• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not start attacking each other? It's one thing to attack and criticize candidates running for presidency but ,as I extremely disliked in 2016, I dont believe in attacking and insulting each other.
Meh, not to relive 2016 again but HRC supporters and their logic around here(or the old place, I forget when the transition happened). Half the US Poli thread was just a daily 'look at what this idiot, Bernie Bros., said on reddit'. If HRC was ever criticized, they screeched about it hurting her electability. All Bernie Bros. were also misogynistic and racist. Also even though a lot greatly prefer Bernie's policies; you're an idiot if you support Bernie because HRC is the only only one that can beat Trump. In addition they were somehow certain he hit his peak when he was polling at 5%, then 10%, then 15%, then 20% then 25% and finally 30%.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I'm embarrassed by our president on a near daily basis.

I don't know how Warren performs against Trump but framing it as "maybe she can bounce back" is strange since I think her polling has never been better than it is now?
I should frame it as I only felt that embarrassed because I actually like her. So seeing her get dunked on like she did and there being practically no way to even defend it was rough. I don't feel anything really in regards to trump other than anger because he sucks.

She has been doing better but not nearly enough to make me confident in her going forward. But the issue hasn't really been pushed on her for a while. Which is why I hope others bring it up and talk about it again. Really she needs to be able to talk about it where it seems like she doesn't have any decent response sort of like Hillary went forever without any decent answer on the email situation.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I was gonna say...

Edit - I guess quoting a post that just has quotes doesn't quite work.

Anyways, regarding the Warren DNA thing, I think it was good it happened so early.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Can we not start attacking each other? It's one thing to attack and criticize candidates running for presidency but ,as I extremely disliked in 2016, I dont believe in attacking and insulting each other.
It's really not my intent to attack anyone here. I'm not sure how you could read it that way. I guess I should have quoted the post I was responding to that was about the Bernie campaign going after Warren over the DNA test stuff.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Bernie and Warren were, it seems, the only two democratic candidates signing off on the resolution criticizing Israel for annexation of the west bank

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say...

Edit - I guess quoting a post that just has quotes doesn't quite work.

Anyways, regarding the Warren DNA thing, I think it was good it happened so early.
It'll be back, the question is if the media props it up and gives it a second (or whatever we're on) life and tries to legitimize it as a controversy.

I'd say that's likely, and that's before considering Trump's numbers might be bad enough that they'll be in 'create horse race' mode.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I just think it would be easier if people didn't take attack's on people they like almost personally

I actually like Warren, and I'm rooting for her. But if someone's going to actually take a reasonable shot at her like,.. yeah, go ahead? If she's good enough to be the nominee she'll be able to handle it. Same goes for anyone else. Like call Biden creepy joe to his face for all I fucking care.

Like this is a contest to see who gets to be in control of everything. It's going to get ugly and there's no way around it. So there's no point in people getting angry or personal when candidates are saying stuff they think will help them win

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
It'll be back, the question is if the media props it up and gives it a second (or whatever we're on) life and tries to legitimize it as a controversy.

I'd say that's likely, and that's before considering Trump's numbers might be bad enough that they'll be in 'create horse race' mode.

The "horse race" is about having something to report on though, no?

I'm sure Trump would be giving them plenty of "sore loser" and "death throes" material daily to be reporting on.

Perhaps they'd just kick the man while he is down instead reporting wise rather than prop him up?

Of course, that scenario depends on Warren being the candidate and far enough ahead in the polling to make it seem like a forgone conclusion a year from now. Right now, neither of those seem likely, though they remain possible.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
blinkingguy.gif

I look forward to Huckasanders telling us we can't read and he actually meant "space as a whole" because we don't know how words work.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I.... "The moon is part of Mars" ..... is he thinking of them using the moon for refueling/staging?

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get over the media not just asking Trump basic science, civics and geography questions instead of whatever the fuck else they asked him on the campaign trail

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the "Moon is part of Mars, the President said so" Deplorable excuse

Also can't wait for the press to ask Cheeto and Sarah Sanders for an explanation

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
With all the other ignorant shit he says I am surprised he isn't one of those moon landing was hoax type of people. Considering the ridiculous nonsense conspiracy theories the extreme right spout, a moon landing hoax is almost tame.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just think it would be easier if people didn't take attack's on people they like almost personally

I actually like Warren, and I'm rooting for her. But if someone's going to actually take a reasonable shot at her like,.. yeah, go ahead? If she's good enough to be the nominee she'll be able to handle it. Same goes for anyone else. Like call Biden creepy joe to his face for all I fucking care.

Like this is a contest to see who gets to be in control of everything. It's going to get ugly and there's no way around it. So there's no point in people getting angry or personal when candidates are saying stuff they think will help them win

People act like Democratic nominees attacking each other is going to give Trump ammunition but the reality is that Trump is going to do what he does regardless of what any of the Democratic primary hopefuls do or say. Every nominee has something that can be criticized: it's not your opponent's job to go easy on you and it would be a disservice to the party's overall chances to do so.

The Warren DNA thing is a perfect example. I personally want to see the other candidates go after her for it so she gets better at speaking about it because she's had a tendency to put her foot in her mouth when pressed on the issue in the past. If Democratic candidates can get negative traction there, Trump can too.

I think that she's the best candidate so far but there's always room to improve.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
He meant going to the moon is part of going to Mars. Either that or during the science fair he glued his head to his shoulder..

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Holy fuck, I don't what part of all that is the saddest.

1. That the PotuS is spending his day watching fucking television (as usual)...
2. That PotuS is so easily manipulated and triggered, and is too fucking dumb to realize it....
3. That he says the complete opposite of what he just said, fuck yo couch...
4. That he thinks the Moon is a suburb on Mars.

days-without-being-a-national-embarrassment-14953885.png

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
It's really not my intent to attack anyone here. I'm not sure how you could read it that way. I guess I should have quoted the post I was responding to that was about the Bernie campaign going after Warren over the DNA test stuff.

The post I was responding to was criticizing what some Sanders supporter said on another internet forum. I am not in support of attacking other voters, especially ones that are likely to be Democratic voters. Whether through Reddit, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo news articles, etc. I can find idiotic comments made by any supporter. I felt the level of discourse on these boards devolved rapidly last primary cycle, due to users becoming more preoccupied with making fun of Sanders' supporters on a daily basis through random comments made on the internet. Especially when we already know that Russians were using various social media platforms impersonating American citizens and supporters of different candidates. By all means criticize the candidate, their policies, comments, tweets, speeches, etc. However, dont start attacking other voters and trying to generalize all supporters of certain candidates as thinking and acting the same way. That is my point.

Oct 25, 2017
The post I was responding to was criticizing what some Sanders supporter said on another internet forum. I am not in support of attacking other voters, especially ones that are likely to be Democratic voters. Whether through Reddit, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo news articles, etc. I can find idiotic comments made by any supporter. I felt the level of discourse on these boards devolved rapidly last primary cycle, due to users becoming more preoccupied with making fun of Sanders' supporters on a daily basis through random comments made on the internet. Especially when we already know that Russians were using various social media platforms impersonating American citizens and supporters of different candidates. By all means criticize the candidate, their policies, comments, tweets, speeches, etc. However, dont start attacking other voters and trying to generalize all supporters of certain candidates as thinking and acting the same way. That is my point.
Meh, not to relive 2016 again but HRC supporters and their logic around here(or the old place, I forget when the transition happened). Half the US Poli thread was just a daily 'look at what this idiot, Bernie Bros., said on reddit'. If HRC was ever criticized, they screeched about it hurting her electability. All Bernie Bros. were also misogynistic and racist. Also even though a lot greatly prefer Bernie's policies; you're an idiot if you support Bernie because HRC is the only only one that can beat Trump. In addition they were somehow certain he hit his peak when he was polling at 5%, then 10%, then 15%, then 20% then 25% and finally 30%.

Do you see how these two posts can seem at odds with one another? Don't attack people, and then you relitigate 2016 and attack half the US Political thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.