• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
0O23ktJ.gif

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No matter how this turns out- The Democrats did the right thing.

History will ultimately side with this decision.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that was so short. I appreciate the brevity. Just get it out there and gtfo and get to work.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about this more, I suppose one angle might be to pass this, Trump says no and the GOP goes "Well, we tried"

Curious what happens if Trump turns them down. Do they pass something with teeth in it? That might piss off the base, right?

---

You don't say this if you actually want her to do it.

Trump is the one who let it get to this point GTFO dude

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Hopefully this signals a shift in messaging, because that was a perfect rollout.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Nancy was definitely nervous or something.

If Dems retain the House majority in 2020 she should let someone else be Speaker. Not just because she was nervous of course... but she's been hesitant on impeachment and I never could quite understand why

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I think it was very smart that she directed this directly at the public. Laid out that we tried our best. But we got no where. Now we have to act.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
"A Republic, if you can keep it."

Hopefully this signals a shift in messaging, because that was a perfect rollout.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
So all the major committees will be investigating and referring findings.

They're going the whole hog here it seems. Good.

Oct 27, 2017
Naci Pelosi seems like she is on day leave from a retirement home. Honestly her oratory alone weakens the case. You get the leaders you deserve America.
They let this shit go on far too long. Finally fucking doing something.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

If Dems retain the House majority in 2020 she should let someone else be Speaker. Not just because she was nervous of course... but she's been hesitant on impeachment and I never could quite understand why
Because she has thought it'll cost them many of the districts that gave them the majority

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
My post a few days ago about it seeming like the Democratic leadership was just plainly scared of going through with impeachment because of the reality of what that would mean, the escalation of the conflict with Trump that could entail, definitely seemed true given how Pelosi seemed way more nervous than I've ever seen her since she became Democratic House leader. Nevertheless, I hope they don't give Trump an inch - the time to give him all they've got is now. This is only a good thing.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

I would be too, this is easily the most monumental thing you can do as the House.

If it backfires somehow it'll get really, really ugly.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
even if he doesn't get removed, we can win this messaging war and damage him.

Status
Not open for further replies.