• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think the plan (even if moronic) is that Trump gets enough funding to start a significant portion of his wall. Then everybody looks like the bad guy when he starts building and doesn't get the rest of the 50 B or whatever he needs to actually finish. Then it's not his problem anymore, he built the wall, but they stopped him from completing it.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the 8 billion includes the 1.375 in bill that is reserved for existing barrier types? He's literally stealing money from the bill that was passed today.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Can't wait to see the prop wall Trump's goons build collapse into dust after he flees the country with his newfound riches.

3196jNC.gif

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well this makes me feel a little better. However, fuck ABC for publishing that, because now it's out there and every right wing idiot will say it's true going forward.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the 8 billion includes the 1.375 in bill that is reserved for existing barrier types? He's literally stealing money from the bill that was passed today.

The 1.3 isn't just for barrier repair/maintenance, it's also for funding general border security and improving tech at the ports of entry. It's complete nonsense to claim all of that is going to "the wall" and a transparent attempt to pretend he got a win. Just like when he acted as though the 23 billion that's actually the operating budget for the DHS/ICE in 2019 was all wall money.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
No tie can work fine, except you need properly fitted suits....this entire family has seemingly never been to a tailor.

These bozos have clearly gained a few pounds since they probably bought those suits.

Jr. does CrossFit, that's about all you need to know about him.

apologies to anyone in here that does CrossFit

but still, CrossFit is terrible

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
No tie can work fine, except you need properly fitted suits....this entire family has seemingly never been to a tailor.

These bozos have clearly gained a few pounds since they probably bought those suits.
The fit on Eric's suit is atrocious. Jr's is less so, but apparently no one taught him that don't put stuff other than very small items in the front pockets of suit pants.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see the explanation for taking money away from drug prevention programs to pay for a wall ostensibly to stop drugs.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So trump is going to take away funds from the program which funds drug trade prevention so he can build a wall which he thinks can stop drugs from coming in but doesn't as they come from normal port of entries ?
So he is in fact funding the wall with the money which would stop drugs coming in from port of entries which will now INCREASE because of the wall construction

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I love how we're already back to pretending that 43% approval rating is 'good'.

It's 'good' for Trump if you grade him on a curve. It's still terrible for a President in the real world where numbers like that won't get him close to winning reelection.

Jan 15, 2019
So trump is going to take away funds from the program which funds drug trade prevention so he can build a wall which he thinks can stop drugs from coming in but doesn't as they come from normal port of entries ?
So he is in fact funding the wall with the money which would stop drugs coming in from port of entries which will now INCREASE because of the wall construction
If you stop thinking about it in terms of a good faith effort to fix a problem, which it isn't, and start thinking of it as the one thing Trump knows he needs to deliver on if he wants to keep the GOP from abandoning him, which it is, it makes perfect sense.

Nov 20, 2017
btw we've talked about how AOC's policy 'chief' is a complete embarrassment, right?

Also, he's conveniently deleted this tweet about how nonessential ops like... oh, hip replacements shouldn't be covered by UHC. I don't want to link to right wing sites, so a screenshot will suffice:

DzTL5joU8AEtKbR.jpg

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Is Susan Collins the most hated politicians apart from
Trump?

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins

Every single tweet is ratio'd to hell and back . Every response is about her flip flop and "disturbed". I've never seen a politician this ratio'd who is not even that much in public eye for months .

I think she is definitelyGONE in 2020. Even any other republican can beat her

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is Susan Collins the most hated politicians apart from
Trump?

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins

Every single tweet is ratio'd to hell and back . Every response is about her flip flop and "disturbed". I've never seen a politician this ratio'd who is not even that much in public eye for months .

I think she is definitelyGONE in 2020. Even any other republican can beat her

I mean are the people ratio-ing her Maine voters? Those are the only ones that matter. Same with Texas - lots of people around the country hate Cruz but at the end of the day the only people who matter are registered Texan voters.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I love how we're already back to pretending that 43% approval rating is 'good'.

It's 'good' for Trump if you grade him on a curve. It's still terrible for a President in the real world where numbers like that won't get him close to winning reelection.
Hell, his approval rating in the 2018 exit polls was like 44%. The Republicans didn't do much better!

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
All the people saying warren VP, whats achieved by taking her out of the senate and putting her in that role. Just get someone useless like joe biden again.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
No argument from me that Warren knows what she's doing in the policy arena, but the unforced errors surrounding the native american thing that just KEEP coming up that Warren has no response for do not give me any faith at all that she has any clue what she's doing in a major campaign.
What keeps coming up? She was just warmly received at a Native American conference.

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/13/el...e-visit-to-native-american-conference-report/

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
btw we've talked about how AOC's policy 'chief' is a complete embarrassment, right?

Also, he's conveniently deleted this tweet about how nonessential ops like... oh, hip replacements shouldn't be covered by UHC. I don't want to link to right wing sites, so a screenshot will suffice:

DzTL5joU8AEtKbR.jpg

If you got it off a right wing site and you only have a screenshot and no other sources you should probably assume it's fake

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

I've seen the tweet myself while it was ratio'd to hell. Predictably, it's been deleted. Should've taken a screenshot of it myself, I'll see if I can find a cache link.

Edit: Cache link

IJl5Ogk.png

Fucking lmao at 'I do policy, not orthopedics'

Okay, that is good proof, although on the other hand if he withdrew it and explained he was wrong that does seem like a good reason to delete the tweet.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone really surprised that a guy whose primary focus was formerly pot legalization might have turned out to be really awful?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Random thought - can't Congress pass a Carbon tax/trading scheme through budget reconciliation since it's ultimately a tax and you can push that in reconciliation?

Iloelemen

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DzTL5joU8AEtKbR.jpg

Tbh, her team has done things sloppily.

wait, centrism fan acct?
boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

The account seems to have a hate-boner for certain types, though at leat it's not one of those accounts that perpetually hate AOC for no seeming reason other than being connected to Bernie.

I guess the account is pressed for AOC's policy guy bringing up careerists?

(Team AOC is still sloppy though)

Last edited:

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

DzTL5joU8AEtKbR.jpg

Can you tell me their name, so I can look them up?

How out of touch with politics does someone have to be to not go in expecting careerists to do those jobs? It seem like they didn't know what they are doing signing up for a job a Washington. lol

I swear, it'll be the Justice Dems being her biggest weakness if this shit continues. AOC deserves better staffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.