• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Is this Grassley himself tweeting? Good lord
Grassley has always run his own account.

Also, I'm not really a fan of fretting whether two cumulative minutes of a debate that, while heavily watched, pales in comparison to a GE audience and concerned a policy that will probably be qualified or modified in the eventual candidate's platform indicates that we're blowing 2020... especially when the president is deeply unpopular, will not course correct, and is losing to everyone with halfway decent name recognition in polling. But I prefer to live on the sunny side of the street.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Edit:

She read that wrong. O'Rourke supporters gave Sanders, Harris, and Warren higher ratings than O'Rourke, with Biden getting the worst scores. Everyone gave Beto a ~3/5 except Beto supporters, with Warren supporters being the harshest. The evidence is right there:

Voters who support Warren before the debate gave Beto a 2.8.

I was joking, I don't think anybody's base is all that toxic beyond Twitter users and Bernie's employees

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
IMPEACHMENT WATCH 2019 -- July 3rd Gallup poll update (polling June 3rd-16th)

nAN6NTG.png

91f9Oap.png

Note that Trump is polling at 45% in favor of impeachment, Nixon topped out at 46% in Gallup polling (until literally a week before he resigned, when it went into the majority)

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I find this fascinating:

D-kbhWsX4AEcCVr.png:large

Observations:

Biden's group sees everyone else as roughly the same quality
Sander's group seems partial to Beto and the Booker for some reason
Harris' group loved everyone, but Sanders the least
Warren's liked Booker the least
Mayor Pete's followers seem to have an axe to grind with Sanders
Booker's group's second choice is Kamala (seems logical)
Beto's group hates everyone but him.

Now obviously this is rating debate performance, not candidate preference, but assuming bias influences the ratings, there's some interesting nuggets here, particularly in regards to Mayor Pete & Beto supporters.

I think you're reading this backwards. Candidate preference, and therefore their "group" is the column, not the row. Therefore, for example, those that preferred Warren liked Beto the least, not Booker.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I find this fascinating:

Observations:

Now obviously this is rating debate performance, not candidate preference, but assuming bias influences the ratings, there's some interesting nuggets here, particularly in regards to Mayor Pete & Beto supporters.

I think you are reading with the wrong orientation...?

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I find this fascinating:

Observations:

I think you are reading the graph wrong. To read what a candidates "supporters" thoughts of other candidates are you need to trace vertically not horizontally.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Warren leading in IA makes me nervous. Harris is a far better candidate nationally speaking.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
We know how it'll go. A weak turnout and tepid media coverage for his ego booster, he claims it was "record turnout, many people say it was the greatest July 4 in history, thank you!", blah blah.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
NPPP alert! New Pete Policy Proposal alert! National Service and "Climate Corps."

Status
Not open for further replies.