• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The internet doesn't have state lines, and if you talk your shit about the candidate here or on your Twitter or your Facebook or whatever (instead of doing everything you can to get Donald Trump out of office), then you influence others whose votes may matter more.

If you don't do those things, then you do you, I guess. I couldn't sit the election out in good conscience, but maybe I have more to lose.

I feel like this is an elaborate prank.

My horny puns depend on Booty-GUYguh.
All the puns depend on "butt" or "booty". Nobody is going to miss who you're talking about.

I like Preet's mnemonic device to remember it.

Boo-Da-Judge.
Who da judge? Boo da judge.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know the minutia of this stuff, but court nominee nuke sounds baaaaaaad.

What's annoying is that court appointments, especially SCOTUS, are a much bigger deal than legislation because of the term lengths. And nuking legislation filibuster is seen as the most extreme option only because it's the last one yet to happen.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Back in the US, heading from Hollywood to Disneyland with my ex girlfriend and her two kids (long story), and establish the driver is an Iranian immigrant of 30 years. He was reluctant to say Iran initially, I assumed because he'd dealt with prejudice in the past. So I thought the conversation would go in a particular direction.

I was wrong. Within a few minutes, he was telling me "the media is biased against Trump", "Democrats feed talking point lies to the media", "Hispanics are bringing strangers children and drugs into the country", "illegal immigrants are getting lots of money from the government at the cost of taxpayers", "Nancy Pelosi was talking about impeaching Trump today", and "Hispanics bringing in drugs are then taking drugs to Australia" (he conflated Australia and NZ where I am from the whole time). He has an issue with Chinese immigrants too but I missed what that was exactly.

I had an urge to start rebutting some of these claims, but opted to ride the remaining 50 minutes or so in relative silence.

Great to be back Stateside.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The internet doesn't have state lines, and if you talk your shit about the candidate here or on your Twitter or your Facebook or whatever (instead of doing everything you can to get Donald Trump out of office), then you influence others whose votes may matter more.

If you don't do those things, then you do you, I guess. I couldn't sit the election out in good conscience, but maybe I have more to lose.

All the puns depend on "butt" or "booty". Nobody is going to miss who you're talking about.

Who da judge? Boo da judge.
Better than Booty-Judge I guess. Or is it...

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I see they're scrambling today for things.

Speaking of Texas, Democrats may have landed a solid recruit in TX-24, where Kim Olson said she is considering the race. She ran for Agricultural Commissioner in 2018 and only lost 51-46. Kenny Merchant, the Republican in TX-24, only won 51-48, so he is definitely vulnerable.

Likewise, Democrats also in talks with a promising recruit for Ohio's 1st Congressional district, Nikki Foster. If people are thinking Trump is a loser in 2020, I could see the recruitment process going very similarly to 2018, where Democrats did amazingly well and Republicans could barely get anyone.

Btw, crazy pants theory - what if Biden and Beto announce a joint ticket from the outset? Double the hustle.

Good. We need to pad out that lead past 30 at least and boost up some Senate candidates with a good downballot.

Now I'm even more confused.

That makes two of us.

"It's Hyacinth 'Boo-Kaaay!'"

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
That makes two of us.

"It's Hyacinth 'Boo-Kaaay!'"
ksAQr72.jpg

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, he's President Bootyjuice.

Republicans can call Obama Obummer, Democrats call Trump shitface, and Pete will be Bootyjuicy.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Also, Pete should definitely go back to his army haircut that I just saw because he looks handsome AF with it.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

New York State and its Governor, Andrew Cuomo, are now proud members of the group of PRESIDENTIAL HARASSERS. No wonder people are fleeing the State in record numbers. The Witch Hunt continues!

6:17 PM - Mar 12, 2019

Upset about this:

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

NEW: The New York A.G.'s office has issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank for records relating to the financing of four major Trump Organization projects and a failed effort to buy the Buffalo Bills, a person briefed tells NYT.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/nyregion/deutsche-bank-trump.html …

10:53 PM - Mar 11, 2019

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

New York State and its Governor, Andrew Cuomo, are now proud members of the group of PRESIDENTIAL HARASSERS. No wonder people are fleeing the State in record numbers. The Witch Hunt continues!

6:17 PM - Mar 12, 2019

Upset about this:

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

NEW: The New York A.G.'s office has issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Investors Bank for records relating to the financing of four major Trump Organization projects and a failed effort to buy the Buffalo Bills, a person briefed tells NYT.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/nyregion/deutsche-bank-trump.html …

10:53 PM - Mar 11, 2019

NY State gonna get the fucker when he's out of office at least.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Did she say something new or is it all from the stuff posted earlier

If it's the original stuff, it's yikes, but I don't think it was in bad faith. Willing to give her a tad more benefit of the doubt than I normally would since she was at the Kav hearing. If she learned her lesson and doesn't/didn't do it again, then I won't personally cancel her. If this isn't a one time thing or she doubled down though...

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I think she was already canceled.

The funny thing about that whole thing is that it started because the person responding to her didn't understand the grammar of her sentence and she decided to take it to the weirdest level.
That's not really my take, I had a look at the guy's Twitter and it's basically build the wall shit.

Her original tweet was a well intentioned inclusive statement about women's day.

I think the guy was pushing back on this in an incoherent fashion.

And she then responded with her poorly worded response.

The response to the backlash is probably the worse thing. But I also think any strong backlash was probably unwarranted to begin with.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really my take, I had a look at the guy's Twitter and it's basically build the wall shit.

Her original tweet was a well intentioned inclusive statement about women's day.

I think the guy was pushing back on this in an incoherent fashion.

And she then responded with her poorly worded response.

The response to the backlash is probably the worse thing. But I also think any strong backlash was probably unwarranted to begin with.

Yeah, the guy was clearly trying to push her buttons. But instead of just saying, "I meant my fellow women who happen to be trans," or best of all, ignoring the rando, she went where she went.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buttigieg is better than Glezman, honestly. The latter sounds like a sleazy used car salesman and we already have one of those in the White House.

He's focusing on "PETE," which should be enough.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: "Buttigieg" will age well and we'll look back at this conversation and think we were silly

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Ronna McDaniel @GOPChairwoman

The latest SDNY fishing expedition is another example of blue-state liberal prosecutors carrying out their vendetta against @realDonaldTrump.

Let's be clear: These are investigations in search of a crime – and their harassment has gone on for far too long.

5:59 PM - Mar 12, 2019

Preet Bharara @PreetBharara

This person @GOPChairwoman never seems to know what she's talking about, does she? Like, for example, that SDNY is not NYAG. At least she's not weighing in on the complexity of airplanes.

7:09 PM - Mar 12, 2019

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Ad campaign: "People keep asking me how to pronounce my last name. Here's how: PREZ-UH-DENT. Simple!"

PRESIDENT PETE PRESIDENT 2020

2024 reelection: RE-PETE 2024
2028 reelection: THREE-PETE 2028

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
My issue is more the name Pete. Pete always makes me think of Oh Brother Where Art Thou:

Loved him up and turned him into a horny toad.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's thread worthy, but Chris Evans (Cap) alongside with Mark Kassen and Joe Kiani is developing a political site, so far called "A Starting Point".

"ASP will be a simple, relatable and credible place where people can begin to explore the information behind important issues of our time without the 'middle man'."
"aim to demystify politics by providing answers to common questions directly from the people who know the information best. Our goal is to create informed, responsible and empathetic citizens who are empowered to further their understanding in the world of politics."
No launch date given as of yet.

More here: https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/113826913.html

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the guy was clearly trying to push her buttons. But instead of just saying, "I meant my fellow women who happen to be trans," or best of all, ignoring the rando, she went where she went.
Yeh, I mean ultimately I think she was trying to say "I'm a woman and they're women." She should learn to word things better.

So I'm not cancelling her yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.