• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Because they aren't attacking him in good faith. It's like the Gina Ortiz thing. They attack Beto for not endorsing formally, but don't think about how she would have gotten destroyed without him on the ticket. Things will go much worse for her in 2020 I'm sure unless Beto is the nominee. Every day I see a new negative headline pop up about Beto. There's one writer from politico that does one negative Beto headline a week it seems like.

It feels like a lot of the media and especially Morning Joe are mad that Beto hasn't been "kissing the ring". He's been more focused on talking to voters than doing the media circuit and sucking up to them, so the media is taking digs at him whenever they can because there's no "relationship" yet. Well that's my theory at least. There are fair criticisms of Beto but a lot of the stuff I'm seeing lately just seems petty.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that we shouldn't be upset at folks for not wanting jobs they don't want. Sure it sucks electorally, but I don't believe in pigeon-holing people.

It's like getting upset at Michelle for not running for office.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I think that we shouldn't be upset at folks for not wanting jobs they don't want. Sure it sucks electorally, but I don't believe in pigeon-holing people.

I think the anger comes not from their refusing to run for Senate but for their refusing to run for Senate and being dumb enough to think they could be president.

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Especially when Senators themselves trash the place on the way out. Its not the job it once was where you had clout, bring the bacon back to your state etc.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

I'm really glad to see him pointing out the intersectional aspects of good climate change policy. I noticed it being addressed in his legislation as well (same with M4A).

EDIT:

He must be doing something right when people keep saying stupid shit like this. Maybe that's another reason he's losing support. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Just general pessimissm for the day.

Also, this man is the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee and he is telling a private citizen to ignore a subpenis.

So is Burr gonna fold like a dog in the face of these shameless attacks from Graham? I don't know but if I were Burr I'd be furious.

This is the same fucking dipshit that saved Brett Kavanaugh. He is doing the same with Jr.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Antagonising other member.

I'm really glad to see him pointing out the intersectional aspects of good climate change policy. I noticed it being addressed in his legislation as well (same with M4A).

How much do you get paid to run Bernie PR in this thread?
It's fascinating looking at your post history in this thread...

Edit:

You did, earlier in this thread, bring in some discussion on a 'Medicare For All' hearing in the house.
But since then, you swoop in, post about Bernie, then swoop away.

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Edit:

You did, earlier in this thread, bring in some discussion on a 'Medicare For All' hearing in the house.
He only started posting in here just around the time the primary thread died too.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Edit:

Sorry if I'm not glued to this thread 24/7. Normally I'd be posting in the primary thread but that was closed. Didn't know I needed to maintain a discussion in order to post in this thread, thanks for the memo.

EDIT:

And I've posted in poliera to have general conversation, you just have to look further back.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I think brainchild's posts about Bernie in here are fine (same for anyone who does similar stuff).

But, I do think the primary thread should come back. Although closing it certainly has brought more new posters here which is alright.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Although closing it certainly has brought more new posters here which is alright.
Depends on who you ask.

I would personally prefer that people here don't just jump in and out to post news about and defend a single candidate. I would prefer that people would join the overall discussion instead of just stanning. People like Bobo are ok with me since while he is the go-to for Beto news, he also joins in the discussion at hand, and hell, probably the majority of his posts don't have anything to do with Beto.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
New posters are welcome as long as they are not Metamorphapod level or the guy who posted from his PS3.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Beto saying this really fucked him up:
D6aEhd0UUAAlviz

The audacity.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Depends on who you ask.

I would personally prefer that people here don't just jump in and out to post news about and defend a single candidate. I would prefer that people would join the overall discussion instead of just stanning. People like Bobo are ok with me since while he is the go-to for Beto news, he also joins in the discussion at hand, and hell, probably the majority of his posts don't have anything to do with Beto.

Now this I'm going to have to push back on because the implication here is that I'm only posting on Era to talk about Bernie, which is ridiculous when you consider that I have thousands of posts that have nothing to do with Bernie. My posts about Bernie is a very recent change in focus (due to the primary) but that doesn't change the fact that my reputation on Era is based on my experience in computer science and game development and I've made numerous contributions to the community that are based on that experience. I don't appreciate the mischaracterization considering how active I've been here in general.

That being said, I understand your desire to have members of this community be more balanced in their contributions to this thread and I will do my best to accommodate that desire in the future, but I am not gonna have you painting me as a 'Bernie stan' on Era when I've done a lot more for this community than just posting about Bernie Sanders.

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Now this I'm going to have to push back on because the implication here is that I'm only posting on Era to talk about Bernie, which is ridiculous when you consider that I have thousands of posts that have nothing to do with Bernie. My posts about Bernie is a very recent change in focus (due to the primary) but that doesn't change the fact that my notoriety on Era is based on my experience in computer science and game development and I've made numerous contributions to the community that are based on that experience. I don't appreciate the mischaracterization considering how active I've been here in general.

That being said, I understand your desire to have members of this community be more balanced in their contributions to this thread and I will do my best to accommodate that desire in the future, but I am not gonna have you painting me as a 'Bernie stan' on Era when I've done a lot more for this community than just posting about Bernie Sanders.
I'm talking about this thread exclusively. You're a Bernie stan in this thread. You can't argue otherwise. I know very well that you post about other subjects elsewhere on the forums. I would personally appreciate you contributing more to this thread, but I'm not the boss of the thread, so do what you like.

Beto saying this really fucked him up:
D6aEhd0UUAAlviz

The audacity.
"I'm just born to be in it" sounds like something anti-Hillary people thought Hillary said.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I'm talking about this thread exclusively. You're a Bernie stan in this thread. You can't argue otherwise.

How am I'm stanning when I barely post in this thread? Because I post news related to Bernie Sanders due to the fact that the primary thread no longer exists and I don't feel like the posts warrant a new thread? Ok. Think whatever you want, but it's not like I'm defending every criticism made against him in this thread.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The thing with the primary thread is without notable talking points it devolved into Bernie vs non-Bernie fights. It's the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Daniel B (I think that's what it was) was an amazing character. Iirc he claimed to have retired from tech work at the age of 30 and gamed it out so he could live off of $5k a year he put in savings.

He posted on NeoGAF from his PS3, but the real story was cooking pizzas on it. He'd buy raw dough, cheese and tomato sauce and literally let it heat up while his PS3 was running.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Daniel B (I think that's what it was) was an amazing character. Iirc he claimed to have retired from tech work at the age of 30 and gamed it out so he could live off of $5k a year he put in savings.

He posted on NeoGAF from his PS3, but the real story was cooking pizzas on it. He'd buy raw dough, cheese and tomato sauce and literally let it heat up while his PS3 was running.
He also claimed he lived in some sort of cabin in the woods.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

When will he announce hes running?

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

EDIT:

He must be doing something right when people keep saying stupid shit like this. Maybe that's another reason he's losing support. Good riddance.

Climate change is going to affect a lot of the global south and minorities. It's something we need to deal with before things get worse

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Climate change is going to affect a lot of the global south and minorities. It's something we need to deal with before things get worse

And Bernie hasn't built what he needed politically to do exactly this when he was president. Instead all he has is the Justice Democrats, and they had nothing to do with him with how they were made or funded.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

oh man I remembered all of this except that detail 😂

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Here's a recent interview Bernie did with Al Sharpton.

Bernie's gonna go ballistic as soon as he feels threatened, guaranteed.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Nobody has built that, but the progressive wing is trying. Others are not trying to be as radical.

It's too late for "trying," trying is not going this save anybody. No, because "radical" dies in congress, precisely because of the lack of building Bernie did which should have been done decades ago when he was in office.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's too late for "trying," trying is not going this save anybody. No, because "radical" dies in congress, precisely because of the lack of building Bernie did which should have been done decades ago when he was in office.
No one is really doing anything either. We are completely fucked. Despite that, I'd rather go with the guy who is talking about it in interesectional terms than the others

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
No one is really doing anything either. We are completely fucked. Despite that, I'd rather go with the guy who is talking about it in interesectional terms than the others

Except that's all it is - talk. People are moving on climate change but due to how congress works and the lack of movement in general due to planning in making it a top priority for the Dems this is why we're stuck with. Can't have the latter without the former, and Bernie prefered staying obscure in Vermont than acting when we had time. I know the others are corporate and less inclined due to donors and whatnot but Bernie's supposed to be a true believer in all this and he did nothing.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Typical Bernie supporter.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Except that's all it is - talk. People are moving on climate change but due to how congress works and the lack of movement in general due to planning in making it a top priority for the Dems this is why we're stuck with. Can't have the latter without the former, and Bernie prefered staying obscure in Vermont than acting when we had time. I know the others are corporate and less inclined due to donors and whatnot but Bernie's supposed to be a true believer in all this and he did nothing.
So what do you want the Dems to do? How do you want them to tackle climate change?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because they conflated the statements with him running for the Presidency to conclude he meant he was born to be President. However, the statements clearly don't say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.