• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Ok, I've seen it. Fake.

Is has an active cameraman and a very convenienlty shadowed Trump.

I thought the first part as well, but it's actually someone filming a screen which makes it look like an active camera man. If you note that, you'll see the source footage camera is locked.

Besides the convenient shadow (which is plausible given how soft hotel room lighting tends to be), also worth considering that if the Russian plan was to catch "bedroom action" on film, the spy camera is a little low as you can't see the surface of the bed, and if there was someone lying down you pretty much wouldn't see them or any action. So, quite the coincidence that the footage is framed that way. Indeed, if Trump was going to drag a chair over to the bed, he probably would have done it to the closer near side rather than into the corner, and he wouldn't have been in shot at all.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I hear Trump likes charts.

People love visuals. Here is one: During the 2016 presidential campaign and transition, Donald J. Trump and at least 17 campaign officials and advisers had contacts with Russian nationals and WikiLeaks, or their intermediaries.

Female lays the eggs before the male fertilizes them externally.

I know. I was just trying to picture it and thought it was funny. I guess Cruz doesn't really resemble a blobfish so much now that he has his Confederacy beard.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I thought the first part as well, but it's actually someone filming a screen which makes it look like an active camera man. If you note that, you'll see the source footage camera is locked.

Besides the convenient shadow (which is plausible given how soft hotel room lighting tends to be), also worth considering that if the Russian plan was to catch "bedroom action" on film, the spy camera is a little low as you can't see the surface of the bed, and if there was someone lying down you pretty much wouldn't see them or any action. So, quite the coincidence that the footage is framed that way. Indeed, if Trump was going to drag a chair over to the bed, he probably would have done it to the closer near side rather than into the corner, and he wouldn't have been in shot at all.
That would be considered "splash zone". He wouldn't sit so close.

Oct 26, 2017
Just found the video. I'm with Team Fake.

The mannerisms don't seem to match-up at all. And the whole thing reminds me of one of those out of focus Big Foot videos. This is 2019 where the average citizen has a DSLR quality camera in their pocket. So I'm pretty sure the GRU could afford to have an ultra 8k hidden camera with thermal vision. Thermal vision would be useful for pee pee Kompramat.

Though this does raise an interesting question. Even if the pee pee tape is real, it would have to be so crystal clear with audio otherwise most people won't believe it's real. That's why I've always considered the pee pee just an amusing Side Quest and the critical parts of the Steel Dossier are the actual the crooked business dealings and meetings.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I majored in zoology with a heavy emphasis on marine biology. I couldn't resist answering, even knowing it was rhetorical ; )

I wanted to be a marine biologist. I ended up double majoring in psychology/biology and went on to be a Redhat/Windows/HP-UX server admin. Basically, nothing to do with my major.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Just found the video. I'm with Team Fake.

The mannerisms don't seem to match-up at all.

Not seen the vid, but I think it's apt to point out that the video could be entirely real, but offer such a different view of Trump - private, slightly younger, more mentally "with it" - that it could be disregarded as fake if viewed alongside how Trump acts now, in public.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Dxz8ZBBWoAAF9T5

Oct 26, 2017
Not seen the vid, but I think it's apt to point out that the video could be entirely real, but offer such a different view of Trump - private, slightly younger, more mentally "with it" - that it could be disregarded as fake if viewed alongside how Trump acts now, in public.

I will say, the first 6 seconds or so are VERY convincing. But the gesture and posture afterward doesn't really match anything we've seen of him in public. Your point is taken though, someone who's seen Trump in private might be in a better position to judge whether the mannerisms match how he is in private out of the public eye.

EDIT: I also think it's very possible that this fake was created to bait the major news outlets to cover it and then damage their credibility ala Buzzfeed. I hope the mainstream news media stays away from this unless Mueller decides to add this video as an attachment on his next indictment.

Oct 27, 2017
Straight up admitting that government workers and contractors were used for a political campaign stunt. Also, Schlapp is usually smarter than this.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
This needs to happen quickly. This bullshit needs to stop. Not only does it hurt people, but those people get fed up with working for the government and leave. And, good luck attracting people to what was once considered a pretty secure place to work as well.
I know a lot of really talented IT contractors who are like, "fuck this shit" now too.

Seems like the house could pass this like now and use it to further pressure GOP

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ashley Feinberg said the pee tape was fake yesterday. She is the expert so I didn't even need to see it.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I wonder if they run with headlines like that just to try to antagonise Trump and make him do something daft. Seeing all those headlines saying he lost and Pelosi won will make him mad so he'll have to do something.

They're more or less trying to goad the president into doing something that will hurt the country. Thanks for nothing you idiotic assholes.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Sad thing is that knowing people at my job, they would vote for him just because they love Starbucks.

Yes, I work with some really dumb people.

Aug 1, 2018

Ooof expect a Cheeto tweet over this piece.

I mean, they should be given that it was what, like 80,000 votes across those 3 states that gave him the electoral victory and since then he's fucked over millions of people due to his tariffs, trillion dollar tax cuts that never trickled down, attacks on the ACA and now the government shutdown... and those are in addition to his general shitty behavior and attacks on basically anyone that isn't white and a Republican.

The entire GOP should be worried.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is AOC's worst tweet ever since she became a prominent figure

John McCain's legacy represents an unparalleled example of human decency and American service. As an intern, I learned a lot about the power of humanity in government through his deep friendship with Sen. Kennedy. He meant so much, to so many. My prayers are with his family.

I understand the environment surrounding the creation of this but, it's gonna age very badly.

It's not going to age badly, McCain is dead and his legacy, undeserved as it is, is already set. He's never going to be prominent again as a name, people won't think about him all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.