• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god sen. Kennedy spinning

LOL, he's saying there's going to be an investigation of hunter Biden

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm torn between relief it's finally happening and a completely irrational fear that the entire whistleblower complaint and pushback is some kind insane nth-dimensional GOP push to goad the Dems into starting an inquiry, only to be able to go HA IT WAS NOTHING! and...

I dunno. I know rationally it's not, but man.
Literally my biggest fear. The blowback would be debilitating.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So far, the folks I've heard from the House are focusing on doing this to protect the Republic.
That's DAMN good messaging.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
They're moving on this because it's a softball: easy to communicate (though Pelosi almost flubbed it in the PC), believable bc it fits the pattern of his conduct whether or not you support him, and in the act rather than bearing the baggage of a past election.

The other thing to note is that the speed at which this has evolved means that the Dems control the narrative for once - the propagandists haven't yet found a spin that resonates and dumb ass Trump admitted the thing in full over the past day.

Perfect storm.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The official declaration, the angry tweets during "executive time."

It's just... *chef kiss*

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn between relief it's finally happening and a completely irrational fear that the entire whistleblower complaint and pushback is some kind insane nth-dimensional GOP push to goad the Dems into starting an inquiry, only to be able to go HA IT WAS NOTHING! and...

Trump is too stupid for that. Yet he gets away with everything.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So, apart from the messaging / optics aspect, how does this formal announcement affect anything. Given that the House committees were already investigating all this, does a formal announcement of impeachment investigations change anything about how these investigations will proceed from now on or is this mostly just a PR move?
Very little. It gives them legal justification that they may have lacked previously, but everything is still going to get tied up in the courts (because this administration will never cooperate).

Assuming we win the vote in the House (everybody should be nervous about this right now), it's not going to change anything. Maybe the media will provide adequate coverage and the narrative will shift... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Better hope this is not a nothing burger. For all Pelosi's goodness and truthiness, I'm hoping she has her head on straight.
We know what happened. And it demanded impeachment (Nancy stalled as long as she could to protect the caucus, but that was no longer viable with this latest action—she needed to get on board or get out of the way).

The only question is whether it can be proved.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, Fox is running 24/7 stories about Biden and his son to try and 'whatabout" this?

Oct 25, 2017

But we know a) Money was withheld seemingly completely verified and b) Trump put pressure on Ukraine to investigate after the fact as admitted to by Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
They're moving on this because it's a softball: easy to communicate (though Pelosi almost flubbed it in the PC), believable bc it fits the pattern of his conduct whether or not you support him, and in the act rather than bearing the baggage of a past election.

The other thing to note is that the speed at which this has evolved means that the Dems control the narrative for once - the propagandists haven't yet found a spin that resonates and dumb ass Trump admitted the thing in full over the past day.

Perfect storm.

That is a very good point.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
We should deny Trump the benefit of "innocent until proven guilty" just like he wanted to deny the Central Park 5 of that protection.

All shade.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
John Kennedy is hilarious. This spin is painfully desperate.

Democrats have truly caught Republicans flat-footed. We need to keep them that way.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly...idk how important it is that this is actually true or not anymore. People believe it's true...and as we saw with BENGHAZI perception is reality.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the republican response to this has been just "wow, that will be bad for them!"

it's like when the scooby doo villain yells "I'll get you!" as he's being pulled away by the cops

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly...idk how important it is that this is actually true or not anymore. People believe it's true...and as we saw with BENGHAZI perception is reality.
As many or more people probably believe the stuff about Biden actually has merit (and the media gladly indulges).

I think it ends up in a wash. Whose mind is going to be changed?

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Even though the Biden thing is bullshit, but lets pretend it was true...it still doesn't matter at all versus what Trump did is impeachable and self serving. This "lets investigate Biden too" spin they are trying is a massive miss.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Even though the Biden thing is bullshit, but lets pretend it was true...it still doesn't matter at all versus what Trump did is impeachable and self serving. This "lets investigate Biden too" spin they are trying is a massive miss.
The nihilism is a core tenet of trumpism, tho: "everything is fucked, how bad could I really be by politicians standards? my flaws are just trash-talk."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Even though the Biden thing is bullshit, but lets pretend it was tru

WhQ3deQ.gif

--

Not dismissing your point, as you're right. Just pointing out that Republican misinformation works not by getting you to believe it, but getting you to entertain it.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I probably just have ptsd from 2016, but I'm really worried how pro-releasing the transcripts trump is, and how pro-releasing the whistle blowing complaint Mitch is.

I can only think of two explanations. Either the actual thing isn't bad, or they're going to release something that isn't really representative of what happened but it'll muddy the waters. Both of those options are no bueno.

Status
Not open for further replies.