• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cargo Shorts

Oct 25, 2017
Just on CNN, Trump was telling reporters that at the hospital in El Paso, doctors were coming out of operating rooms to thank him.

lol

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if that's possible at this point. Who in the GOP really comes off as likeable to general audiences anymore?
Just on CNN, Trump was telling reporters that at the hospital in El Paso, doctors were coming out of operating rooms to thank him.

lol

"He let a man die, just to shake my hand. Let a man die. Can you believe that?"

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if that's possible at this point. Who in the GOP really comes off as likeable to general audiences anymore?

Justin Amash. What he represents will be the new opposition to whatever the Democrats eventually shape up to be. Whether that opposition is the GOP or a surging Libertarian Party is another matter.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I think Trump has a weird habit of just doing free association with any question he has no fucking clue on (most of them). Just picks out a word in it and riffs on it.

He's like a terrible improv guy.

His impulsive egotistical need to respond to everything rather than either not make a comment or say he doesn't know consistently outstrips his actual knowledge of whatever he is speaking to and ability to bluff his way through.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
In conversation, Merkel made it clear in no uncertain terms how little regard she has for Grenell. She told Pence that the U.S. ambassador cultivates a style that "took getting used to."

Diplomacy is so silly. I would not call that "no uncertain terms."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Justin Amash. What he represents will be the new opposition to whatever the Democrats eventually shape up to be. Whether that opposition is the GOP or a surging Libertarian Party is another matter.
It won't. The GOP's devolution isn't going to stop. (see: California.) The future of guys like Amash is conservative/libertarian Dems or just rando Is.

Oct 26, 2017
People died because doctors just stopped in the middle of surgery and went into the halls to thank the chosen one!*

*Not that The Chosen One

This username is a holdover for when I first started posting on GAF back in the late 90s as a wide-eyed video-game obsessed 17 year-old. Yet in over 20 years of using this handle, I've never felt so dirty as I do today. Having a White Nationalist Anti-Christ King of Israel Greenland Poacher proclaim himself the The Chosen one is just too much to take in a 36 hour period. I'm done.

Fake EDIT: I seriously wonder if even a significant amount of Republicans really want Trump to be reelected. I mean who really wants 5 more years of this?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This username is a holdover for when I first started posting on GAF back in the late 90s as a wide-eyed video-game obsessed 17 year-old. Yet in over 20 years of using this handle, I've never felt so dirty as I do today. Having a White Nationalist Anti-Christ King of Israel Greenland Poacher proclaim himself the The Chosen one is just too much to take in a 36 hour period. I'm done.

Fake EDIT: I seriously wonder if even a significant amount of Republicans really want Trump to be reelected. I mean who really wants 5 more years of this?
Bro, you have Eddie Murphy as your av. We know your username isn't in bad faith.

less

Oct 25, 2017

I imagine that quite a few people would rather have this than a Dem in power not to mention all those people that take glee in what Trump is doing or at least see nothing wrong with it.

Oct 26, 2017
And oh about Nikki Haley, as much as some people may consider her a "page tuner" for the GOP, no one thinks she could actually stop Trump from tweeting and being an erratic racist. For 56% of the public who already think Trump is seriously FUBERed, Haley won't do anything to change that equation because Trump has shown he won't listen to any subordinate for any length of time. Nikki Haley would just be a 25th amendment / Impeachment fail-safe when Trump starts to uncontrollably poo poo his pants.

But I agree, DEM primary voters would overreact if Trump did announce Nikki Haley as his new VP pick. Of course he would just switch back to Pence when he sees Haley getting better press than him.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haley might just do enough for suburban white women to flip the script, which is why if any of this is real it makes sense.

And yes it would probably result in a hard shift of the D base to back Biden.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Think this is the first time I have seen Warren take a somewhat firm stance on the role of private insurance in a Medicare-for-all framework ...

xq225p9.png

Considering the Bernie camp hammered Harris's health care plan as not being truly M4A, this could provide some fireworks.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia

I share a first name and last initial with the aforementioned poacher, and I take comfort in the words of Michael Bolton (not that one). "Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks."

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Think this is the first time I have seen Warren take a somewhat firm stance on the role of private insurance in a Medicare-for-all framework ...

xq225p9.png

Considering the Bernie camp hammered Harris's health care plan as not being truly M4A, this could provide some fireworks.
The answer Warren gave doesn't really line up with where they placed her. She basically sidestepped the question.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
The answer Warren gave doesn't really line up with where they placed her. She basically sidestepped the question.
I've been trying to find the questionnaire to see if the candidates could pick the category themselves but no dice. If not, that's probably why she was placed there.

Plus this site's been up for a few days and the Warren campaign doesn't seem to take issue with the placement.

Last edited:

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Trump forgave federal student loan debt for 25k permanently disabled veterns.

Good on him for that I guess

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I love the smell of flopsweat in the morning, noon, and evening.

Watching NC GOP rapidly go the way of VA GOP will be immensely satisfying. House on sand and all that.

The parallels with those two are huge (except NC is more decentralized compared to VA). Like to see GA become a "hyper VA" and SC become a "hyper NC".

She can't win a primary with how the GOP has devolved.

Eeeeeyup. And it aint cuz she's a Dignity Wraith who signed away all of her soul either.

This is really depressing.

I try to get Perlmutter's name smeared with this crime of his but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's all BUH MUH MAHVEL. Endless adolescence is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.