• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The media was right.
Of course they were. For him to overcome that margin he would have needed to win CA by such a lopsided margin he would have won ALL the delegates (note that the 546 count there includes the dreaded superdelegates, which as we all know are good when they go for St. Bernard.

Of course anytime I pointed this out to my BernieBro buddies who shared shit like this unironically it was yet more evidence of my being a centrist shill.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left

This makes too much sense

DnJKDxl.gif

hUj3LUK.jpg

Checks out. Mike Pence loves animals.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hard to try to game out anything as far as "X is a lock for state Y" until we know who's running, the polling, and who's left standing by the time people actually vote and after the early states, etc..

This race is going to change a lot before it stabilizes. We're barely under a year out from Iowa 2020.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Once you get a lead of 60ish or so delegates, it's real hard to come back from that. Bernie can win the rust belt as much as he wants (he won't sweep it at all btw). He still has no coalition to win. Not only is he underwater in Cali, he's underwater among white people by a lot and liberals too. There's just no path.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The interesting thing about Cali being early is it really, really pushes all the other Dems who aren't Kamala into a corner. It's worth so much, you need to minimize your loss there. But, it's also huge, a large money sink and you're basically playing for second place. That does nothing to help you in the mind share. Kamala has the infrastructure in place to turn out her voters without lifting a finger. She can spend 90% of her time in other super tuesday states. The other candidates cannot afford to ignore it. It's one of the reasons I think the nomination is hers to lose.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@mkraju
We tried to ask Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican, whether he voted to release the transcripts. "You guys are an embarrassment to yourselves," he snorted as he walked onto an elevator.
Manu Raju

@mkraju

The House Intelligence Committee voted to send the special counsel l interview transcripts of witnesses who testified in Russia probe, per multiple Republicans
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1093180390959927296
11:11 AM - Feb 6, 2019

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Meh, it's simple entertainment. He hates Mondays which is absurd because he's a cat and has no responsibilities. He also likes to eat lasagna which is extremely relatable.

Sometimes you don't need it to be any deeper than that.
I dunno, my cat has several responsibilities. Waking us up at 7am. Scratching furniture. Looking cute and fuzzy.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

jon arbuckle drank dog semen, i don't know why this is so hard for some people to process

"On the farm, we used to give first-calf heifers a high protein supplement to help them deliver healthier calves. The supplement was provided by our vet... I assumed that there would be a similar supplement for dogs. So Jon is drinking a protein-enriched drink formulated for a pregnant dog. "

EDIT: Beaten like Garfield beats Odie.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, it's simple entertainment. He hates Mondays which is absurd because he's a cat and has no responsibilities. He also likes to eat lasagna which is extremely relatable.

Sometimes you don't need it to be any deeper than that.

As the username and avatar imply, I'm a comic strip afficiando. Garfield is just garbage compared to good strips.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
When talking about "winning California" folks should keep in mind that most primaries aren't winner-take-all. It's about margins, unlike the Electoral College. That's why Bernie had no hope-- even if he "won" California, it wouldn't be like he'd be taking all the delagates.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Holy shit what's wrong with VA Dems? The governor, the first in line and the second in line men all appear to be compromised.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Are there any Virginia Dems who don't sexually assault people or wear Klan hoods/blackface?

Edit: A matter of time before you increase the odds of running into a Republican in the line of succession I would think. 3rd in line is Kirk Cox, Speaker of the House of Delegates - a Republican.

LocalA

Oct 29, 2017
I'd rag on him for it, but Lin-Manuel Miranda is also a fan. I don't understand it.

I'm still fond of the animated specials as well as Garfield and Friends, that's a show that was always on TV somewhere when I was growing up and it was entertaining. It wasn't until Garfield minus Garfield and Lasagna Cat came around that I started to realize maybe the comics weren't that good after all.

Also, I'm a cat person so that probably explains it too, it's just weird to be part of a group that includes Lin Manuel-Miranda and Mike Pence.

And I'm catching up to news late but really sad to hear about John Dingell. One of the greats, he'll always be Dean of The House to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.