• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I was thinking, with this announcement, Dems should be submitting some new lawyer stuff to the courts – the fact that this wasn't an official impeachment inquiry was a big point of contention in some of the arguments submitted, I believe most pointedly in one of the tax document cases.
It was not a big point of contention, it was a bad argument from Trump's lawyers.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at Nancy, and I don't think she looked nervous.

I think she looked grave. Because this is a serious moment.

I don't know what people expected. For her to announce impeachment followed by a performance by Meghan Trainor?

Agreed. For all the talk about impeachment that has been going on for months people sometimes forget this is serious fucking business. Do people want her turning cartwheels up there?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
MSNBC now saying Hoyer and Clyburn supporting inquiry. Not a shock, but now official.
Pelosi isn't really dumb enough to announce this without all her ducks lined up.

If she had to hold a floor vote right now she knows it would pass, even if only X number of House members have come out publicly for it. Otherwise she wouldn't have made a public statement.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what people expected. For her to announce impeachment followed by a performance by Meghan Trainor?
They expected this:

giphy.gif

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I got my Pelosi pitchfork ready. Is this the right thread? if not could someone be so kind to give directions to where I need to apply?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
No matter what Nancy came out and said or did, it was never going to be good enough for a subset of Twitter folks. So, I find the complaints kinda irrelevant. I think she was forceful. She spoke directly to the public. She made her case for why now is different, and that we really had exhausted everything else. It's been reported on over and over that she was trying to slow the thing down, which I don't think was a bad move. It let's her and the leadership be the unwilling warriors who are doing this to protect the republic . (Which I think is a DAMN good line and framing.)

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She is just a bad public speaker. She says all the right words but her delivery is crap. It is what it is. Not really her job, despite the title. Better speakers are out there handing out soundbites now so it doesn't matter

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Trump apparently called Pelosi on the phone and asked if they could "work something out" in regards to the whistleblower stuff. Wow.

Just heard a reporter say this on tv.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
Trump apparently called Pelosi on the phone and asked if they could "work something out" in regards to the whistleblower stuff. Wow.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was true - that's how he always operates and I don't think he knows any other way than this backroom/slimy dealing. Who reported this?

I really wish I wasn't at work right now so I could follow this more closely.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's happening. Now can the bandwidth and electricity wasted on "are people wanting him impeached childish" discussion be saved or does that have to wait until AFTER the floor vote on impeachement? Or *gulp* will it get worse until then.

But who cares right now, inquire his ass and laugh at Bojo. What a beautiful day yesterday was. Now TLOU2 trailer and then bed. I expect a dozen petty Trump tweets or a single colossal meltdown-until-his-phone-gets-snatched when I wake up. And then that meeting tomorrow? Lol!

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood

No, she was just repeatedly tripping over her words, her cadence was all over the place along with the volume of her voice... it was just very amateurish, which seems unusual for a politician of her stature and experience.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

So that thing earlier where Trump offered Pelosi gun control legislation in exchange for not impeaching is real?

I'm pretty sure that's also impeachable?

Oct 27, 2017
My wife heard her speech in the car. She said it left her eyes welled up in tears, about keeping the republic.

The message and its delivery were both effective.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Even though the Ukraine scandal is the spark here, you're already seeing on the news every impeachable thing Trump has done being reinvigorated under the word "Impeachment." The top Democrat calling this "Impeachment" has given all of it a focus. As I've been saying for months, that's the messaging power of actually using the "I" word.

Status
Not open for further replies.