• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
also, it's hilarious that Tulsi chose the day when impeachment is formally announced -- and as dozens of far more endangered House Dems came out in support of it -- to reaffirm her opposition to impeachment.

I would seriously like for someone to finally drag her so completely that she has to sink away forever.

Edit: As someone who still thinks that impeachment was never going to happen based on the Mueller Report, I'm still not changing that opinion. This situation is different in that it went from 0 to 1000 in like 2 days.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
"Denying Congress the information, which it is constitutionally entitled to, and obstructing its efforts to investigate actions is not the conduct of an American president. It's an abuse of power," Biden said.

"Donald Trump will leave Congress, in my view, no choice but to initiate impeachment. That would be a tragedy, but a tragedy of his own making," Biden said.

He added that Congress should demand the information they need to investigate Trump.

"I can take the political attacks. They'll come and they'll go, and in time they'll soon be forgotten, but if we allow a president to get away with shredding the United States constitution, that will last forever," Biden said.

Good statement from Biden. No hedging on it either. Just straight up calling for it.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
For y'all that were calling for impeachment, don't get all upset when CNN or whatever doesn't report things exactly the way you want them. This was always the risk. They won't frame things the way we want them. It's not gonna be fair and balanced. It's always going to be about both sides and all that shit. That's a risk you accept when you do this. Play the hand we're dealt.

This is a really good point that a lot of us would probably do well to listen to. There will be no shortage of takes like "is this actually good for Trump?" and "We spoke to these ~real Americans~ at this Iowa diner and they say Democrats have gone too far, is it time to panic?" Like you say this was always going to be a part of the equation. There is already some catastrophizing going on in this thread, it would probably be best for everyone's sanity if we just accept that the media is going to be as useless on this as they have been for everything else.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I honestly just found out that biden wasn't on the impeachment train, I thought for minimum he was there. what a trash candidate

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So um, this is almost assuredly a stupid thing to ask but the Dems must have done their homework already and made sure that the whistleblowers claims aren't just lies right? Because that would be... suboptimal.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to takes from sycophants like Hewitt or Thiessen along the lines of, "Actually, impeachment is the best thing to happen to Trump" or some such nonsense.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So um, this is almost assuredly a stupid thing to ask but the Dems must have done their homework already and made sure that the whistleblowers claims aren't just lies right? Because that would be... suboptimal.

Their actions in hiding the complaint is impeachable in and of itself. That being said it would definitely hurt public support if there was no red flags. but Trump has already admitted to it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If they call it a transcript and it turns out it's a readout they are going to be feeling a lot of pain.

Looking forward to takes from sycophants like Hewitt or Thiessen along the lines of, "Actually, impeachment is the best thing to happen to Trump" or some such nonsense.

Hewitt already said Biden is the one that should be impeached, so...

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
No, the point is to see the claims and investigate them. The point is the admin is blocking them from even knowing the claims.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Yeah at this point if even it's not true and they got bad info, the press has practically forced Pelosi into it.

edit: looks like Moscow Mitch might have found his stop on the Trump Express

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Damn, Moscow Mitch is shook
wonder what happens when McConnell decides protecting Trump is a bigger electoral liability than throwing him overboard

if what comes from the impeachment inquiry is so big and so explosive, is it really worth saving a few incumbents from tough primaries to keep Trump around and guarantee everyone loses in 2020?

Oct 27, 2017
One good thing about impeaching over this instead of Russia a year ago is how much simpler this scandal is, with about 87 fewer moving parts to explain.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love that Mitch probably never expected things to escalate like this, but he has essentially run out of options as well. I still no matter what happens expect Trump to never be convicted in the senate, but if this thing blows open and exposes to some serious dirt that tanks his approval even more it'll be fun to see people run away from his campaign like they did in 16

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
There's still ample ample grounds for impeachment proceedings without the whistle blower report delivering, so it's all good either way.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Moscow Mitch must know its a nothing burger.

Yep. Trump talks in code.

However the focus needs to everything. Including the Mueller report. Everything.

If Dems just do it over Ukraine they're going to embarrass themselves. Ukraine should just be reason 39485783.

Trump was very specific on what he did not say. It doesn't meant intention isn't there. But if this whole thing is hedged on a whistleblower and not killing kids at the border or stealing money.. it's gonna be a huge backfire.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
8qLDhU6.png

source

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't believe this headline, but it looks like this interview actually took place a week ago, prior to the whistleblower story.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
McConnell called for the Whistleblower Report, Not the conversation transcripts. The Report is what we all actually want, not the latter.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't even matter what it is in this particular report. Congress has to stand up for their oversight powers. You can't have a lawless administration that simply refuses to answer to Congress

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yep. Trump talks in code.

However the focus needs to everything. Including the Mueller report. Everything.

If Dems just do it over Ukraine they're going to embarrass themselves. Ukraine should just be reason 39485783.

Trump was very specific on what he did not say. It doesn't meant intention isn't there. But if this whole thing is hedged on a whistleblower and not killing kids at the border or stealing money.. it's gonna be a huge backfire.
Ukraine is probably the thing that's going to be sold to voters as the most easily digestible reason to impeach/convict, but I expect the lawmakers will have no shortage of reasons to go through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.