• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Man, I come back from Hobbs and Shaw and now Will Hurd retires, I sensing a trend of seeing Thursday night premieres causes a GOP retirement, I should do more of those, maybe if Dora or Art of Racing is good, I'll do it and hopefully Marchant or McCaul retires

Tim Scott, The Last Black Republican in America

81xroAuikKL.jpg

Thank GIS for finding this fucking gem.

I completely forgot about that fucking book, didn't make sense back then and it sure as hell doesn't make sense now

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems the rally tonight was fairly tame other than trump lying a lot and saying a lot of nonsense.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Tootsie says she's at 128,403 unique donors, so safe to say she'll clear the 130K threshold. She's gonna need three more 2% polls to qualify.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump told his audience of people who got free tickets to his rally because tickets to his rallies are free: "We've sold tens of thousands of tickets, and you know, at the sale prices, we keep it nice and low, but keep it nice and low."

11:32 PM - Aug 1, 2019

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Who cares what trump will make fun of.... every potential candidate can get on him and get under his skin with facts, jokes, and everything else that he hasn't delivered on... the top 5 or 6 will be fine.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Trump told his audience of people who got free tickets to his rally because tickets to his rallies are free: "We've sold tens of thousands of tickets, and you know, at the sale prices, we keep it nice and low, but keep it nice and low."

What this tells me is that at at least some point Trump was considering charging for tickets to his rallies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Last edited:

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I've seen liberal, moderate, and anti-Trump conservatives tweet about it today. It isnt a "Biden Defense Force" thing.

Obama got hit pretty hard about immigration last night as well as the ACA and trade. They kind of took a dump on what he did over his 8 years.

Obama said medicare for all is a good idea. candidates proposing something that goes farther than the ACA is Obama doesn't seem to have a problem with

as for trade, even Hillary tried to distance herself from TPP

Obama's immigration record is something the moderators keep bringing up, not the candidates themselves. and it's a fair question. so spare me the "Obama got beaten up" crap. It's just a media talking point designed to fuel the "Dems in disarray!" narrative

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Harris should hire you for debate prep.

That was a wonderful post worthy of basically being enshrined.

But.

There's no way to condense that into a debate answer, even one on one, and have it come out right to a larger audience. It's too much explanation, which is great for an article but never comes across in debate. Which is a shame, but true nevertheless.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
That was a wonderful post worthy of basically being enshrined.

But.

There's no way to condense that into a debate answer, even one on one, and have it come out right to a larger audience. It's too much explanation, which is great for an article but never comes across in debate. Which is a shame, but true nevertheless.
"The 1,500 people you reference weren't just college students getting high in their dorms, they were drug dealers. While I was busy taking drug dealers off the streets, you were having a photo op with a brutal dictator overseas that uses chemical weapons to murder children."

I'm sure they could workshop it.

Oct 30, 2017
Have most of these latest Republican retirements been relegated to Texas, or have they pretty much been nationwide? It just reminds me of the wave of retirements they had before the 2018 midterms. Hopefully this is them seeing the writing on the wall and getting out while they still can.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh...not really?

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Lil Kim. And our justice system is largely shit. But she did perjure herself before a grand jury in a murder trial...multiple times.

She got sentenced a year and a day. That's a slap on the wrist compared to the time she could have gotten.

What was fucked up about it, from what I remember, was that she got caught lying because her "friends" who were in on the lie all took plea deals and essentially ratted her out. That was trash.

And, selfish I know, but had Kim not gone to jail we would have never gotten The Naked Truth, her best album.
I don't know, she wasn't involved int he shooting, she didn't withheld any important information that could have help "solve" this case (scare quotes since I don't really believe anyone involved in that investigation wanted to solve anything). The DA and the cops were playing that game where they try to find shit to pin on people so they'll roll on someone, and she didn't participated well enough in their fishing expeditions for parole violations and criminal possessions.
So yeah, she perjured herself, but I'm really not seeing how justice or really anything was served by her being in prison. Outside the art from suffering angle, but like, there's a lot of people who can't sing who get caught in that shit.

Edit: oh and since everyone assume everything is partisan - I don't believe Kamla Harris was involved in any of that, I have no idea why she was in that clip really, I'm really just talking about the case.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
A big chunk of the GOP House was elected in 2010, they've never been in the minority before. Granted the retirements aren't necessarily all 2010 people but those people are finding out what it's like for the first time.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The kind of mistakes Trump makes every time he opens his mouth are the sort of nightmarish shit that would haunt my nights for weeks they're so embarrassing

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, where did this narrative that Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi have a feud come from?
As far as I'm aware articles have noted they've actually had a pretty good relationship since Omar entered the House.
AOC is another story...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Kremlin state media / Russian Foreign Ministry put out a statement blaming the U.S.

Secretary Pompeo @SecPompeo

On Feb 2nd, 2019 the U.S. gave Russia six months to return to compliance with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. Russia refused, so the treaty ends today. The U.S. will not remain party to a treaty when others violate it. Russia bears sole responsibility.

5:03 AM - Aug 2, 2019

The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) was signed by US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987.
It banned missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 km (310-3,400 miles).
But earlier this year the US and Nato accused Russia of violating the pact by deploying a new type of cruise missile, which Moscow has denied.
The Americans said they had evidence that Russia had deployed a number of 9M729 missiles - known to Nato as SSC-8. This accusation was then put to Washington's Nato allies, which all backed the US claim.
"Russia is solely responsible for the treaty's demise," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement on Friday.
"With the full support of our Nato allies, the United States has determined Russia to be in material breach of the treaty, and has subsequently suspended our obligations under the treaty," he added.
Russia's foreign ministry confirmed the INF treaty was "formally dead" in a statement carried by state-run Ria Novosti news agency.
Back in February, President Donald Trump set the 2 August deadline for the US to withdraw if Russia didn't come into compliance.
Russian President Vladimir Putin suspended his country's own obligations to the treaty shortly afterwards.
----------------------------
In 2007, Russian President Vladimir Putin declared the treaty no longer served Russia's interests.
That happened after US President George W Bush, in 2002, pulled the US out of the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, which banned weapons designed to counter ballistic nuclear missiles.
In 2014, then US President Barack Obama accused Russia of breaching the INF Treaty after it allegedly tested a ground-launched cruise missile.
He reportedly chose not to withdraw from the treaty under pressure from European leaders, who said such a move could restart an arms race.
"Allies have concluded that Russia has developed and fielded a missile system, the 9M729, which violates the INF Treaty and poses significant risks to Euro-Atlantic security," a statement from Nato foreign ministers read.
The statement said the member nations "strongly support" the US claim that Russia is in breach of the pact, and called on Moscow to "return urgently to full and verifiable compliance".
Russia denied the accusation and President Putin said it was a pretext for the US to leave the pact.

q3owgDj.png

Steve Rosenberg @BBCSteveR

As the US exits the landmark INF missile treaty, one Russian paper today says the treaty's collapse "increases the risk of a nuclear conflict & moves the world closer to war with all its catastrophic consequences." #ReadingRussia

3:40 AM - Aug 1, 2019

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Kremlin state media / Russian Foreign Ministry put out a statement blaming the U.S.

Secretary Pompeo @SecPompeo

On Feb 2nd, 2019 the U.S. gave Russia six months to return to compliance with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. Russia refused, so the treaty ends today. The U.S. will not remain party to a treaty when others violate it. Russia bears sole responsibility.

5:03 AM - Aug 2, 2019

The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) was signed by US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987.
It banned missiles with ranges between 500 and 5,500 km (310-3,400 miles).
But earlier this year the US and Nato accused Russia of violating the pact by deploying a new type of cruise missile, which Moscow has denied.
The Americans said they had evidence that Russia had deployed a number of 9M729 missiles - known to Nato as SSC-8. This accusation was then put to Washington's Nato allies, which all backed the US claim.
"Russia is solely responsible for the treaty's demise," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a statement on Friday.
"With the full support of our Nato allies, the United States has determined Russia to be in material breach of the treaty, and has subsequently suspended our obligations under the treaty," he added.
Russia's foreign ministry confirmed the INF treaty was "formally dead" in a statement carried by state-run Ria Novosti news agency.
Back in February, President Donald Trump set the 2 August deadline for the US to withdraw if Russia didn't come into compliance.
Russian President Vladimir Putin suspended his country's own obligations to the treaty shortly afterwards.
----------------------------
In 2007, Russian President Vladimir Putin declared the treaty no longer served Russia's interests.
That happened after US President George W Bush, in 2002, pulled the US out of the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, which banned weapons designed to counter ballistic nuclear missiles.
In 2014, then US President Barack Obama accused Russia of breaching the INF Treaty after it allegedly tested a ground-launched cruise missile.
He reportedly chose not to withdraw from the treaty under pressure from European leaders, who said such a move could restart an arms race.
"Allies have concluded that Russia has developed and fielded a missile system, the 9M729, which violates the INF Treaty and poses significant risks to Euro-Atlantic security," a statement from Nato foreign ministers read.
The statement said the member nations "strongly support" the US claim that Russia is in breach of the pact, and called on Moscow to "return urgently to full and verifiable compliance".
Russia denied the accusation and President Putin said it was a pretext for the US to leave the pact.

q3owgDj.png

Steve Rosenberg @BBCSteveR

As the US exits the landmark INF missile treaty, one Russian paper today says the treaty's collapse "increases the risk of a nuclear conflict & moves the world closer to war with all its catastrophic consequences." #ReadingRussia

3:40 AM - Aug 1, 2019

Cool cool. We're all gonna die.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot about that fucking book, didn't make sense back then and it sure as hell doesn't make sense now
I had no idea it existed and I died when I saw it on GIS.

Daniel Dale @ddale8

I bet you money that they tell him they cost $100+/ticket.
"The 1,500 people you reference weren't just college students getting high in their dorms, they were drug dealers. While I was busy taking drug dealers off the streets, you were having a photo op with a brutal dictator overseas that uses chemical weapons to murder children."

I'm sure they could workshop it.
You and Manmademan should be hired by Kamala's team for debate prep.

e: oh this is like 3+ years old 🤔 oops

Obligatory whenever the Libertarian Party is mentioned:
d3d3d0f3919ecfccbf8adad49af862a6.gif

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
He is his own worst enemy. Can't handle the thought of being seen to make a simple verbal stumble or mixup up so much that he always doubles down on it to make it seem like he meant to do it, and he always makes himself look even worse.

There's definitely been some (additional) regression since 2016. I wouldn't be shocked if he just doesn't do any debates at all.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
e1P7EkJ.png

Christiane Amanpour @camanpour

THREAD: Just two weeks ago, I spoke with @HurdOnTheHill.https://cnn.it/31bBaRG

On Thursday, he announced he wouldn't run for re-election.

On July 15, he told me: "I go into communities that most Republicans don't show up in order to take a conservative message."

2/ I read Hurd a quote from Joe Straus, the Republican former speaker of the Texas House of Representatives.

Straus said: "I think he is Exhibit A in Texas for what the future of the Republican Party needs to be."

3/ "What I like to say, I'm the face of the future Republican Party," Hurd told me just two weeks ago.

4/ "When you look at independents and conservative Democrats in the United States, they are concerned with the direction of the Democratic Party is going," Hurd said. "And our opportunity is to appeal to those folks."

5/ "My district, Hillary Clinton won by four points in 2016," Hurd told me.

"Yet I continue to survive and win partly because, you know, I try to have a message that is reflective of where the majority of the country is."

6/ "I'm the only black in the Republican in the House of Representatives," Hurd said two weeks ago.

"If the Republican Party in Texas doesn't start looking like Texas, there won't be a Republican Party in Texas.

"And I think that goes for the rest of the country."

END

7:12 AM - Aug 2, 2019

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
e1P7EkJ.png

Christiane Amanpour @camanpour

THREAD: Just two weeks ago, I spoke with @HurdOnTheHill.https://cnn.it/31bBaRG

On Thursday, he announced he wouldn't run for re-election.

On July 15, he told me: "I go into communities that most Republicans don't show up in order to take a conservative message."

2/ I read Hurd a quote from Joe Straus, the Republican former speaker of the Texas House of Representatives.

Straus said: "I think he is Exhibit A in Texas for what the future of the Republican Party needs to be."

3/ "What I like to say, I'm the face of the future Republican Party," Hurd told me just two weeks ago.

4/ "When you look at independents and conservative Democrats in the United States, they are concerned with the direction of the Democratic Party is going," Hurd said. "And our opportunity is to appeal to those folks."

5/ "My district, Hillary Clinton won by four points in 2016," Hurd told me.

"Yet I continue to survive and win partly because, you know, I try to have a message that is reflective of where the majority of the country is."

6/ "I'm the only black in the Republican in the House of Representatives," Hurd said two weeks ago.

"If the Republican Party in Texas doesn't start looking like Texas, there won't be a Republican Party in Texas.

"And I think that goes for the rest of the country."

END

7:12 AM - Aug 2, 2019

Truly warms the cockles of my heart.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@AC360
"If you're on an antidepressant, you're not numbing your pain. You're actually trying to feel again."@AndersonCooper challenges presidential candidate @marwilliamson on her record on mental health, vaccines, and antidepressants.https://cnn.it/2MA5nWC

Status
Not open for further replies.