• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, today's been quite the day... The Supreme Court rebuking Boris in the UK, impeachment starting here in the States. Feels good.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, Trump is going to release a tape of sorts that he feels will clear him?
Where the fuck is it?

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Fuck Trump and fuck the Republican party. The House won't be flipped and the Senate is very much in play. We're going to get a DDC trifecta come 2021 and all the chicken littles on the Beltway and elsewhere are going to like it.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
So, apart from the messaging / optics aspect, how does this formal announcement affect anything. Given that the House committees were already investigating all this, does a formal announcement of impeachment investigations change anything about how these investigations will proceed from now on or is this mostly just a PR move?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus this story is like a week old and has majority impeachment support.

This fact (and the fact that the Mueller/obstruction did NOT) are not lost on politicians.

Way back before Trump was inaugurated, I said the path to him being bounced would be if the GOP sae the writing on the wall wrt public sentiment. Then nothing happened and they coalesced around their base. I was despondent. But 2018 happened and the GOP now knows full well that their base alone can't get them majorities. I believe this is the crack in the dam for them to eventually throw Trump under the bus. All they really need to do it is some excuse for their base about how they had no choice.

I also assume there will be pressure behind closed doors to get Trump to resign, though it will go nowhere.

This has been my fanfic for the day, I hope you enjoyed it.

Finny

Oct 25, 2017
as much as i don't want him to win the primary, i'm now a bit glad that biden's popularity has persisted

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Better hope this is not a nothing burger. For all Pelosi's goodness and truthiness, I'm hoping she has her head on straight.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
If we're lucky he resigns. If we're not lucky , he manufactures a new crisis to hold hostages with.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
OF COURSE, MAXINE WATERS!

tumblr_oofisnOCyU1thd7hoo1_400.gif

Well here we go.

And there's no way that this doesn't make Trump go nuts 24/7. I expect this will be the only thing he tweets about and talks about.

Which I figure was always part of the point. Impeachment investigation would consume Trump and tie up his attention.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better hope this is not a nothing burger. For all Pelosi's goodness and truthiness, I'm hoping she has her head on straight.

This isn't about the transcript so there is no nothing burger to be had. He has admitted to almost everything in the media and even if he hadn't, he has gone through extraordinary lengths to obstruct congress and this is the only option they have left

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well tuned into msnbc. For the first time in awhile my ass is gonna be glued to cable tv news lol.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm torn between relief it's finally happening and a completely irrational fear that the entire whistleblower complaint and pushback is some kind insane nth-dimensional GOP push to goad the Dems into starting an inquiry, only to be able to go HA IT WAS NOTHING! and...

I dunno. I know rationally it's not, but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.