• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I posted his announcement in the discord months ago

you all already drooled all over him so stop it

Oct 27, 2017
Harris already a bit over-giddy and long-winded with the answers, but everything being put forth so far is sound. I wish she was a bit more pissed at McConnell because it's nothing to laugh off.

But they are all going to have proposals on reproductive rights, pay equity, and everything else - I hope people don't end up considering the people who talk light on policy "refreshing" when that primary month hits.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
nFLiRel.png

I am aware that NE-2 would be likelier to go blue than ME-2, but it looked cleaner

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Why would you superimpose such a grotesque image over such a handsome face? That's like blasphemy.

Unless we won enough House delegations to make the Democrat president.
Well yeah, that's my point lol. Flip one seat each in FL, MI and PA and win MT-AL and that would give us 26 states.

Tom Winter's first act as Congressman - save the country.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Milo being Peak Upset at simply being contacted by Dave Rubin gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in the belly. It's hard to get enough of right-eat-right entertainment.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
#EarlyStates

The favorability thing is interesting. Pete's more of a wild card now than Harris.

Oct 30, 2017
I really wish there was some way to hold Mitch accountable for withhold Garland. Dude denied a sitting president of his constitutional right. There should be something that can be done to him for that. Fines at the very least.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
So will Thomas (or alito) retire next year to own the libs?
At least with a younger person in place, there is hope for a mid-life epiphany of conscience. A replacement justice is going to vote as conservatively as Thomas or Alito, but it's possible they could turn into a Kennedy or Souter over time.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Yeah, talk about your golden opportunities.

If Bullock could hang on in 2016 I'm sure we can get a decent candidate, and the House race was pretty close last year too.

Plus the Democrats' best candidate for Congress is basically what Montana would look like if it was a single person:

709274118.jpg

Fun fact: assuming all else held even, Democrats would need to flip exactly one seat each in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida and Montana to hold a majority of Congressional delegations, and thus be able to rubber-stamp a Democrat for president in the case of an Electoral College tie. Of course, if we're doing that well we're probably just winning outright, but hey, never hurts to cover your bases.

OK, not to derail the swoonfest over Charming "Dash" Handsome here, but hear me out:

Winter for MT-AL

Bullock for MT-SEN

Cooney for MT-Gov (with Bullock's emphatic blessing)

I mean, the idea of the RNC going out of their way, even to save one House seat, one Senate seat, and 3 measly EVs given AZ, TX, NC, and GA are slipping away from them makes this an incredibly desirable situation (if I aint talking out of my ass).

Chris Hayes showed a bit of Amash's town hall and he's continuing to light up Trump and even attacked Kevin McCarthy as well. Got a pretty good standing ovation surprisingly.

I'll give him this, he's got balls for facing up to his very conservative constituents.

"WHAT MANNER OF SERVING REPUBLICAN CAN COME ON STAGE AND DISPLAY BOTH COURAGE AND INTEGRITY, LO IN THIS DAY AND AGE!!!!"

Like finding a goddamn dinosaur walking around.

(I know he doesn't stand a chance, but it's good to see somebody running for Senate.)

Still don't like the PR firm background but the guy's got charm and energy. /shrug

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Fuck Joe Biden.

The full thread notes that he made a video a month ago saying that he would respect women's personal space more (and this "woman" was 10yrs old) and that the campaign declined to comment lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He holds on for sooo long ugh

Edit: just saw it and didn't realize it was already posted

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I think that Biden (and older people generally in my experience) don't perceive girls as women, but rather as children. And so there's an inclination to ignore personal space, ignore how uncomfortable someone looks because "they're just a child", and ignore common sense. It's the same kind of thing that has parents or grandparents guilt-tripping girls (and boys) into giving hugs to relatives, even though they wouldn't dream of guilt-tripping them into giving a stranger a hug.

Which definitely doesn't excuse his behaviour, or make it any less creepy. But it's definitely a reason why I'm pretty sure a lot of older folks wouldn't think anything of that anecdote.

Edit: This is what I was thinking of whilst writing that: https://www.girlscouts.org/en/raising-girls/happy-and-healthy/happy/what-is-consent.html

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think that Biden (and older people generally in my experience) don't perceive girls as women, but rather as children. And so there's an inclination to ignore personal space, ignore how uncomfortable someone looks because "they're just a child", and ignore common sense. It's the same kind of thing that has parents or grandparents guilt-tripping girls (and boys) into giving hugs to relatives, even though they wouldn't dream of guilt-tripping them into giving a stranger a hug.

Which definitely doesn't excuse his behaviour, or make it any less creepy. But it's definitely a reason why I'm pretty sure a lot of older folks wouldn't think anything of that anecdote.
It's just like even if you did give him all the benefit of the doubt in the world he STILL can't just not fucking touch girls while being on video despite the backlash and his promise to do the opposite.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know daily wire person, why would a nice person block you?

I had no idea about this and it is great

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
It's just like even if you did give him all the benefit of the doubt in the world he STILL can't just not fucking touch girls while being on video despite the backlash and his promise to do the opposite.
Is it weird that I feel like he practiced smelling hair without looking like he was smelling hair.

"Now just relax and breath normally, don't go in for the big sniff. Attaboy Joe, nobody suspects a thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.