffer

To navigate impeachment, Democrats need a point person with savvy and credibility to direct political and legal strategy and serve as the face of the effort. That person is probably not a current member of Congress.

Two possible candidates for a role like this include: @SallyQYates and @PreetBharara

9:45 PM - Sep 24, 2019

How does this work? Going to the media every day?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I used to love reading stuff like this, but the mueller investigation fizzling out the way it did and the Trump administration just refusing to comply with subpeona's and Barr shutting down all the investigations basically broke me, so i'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

It is nice to see the inquiry finally start though, i'll take whatever positive news we can get.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I used to love reading stuff like this, but the mueller investigation fizzling out the way it did and the Trump administration just refusing to comply with subpeona's and Barr shutting down all the investigations basically broke me, so i'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

It is nice to see the inquiry finally start though, i'll take whatever positive news we can get.
The Mueller report is still alive and kicking thanks to this news.

It contains evidence of criminal activity by the President. The impeachment hearings will look into each of those events. They will interview people who will there and subpoena if they have to get it.

We can stop pretending the Mueller report was a bust now.

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing, Rudy could have just laid low, gone to Yankees games, cheated on his wives and died a hero. Dude would have had an airport named after him.

Hubris is a hell of a drug.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Redacted whistleblower report? Guess those of us fretting about how fast the WH rolled over on impeachment just got a reprieve.

lol, redacted.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

To navigate impeachment, Democrats need a point person with savvy and credibility to direct political and legal strategy and serve as the face of the effort. That person is probably not a current member of Congress.

Two possible candidates for a role like this include: @SallyQYates and @PreetBharara

It's a smart point imo. The other issue I have is that they need to highlight the members who are better at questioning in hearings and make sure that dumbass wannabe TV lawyer #7 doesn't waste their time grandstanding. It killed the Kavanaugh and Mueller hearings.

Jun 6, 2019

of course, two people who have been fired by Trump. What a dumb idea.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
EFQdnhrX4AIHHpH

This is a fundamental shift in the narrative for the public at large.

He dun fucked up.
It's really sad that half of Republicans are firmly in the camp of, "Do illegal stuff and tarnish the Office, it's all fine with me." Of course people are partisan, I get that, but ffs there is no bottom for these people.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

The thing is, this ya nothing to do with Trumps justice department correct?
So it's more difficult to diiddle with

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at the GA poll and I expect similar in other Southern states like Mississippi and Alabama as well.

I am not sure how all this Ukrainegate helps or hurts Biden in the 2020 election. I personally feel this is a liability but then again I always felt he was a liability. But this whole Ukrainegate thing is also helping him.. his name is getting coverage and in many ways he is being seen as the victim in all this (ie. the person on the right side of Trump's abuse of power). But there are enough question marks around this Ukraine thing that it muddies the water around Biden and his whole angle in this election is his squeaky clean image versus Trump the corrupt demagogue.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Not surprised at the GA poll and I expect similar in other Southern states like Mississippi and Alabama as well.

I am not sure how all this Ukrainegate helps or hurts Biden in the 2020 election. I personally feel this is a liability but then again I always felt he was a liability. But this whole Ukrainegate thing is also helping him.. his name is getting coverage and in many ways he is being seen as the victim in all this (ie. the person on the right side of Trump's abuse of power). But there are enough question marks around this Ukraine thing that it muddies the water around Biden and his whole angle in this election is his squeaky clean image versus Trump the corrupt demagogue.

I think that short term it helps him.

Listening to the news today, you'd think the primary was already over and Biden is our nominee.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
It's a smart point imo. The other issue I have is that they need to highlight the members who are better at questioning in hearings and make sure that dumbass wannabe TV lawyer #7 doesn't waste their time grandstanding. It killed the Kavanaugh and Mueller hearings.

Not going to happen. Far too many people hate Trump in Congress and you don't run for office if you don't like grandstanding every so often. Their best chance would be for Schiff, Lewis, and Nadler as committee chairs to do group press conferences regularly as both an official summary and a way to play damage control against the republicans.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, this shit can go right in the trash where it belongs.

Joe Biden was part of an INTERNATIONAL action to remove a corrupt prosecutor from office. Implying anything else is a baseless smear.

This place should be better than BUT HER EMAILS. And worrying that it might make Biden look sympathetic is not a good look, for you or for anyone. It needs to be called out for what it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.