• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
trump-americasbiggest-cry-baby-21038871.png

Fuck this guy.

It finally happened, as a wise woman once said "Impeach the motherfucker". And Impeach we did.

Oh yeah and Joe Biden is now uncontested leader in the polls.

giphy.gif

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for.
1.5) Don't complain about OT Threads. We all want a better world, let's focus on the issues and not on being tone police.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy

US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
History in the making.

Left a message to my local congressman thanking him for his impeachment vote

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Good day today! Even if everybody is tired about politics and Trump for the year, it's still a big deal.

I don't think withholding articles of impeachment from the Senate is a good idea either.

There are no easy solutions here, but the best one is simply to make the case and possibly get 51 votes.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Susan Collins clutches Pearls all the way to the unemployment line.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Polling data from swing states- if that's good enough for your standards, Auto.
You mean the polls from swing state AZ that show him struggling? Or the poll from swing state WI last week that showed Biden reclaiming a lead? Or the fairly favorable signs we've gotten from MI and PA? (I concede the last two have had fewer H2H polls for some reason.)

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Not the only pollsters who are beginning to see trends in the opposite direction:

There are others, I'll try to find them.
Ummm... the only nonpartisan polls on that page from the last two months, from Marquette University, show Biden reclaiming a lead in the December poll, Trump doing slightly worse than the previous month, and impeachment doing slightly better.

I remember because we discussed that poll last week, and there hasn't been a nonpartisan poll of WI since.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ummm... the only nonpartisan polls on that page from the last two months, from Marquette University, show Biden reclaiming a lead in the December poll, Trump doing slightly worse than the previous month, and impeachment doing slightly better.

I remember because we discussed that poll last week, and there hasn't been a nonpartisan poll of WI since.

What about the Gallup poll released today... I believe support for impeachment dropped from 52 to 46.

I do not know if there is a specific breakdown of states available, I have to read the data.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
What about the Gallup poll released today... I believe support for impeachment dropped from 52 to 46.

I do not know if there is a specific breakdown of states available, I have to read the data.
We also discussed yesterday how some of the drop is from Battered Democrat Syndrome - Democrats assuming it'll backfire and changing their minds. They won't vote for Trump. Impeachment's pretty much even to slightly net positive for us.

Even today's NBC/WSJ poll shows impeachment at 48/48 but the GCB at D+7 and 48% certain to vote against Trump.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's ok to be worried. It should be a motivation to do what is necessary for victory. I plan to donate and do my part in the most fervent way possible.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We also discussed yesterday how some of the drop is from Battered Democrat Syndrome - Democrats assuming it'll backfire and changing their minds. They won't vote for Trump. Impeachment's pretty much even to slightly net positive for us.

Even today's NBC/WSJ poll shows impeachment at 48/48 but the GCB at D+7 and 48% certain to vote against Trump.

The GCB makes me really happy, I hope that holds.

Honestly, I don't care if it hurts or helps him. It was the right thing to do, and I'm happy that my party will be on the right side of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.