• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's dumb and superficial but I really think Beto pounding the pavement and pulling dumb stunts, skateboarding, running around, doing dumb local festival shit is all about showing just how old Bernie and Biden are. They can't do any of this stuff

Neither can Trump, for that matter. The young people are taking over politics, one election at a time.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris is going to be the VP is a male wins the nomination. She is the far and way obvious choice for all the white dudes

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
But who? Either choice weakens the senate unless you go with a safe seat. (Are Warren / Harris both safe?)
Baker could appoint a temporary GOP replacement for Warren, but a special election would occur within a few months.

Of course, if the legislature senses any danger of losing the seat, they'll probably use their veto-proof majorities to pass one of those same-party laws over Baker's veto. Remind him of his place.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Both Warren and Harris's seats are extremely safe, R-proof seats. But Warren's too old to be anyone's VP pick tbh.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kamala is the VP nominee when Beto gets the nom. I've been a proponent of Beto/Kamala from the beginning

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Did we ever get any word on how much money Beto brought in? I'd imagine quite a bit

Also lol at Franken's dumbass not taking himself out.. please let this shitty narrative die.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Leftists/liberals mad about the Franken thing confuse me.

I just wanted the senate investigation to finish first. Gillibrand came of like she wanted to take him out to prevent him from running for president. It's a bad look, especially after the news about her problems with sexual harassment in her office. I don't have to like what Gillibrand did, even if I think Franken should've resigned.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did we ever get any word on how much money Beto brought in so far? I'd imagine quite a bit

Also lol at Franken's dumbass not taking himself out.. please let this shitty narrative die.
Unfortunately the NZ massacre kind of messed up Beto's launch on Friday so he didn't announce numbers out of respect for the victims. I'd expect him to announce some numbers tomorrow or Tuesday. He hasn't sent out any more fundraising emails since Thursday

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Actually looking up policy on candidate websites, many like Kamala Harris and Pete Butti don't have policy sections yet.

To be fair, every interview with Pete B, 24 well considered policy positions drop out of his mouth, whereas Beto has no opinion on critical issues like Brexit or the best liniment for cramped calves.

Note that I still think Beto could win with the tabula rasa strategy.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Beto's statement kind of goes without saying. If a man win's the Dem primary, their running mate has to be a woman. That ticket presents the best chance of taking Trump out.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted the senate investigation to finish first. Gillibrand came of like she wanted to take him out to prevent him from running for president. It's a bad look, especially after the news about her problems with sexual harassment in her office. I don't have to like what Gillibrand did, even if I think Franken should've resigned.
We're still waiting to hear what exactly Gillibrand "did" to him.

He chose to resign because there were multiple accusers... and because the vast majority of the caucus wanted him gone. She was the first to call for his resignation, but she wasn't the last by a long shot.

This lingering resentment toward her, even if you're oh-so-enlightened and approved of his resignation, is unseemly, especially since she was right to demand the resignation of a serial molester.

I wish she'd handled shit better in her own office, but that doesn't in any way make her retroactively wrong about Franken.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
We're still waiting to hear what exactly Gillibrand "did" to him.

He chose to resign because there were multiple accusers... and because the vast majority of the caucus wanted him gone. She was the first to call for his resignation, but she wasn't the last by a long shot.

This lingering resentment toward her, even if you're oh-so-enlightened and approved of his resignation, is unseemly, especially since she was right to demand the resignation of a serial molester.

I wish she'd handled shit better in her own office, but that doesn't in any way make her retroactively wrong about Franken.

:)

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, every interview with Pete B, 24 well considered policy positions drop out of his mouth, whereas Beto has no opinion on critical issues like Brexit or the best liniment for cramped calves.

Note that I still think Beto could win with the tabula rasa strategy.

I think he will lay out his thoughts on every critical issue in more detail on March 30th for his official launch. I'm not that concerned about it at this point because I assume he will still have the same positions as his Senate run on most things that matter. Also things will get much more fleshed out during debates

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Unfortunately the NZ massacre kind of messed up Beto's launch on Friday so he didn't announce numbers out of respect for the victims. I'd expect him to announce some numbers tomorrow or Tuesday. He hasn't sent out any more fundraising emails since Thursday
Ah thanks. Will be interesting to see numbers but that's a pretty classy act

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I think Duckworth would be the best VP pick

Midwest, veteran, quality attack dog, not really prone to awkward or dumb statements

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love someone like Samantha Power to be the VP pick, especially for dudes who don't have a lot of/any foreign policy experience (Beto, Mayor Pete et al.)

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
You're gonna get Bernie/Nina Turner and you're gonna like it.

Donuts are getting banned on a federal level.

ABC123

Mar 1, 2019
I'd love someone like Samantha Power to be the VP pick, especially for dudes who don't have a lot of/any foreign policy experience (Beto, Mayor Pete et al.)

I just looked Samantha Power up and it looks like she's ineligible unfortunately. She's Irish originally and didn't become a US citizen until she was 23.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I just looked Samantha Power up and it looks like she's ineligible unfortunately. She's Irish originally and didn't become a US citizen until 23.
Shoot, that's too bad, she's awesome. And Susan Rice will probably (and hopefully) run for the Senate.

I'm sure there are binders full of other, less high-profile women with serious fopo chops the Dem candidate could pick from, though.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
People mad about Gillibrand "taking out" Franken act like Franken wasn't replaced by a female Senator who votes the exact same way he did, serves on the exact same committees he did, won by a wider margin than he did, and has the noticeable improvement of not groping people in public.

In fact, he was. All of those things.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
On the other hand if Beto is making the GOP send out tweets stereotyping the Irish as drunks on St Patrick's Day, maybe he doesn't need policy positions at all to win.

They seem to be, uh, scared of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.