• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Metal ridges at the joints look like they'd fuck you up if you hit them wrong / fell off your sack sled lol. Super safe looking.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
What with the NRA Russian woman and this Massage Parlor Madame, someone should just make a spy movie focusing on how you have to be fake as shit while navigating "The Office" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" or "Arrested Development" type of shenanigans to stay close to your marks gathering intel. Make it a comedy where the spy is just constantly inwardly cringing at the shit they have to subject themselves to on their miserable assignment.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adam Schiff needs to bring the massage parlor woman in front of house intel.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hot take

If the Democratic nominee is someone boring and inoffensive (and more to the point a white man, so Biden or Beto)

And the Republican nominee for the Senate seat in Alabama is Roy Moore

I think Jones would hang on

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take

If the Democratic nominee is someone boring and inoffensive (and more to the point a white man, so Biden or Beto)

And the Republican nominee for the Senate seat in Alabama is Roy Moore

I think Jones would hang on
tenor.gif

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
This is dementia shit.

He doesn't even realize he fucked up at first. Then he's called out on it by the media and just has to pretend that's what he meant because he doesn't want to admit he has dementia.

Hmmm normal people misspeak all the time, and sometimes realize it and sometimes don't. Not necessarily a sign of dementia.

Usually when Trump catches himself misspeaking in the moment, he doubles down like "misspoken thing... AND also correct thing", as if both are correct and he meant to say both.

That's just ego.

The "cover up" here is obviously ego too. Never admit you made a mistake. Ever.

Stuff like this wouldn't even be a big deal normally, because it is... normal. But he can't help but make things like this a big deal. Though to be fair, Republicans pounced on every misspoken thing (or ambiguous thing) by Obama as a sign of stupidity (e.g. number of States thing) or that it was evidence of his inner evil or some conspiracy.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm normal people misspeak all the time, and sometimes realize it and sometimes don't. Not necessarily a sign of dementia.

Usually when Trump catches himself misspeaking in the moment, he doubles down like "misspoken thing... AND also correct thing", as if both are correct and he meant to say both.

That's just ego.

The "cover up" here is obviously ego too. Never admit you made a mistake. Ever.

Stuff like this wouldn't even be a big deal normally, because it is... normal. But he can't help but make things like this a big deal. Though to be fair, Republicans pounced on every misspoken thing (or ambiguous thing) by Obama as a sign of stupidity (e.g. number of States thing) or that it was evidence of his inner evil or some conspiracy.
There are so many other signs of possible dementia in his speaking and mannerisms that can't be ignored.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Yashar Ali @yashar

2. @DanaBashCNN: "Do you believe Assad is a war criminal?"

Gabbard says an investigation should be conducted into war crimes and if there is evidence he should be held accountable.

Dana asks her do you not think Assad is a war criminal?

Gabbard reiterated her answer.

8:11 PM - Mar 10, 2019

Yashar Ali @yashar

3. Really tough to get an answer out of Gabbard on certain issues. @DanaBashCNN asked if she believed Rep. Omar's comments were anti-semitic. Gabbard refused to give a definitive answer but after pressing said she didn't believe Omar intended any harm when she made the remarks

4. Gabbard says she supports Medicare For All but she doesn't believe private insurance companies should be eliminated

8:17 PM - Mar 10, 2019

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Yashar Ali @yashar

Gabbard says an investigation should be conducted into war crimes and if there is evidence he should be held accountable.

Yashar Ali @yashar

3. Really tough to get an answer out of Gabbard on certain issues. @DanaBashCNN asked if she believed Rep. Omar's comments were anti-semitic. Gabbard refused to give a definitive answer but after pressing said she didn't believe Omar intended any harm when she made the remarks

4. Gabbard says she supports Medicare For All but she doesn't believe private insurance companies should be eliminated

Sounds about right.

Oct 25, 2017

Yashar Ali @yashar

Yashar Ali @yashar

Maybe a simple question for these high court televised spectacles:

"In 2015, you stated that your personal views on gay marriage and abortion haven't changed, merely your view the government shouldn't enforce its vision of morality. Considering your previous views of gay marriage, homosexuality, and abortion would you put you well outside the Democratic party and much of mainstream America, would you say that three years later your personal views have changed, or no?"

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: somehow I missed some posts on this already, oops

Me: why are people talking about tucker defending child rape?

Also me: yikes!

CARLSON: Look, just to make it absolutely clear. I am not defending underage marriage at all. I just don't think it's the same thing exactly as pulling a child from a bus stop and sexually assaulting that child.

CO-HOST: Yeah, it's -- you know what it is? It's much more planned out and plotted.

THE LOVE SPONGE: Yeah, it should be almost -- you almost should put a premeditation --

CARLSON: Wait, wait! Hold on a second. The rapist, in this case, has made a lifelong commitment to live and take care of the person, so it is a little different. I mean, let's me honest about it.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
^ Costa agrees:

Robert Costa @costareports

This Buttigieg town hall is worth watching. Polished and thoughtful presentation with clear answers. Underscores military exp. Of course, it's a big field and he's a young Midwestern mayor. But he's using his time on stage effectively here. This is a focused candidate.

9:52 PM - Mar 10, 2019

less

Oct 25, 2017
Buttigieg sadly has little chance of securing the nomination. He is a damn sight better than someone like Biden.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
He is definitely the best in an interview format like this. I hope he can kill it in the debates too. Even if he has no chance at the top slots, it will hopefully raise his profile enough for a cabinet position or other higher office.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was on the Buttigieg train early, I'm glad he's making such a strong first impression. That said, I don't see the jump from Mayor to President going well even with the blatant hypocrisy of Trump having no experience at all. He'd be a good VP pick for a female candidate and a shoe-in for a cabinet position (I see people floating HUD a lot), and then can use that to build recognition for a future run. Dude's still super young and has time.

Having said that, however... he's got some potential as a dark horse candidate. He's got my vote whenever he runs.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
As someone who was on the Buttigieg train early, I'm glad he's making such a strong first impression. That said, I don't see the jump from Mayor to President going well even with the blatant hypocrisy of Trump having no experience at all. He'd be a good VP pick for a female candidate and a shoe-in for a cabinet position (I see people floating HUD a lot), and then can use that to build recognition for a future run. Dude's still super young and has time.

Having said that, however... he's got some potential as a dark horse candidate. He's got my vote whenever he runs.
I hate selling him so short so early, but getting a cabinet position out of this would still be a massive win in terms of career trajectory for the guy. So hey, I'll root for him on that if nothing else.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Mayor Pete/Pence VP debates are gonna be lit:

Question was would Pence be a better President than Dump

Yeah. Debates should be pretty awesome.

Would dominating in the debates be where Buttigieg can forge his path to victory? I would imagine that is where he could attract the most attention and begin working his way to seizing the mind-share from others. However unlikely it may be I don't think he has any other path to being a major player going forward barring stuff out of the right field.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is still good, because it's a kind of awful on tape that can get him kicked off air.

I bet you $1000 he doesn't get kicked off the air. Fox news watchers would actually be more mad if he got kicked off than not. They like when people aren't PC.

Trump has said far worse and they like him for it. Why would they fire Tucker?

Only way he gets fired is if advertisers pull their ads off his timeslot.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mayor Pete is just as left as Bernie while also being young and not a straight white dude AND not tone deaf on minority issues.

I honestly don't get why any one who is leaning Bernie would pick Bernie over Mayor Pete. He has all of Bernie's strong left policy goals while none of Bernie's issues of age and minority struggles.

Deleted member 3082

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate selling him so short so early, but getting a cabinet position out of this would still be a massive win in terms of career trajectory for the guy. So hey, I'll root for him on that if nothing else.

Same here. I'm excited by the prospect of him running but I also know there's a big walk / run issue here. Glad he's popular in these parts and I hope he's not spending a lot of money now but is instead using this as a chance to boost his name and start building a war chest for 2024 or '28.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
watching those clips of mayor pete, this guy seems pretty cool. alot of what he said is on point, and he seemingly has a clarity of speach not unlike obama. i hope he makes it to the debate stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.