• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
He's 70. In 7 years he may well be dead.

I'm not impressed by the sentences but at his age lol I wouldn't be happy

77 is not exactly a death sentence, no reason anyone going in at 70 couldn't live to see the end of that sentence. But Manafort's health seems to have gone to shit in just a year, so who knows.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@NatashaBertrand
Wow. Downing is saying that Judge ABJ found that there was no evidence of Russia collusion. Protesters shout out "LIAR" and "THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID." (They're right, it's not what she said. She said this case had not addressed the collusion question.)

12:47 - 13 Mar 2019

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I think most people would gladly do that amount of time in jail if they were going to get as much money as Manafort stole.

Heck, there are fake CEOs that get paid to do jail time when a big corporation is found guilty of malfeasance.
Yeah, the sentencing for most white collar crimes isn't really a deterrent.

At least NYS is on the ball.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he will think about cooperating more now that he got hit with state charges.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone a) have a sense of how many total years in state charges Manafort is facing, or b) whether he might be sent to Sing Sing, Riker's Island, or ATTTIIICCAAAA?

Edit: 25!

Oct 29, 2017
It will be a great day when all of these shitheads stop lying and falling on grenades for liars and traitors like Manafort and Trump, but you know what? They're all probably implicated in some way by now.

I hope justice is seen in America over the course of the next few years, and that those guilty spend the rest of their lives in prison.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
The political pendulum is going to swing back to the left once the boomers have mostly passed. These judges are the right's main plan for holding back progress during that era.

So like, are the courts basically going to end up being the real senate, house, and president even in a DDD supermajority government, from my understanding?

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
So like, are the courts basically going to end up being the real senate, house, and president even in a DDD supermajority government, from my understanding?

With a DDD supermajority we'd have the power to completely remake the lower court system and expand the Supreme court if stuff was getting blocked left and right by crazy Trump judges.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man were the federal judges trying to deliberately sentence him to like the average male life expectancy? Lame.

Glad NYS coming in.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
They will still be limited to interpretation of the law in the cases brought before them but I think it will be similar to the supreme court during FDR's early presidency where they did everything they could to rule his reforms unconstitutional.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
With a DDD supermajority we'd have the power to completely remake the lower court system and expand the Supreme court if stuff was getting blocked left and right by crazy Trump judges.
FDR attempted to pack the supreme court and failed despite having an immense amount of political capital. He eventually won his own majority on the court through attrition and being elected four times. We will likely have to have 16 years of democratic controlled presidency and senate to recreate that.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@CNNPolitics
Exclusive: A lawyer told Michael Cohen he could "sleep well tonight" after speaking to Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, according to emails obtained by CNN https://cnn.it/2EXeF9R

13:30 - 13 Mar 2019
@mkraju
An attorney speaking to Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani reassured Michael Cohen in an April 2018 email that Cohen could "sleep well tonight" because he had "friends in high places," according to a copy of an email obtained by @GloriaBorger @jeremyherb https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/politics/michael-cohen-email-costello/index.html

13:30 - 13 Mar 2019

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks again 2016 voters!
The political pendulum is going to swing back to the left once the boomers have mostly passed. These judges are the right's main plan for holding back progress during that era.

At a dinner with my dad this weekend, and even he is excited to see his own generation die off. He has hated how terrible the boomers have been to this country and the right of fairness, law, etc. He's long bashed his age group as being full of shit and hopeful the kids are wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.