• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think my ideal Dem primary setup would be either 5 waves of 10 that rotates, or 5, 10, 10, 10, 15.

illiniguy05

Oct 25, 2017
fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-early-democratic-primary-states-looked-more-like-the-party

538 already did an analysis and determined that Illinois best represents the Dem electorate.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm imagining if Beto brought the fire like in that speech to a debate stage with Trump, and eviscerating him. I don't think he would hold back like he did with Cruz.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Michael Calderone @mlcalderone

Trump told reporters today that he's "the one calling the shots" on the general election debates, according to the WH pool report. That would be news to the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has overseen the process for decades.

Trump also "wouldn't directly answer if he won't debate in 2020," according to the pool report. Before 2016 gen election debates, Trump baselessly claimed the process was "rigged" against him and suggested he should be able to sign off on the moderators: https://bit.ly/2Lwq19A

5:39 PM - Aug 18, 2019

Alexi McCammond @alexi

"My worst polls have been coming from Fox. There's something going on with Fox, and I don't like it," President Trump says in NJ before heading back to DC. "Fox is making a big mistake because, you know, I'm the one who calls the shots" on the general election debates.

4:56 PM - Aug 18, 2019

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA

Trump told reporters today that he's "the one calling the shots" on the general election debates, according to the WH pool report. That would be news to the Commission on Presidential Debates, which has overseen the process for decades.

Trump also "wouldn't directly answer if he won't debate in 2020," according to the pool report. Before 2016 gen election debates, Trump baselessly claimed the process was "rigged" against him and suggested he should be able to sign off on the moderators: https://bit.ly/2Lwq19A

Alexi McCammond @alexi

"My worst polls have been coming from Fox. There's something going on with Fox, and I don't like it," President Trump says in NJ before heading back to DC. "Fox is making a big mistake because, you know, I'm the one who calls the shots" on the general election debates.

You can tell the lastest Fox polls have gotten under his skin. Get fucked cheeto breath! :D

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Lol... I can't be the only one to get this feeling going into the OT sometimes.

tenor.gif

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt Trump would turn down a chance to be on TV for several hours.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously doubt Trump would turn down a chance to be on TV for several hours.
I rarely say this, but Trump is playing the media on this one. He always plays the "will or won't I" about shit just to get attention, this just happens to be a topic the media is obsessed with as it drives news cycles for them. Yes, there is a legitimate chance he may skip one to do a rally, as we've seen it before. In a national election, though, it will be perceived as a sign of weakness, not strength.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Alexi McCammond @alexi

"You scared, boy? Cuz you sound scared."

Its better when you remember this is his legal strategy as well.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I rarely say this, but Trump is playing the media on this one. He always plays the "will or won't I" about shit just to get attention, this just happens to be a topic the media is obsessed with as it drives news cycles for them. Yes, there is a legitimate chance he may skip one to do a rally, as we've seen it before. In a national election, though, it will be perceived as a sign of weakness, not strength.
Yeah, he plays chicken with them all the time on this. He knows that at a base level not showing up is not good for him politically, especially in a general election.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Warren works to overcome hurdles with black voters in S.C.

The imagery in this piece from Jeff Bezos propoganda rag is lol.

"We have the wealthiest country in the history of the world, and yet we have more people in jail today — 2 million people — than any other country on Earth," Sanders said at a partitioned-off area at a luncheon hosted by Brookland Baptist Church in West Columbia.

Although black churchgoers ate nearby, Sanders delivered his remarks to a group of mostly white voters who came just to see him. Several Sanders supporters insisted they shouldn't have to pay for the luncheon since they had come only to hear the candidate.

The overall effect — a crowd of largely white outsiders descending on a weekly lunch for a black church — alienated several churchgoers.

"I was eating when he spoke," said Maxine Moses, an African American woman. Although she sat with her son just feet from Sanders, she didn't go listen to him. "I might have gone and listened to him if he had attended the Sunday service," she said.
The bolded is particularly lmao.

The Post clearly in the tank for centrist neoliberal shrill Forma.
Warren and her team appeared to be navigating the racial landscape more astutely than Sanders. Among the speakers warming up a crowd for her Saturday evening in Aiken, S.C., was Lessie Price, a local black leader and the first vice chair of the state's Democratic Party.
Warren adjusted her rhetoric when she stepped up to the pulpit at a sparsely attended service at Reid Chapel AME Church on the other side of Columbia on Sunday morning. Rather than her usual firebrand stemwinder, she talked about her hardscrabble biography, including an anecdote about how she once struggled to control an unruly fifth-grade Sunday school class.
Warren said she used the story of Noah and the ark to capture the imagination of the class. "I started asking the kids about duty, about what we owe to each other," Warren said. Eventually, she said, a student landed on the answer, saying, "We owe each other that everybody gets a turn," a comment that fits into her rationale for running for president.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017

Alexi McCammond @alexi

I'm assuming he'll just flat out not show up to the debates to be honest. He'll whine it's about how it will be rigged and unfair, when the obvious reason is that he'll probably be too afraid to actually debate anyone with his mental faculties clearly declining.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The NYT is trash.

And yet we spent an entire week full of the moderate left arguing why we shouldn't cancel our subscriptions.

BS.

Why should the public care about the NYT's legacy if they don't?

Time have changed.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I'm assuming he'll just flat out not show up to the debates to be honest. He'll whine it's about how it will be rigged and unfair, when the obvious reason is that he'll probably be too afraid to actually debate anyone with his mental faculties clearly declining.

I don't think Trump has the self awareness nor humbleness to admit to himself he is no longer sharp or articulate (at least relative to how he once was). If he skips out on the debates it will be because of paranoia and fear rather than believing himself not capable.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Literally no one really paid attention to the fair outside pols. I don't plan on voting for Biden, but I do think he currently has the best shot...but I think all of our candidates (the realistic ones) have a good shot.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
NTY is 100% trash

at least WaPo still has people like Weigel who are generally decent
NYT still does plenty of good journalism, so I don't know I'd take that track.

The problem isn't that there's not anything good going on there, it's that they're consistently deciding to lead with the bad - which is damning in today's media environment.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
NYT still does plenty of good journalism, so I don't know I'd take that track.

The problem isn't that there's not anything good going on there, it's that they're consistently deciding to lead with the bad - which is damning in today's media environment.

It's simple: demand the firing or resignations of the editorial staff.

It's not even a left/right thing, it's mixing in fluff and access journalism with the light pieces and intrepid journalism dulling the effects of the latter (light pieces dont dull the uptake of hard-hitting pieces given that an article on dog shows is seperate from the dysfunctional and crooked WH whereas spit shining the shoe shined head of Miller isn't).

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm not saying don't cancel your subscription, I'm saying to do it because they're consistently making garbage editorial decisions, not because all reporting coming from NYT is bad.
Frankly, it doesn't matter how good some of their journalism is. If they've gotten to the point where they're romanticizing Stephen Miller on the front page and giving his rhetoric a platform, they've mortgaged any and all value they bring to the table as a news resource. They could close up shop tomorrow and the world would be better off for it.

The people that actually value journalism won't vanish off the face of the Earth if the NYT shut down. They would go elsewhere to platforms that would embrace their message. They don't need the NYT brand. The NYT brand is poison.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, it doesn't matter how good some of their journalism is. If they've gotten to the point where they're romanticizing Stephen Miller on the front page and giving his rhetoric a platform, they've mortgaged any and all value they bring to the table as a news resource. They could close up shop tomorrow and the world would be better off for it.

The people that actually value journalism won't vanish off the face of the Earth if the NYT shut down. They would go elsewhere to platforms that would embrace their message. They don't need the NYT brand. The NYT brand is poison.
I... okay, sure.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
I actually read the Miller piece, as I was hoping to gain some insight into how he somehow has so much influence. It didn't really sugarcoat anything but it also didn't call him a racist that he is. Side note: it makes sense that he worked for Michele Bachmann and Jeff Sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.