• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
don't talk like that, believe in the future where we get to see that bernie press secretary that people in this thread are always psychotically mad at try to hype up biden
(actually: believe in the future where biden is not the nom)
Hard to believe a former Jill Stein voter suddenly stanning for Biden next year lol

Will be interesting to see where that 7% of Harris supporters go next too.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
lol, this is such trash. They should be disbarred from practice.

Don't try to evaluate mental health from afar as a licensed professional.

Pretty easy to tell lots of things are wrong with Trump and thus this letter adds nothing, but this should not be allowed and should cost them their jobs.
That's a take. If it's their opinion with caveats it's completely fine. Trump has put himself out there for many hundreds of hours in the last 3 years, with his rallies, interviews, etc. and his Twitter feed. We've all seen how he can no longer form complete coherent thoughts, which is a stark contrast to interviews he gave 15 or 20 years ago when he could speak lucidly on a single subject. We've all seen an increase in the times he's unable to say simple words, which is alarming. We've seen the embracing of conspiracy theories. And the alternate reality he tries to build with his constant lies, we all know it's not normal. That's what world leaders laughing at him shows. They see what we see. The Emperor wears no clothes. I'm not a psychiatrist and I can see there's something very very wrong with him and it's getting worse. I'm sure you can too.

Is this normal?

"I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don't have a musical instrument. I don't have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we've broken a lot of records. We've broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don't need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important."

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
That's a take. If it's their opinion with caveats it's completely fine. Trump has put himself out there for many hundreds of hours in the last 3 years, with his rallies, interviews, etc. and his Twitter feed. We've all seen how he can no longer form complete coherent thoughts, which is a stark contrast to interviews he gave 15 or 20 years ago when he could speak lucidly on a single subject. We've all seen an increase in the times he's unable to say simple words, which is alarming. We've seen the embracing of conspiracy theories. And the alternate reality he tries to build with his constant lies, we all know it's not normal. That's what world leaders laughing at him shows. They see what we see. The Emperor wears no clothes. I'm not a psychiatrist and I can see there's something very very wrong with him and it's getting worse. I'm sure you can too.

Is this normal?

"I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don't have a musical instrument. I don't have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we've broken a lot of records. We've broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don't need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important."

That is not "a take". It's a standard rule put in place by the American Psychiatric Association and further supported by the Psychological Association and AMA.

This went into effect in 1973 -

"On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement."

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
So is there anything actually stopping the GOP lead Senate from calling absolutely outrageous witnesses to testify like Schiff, Biden, and Pelosi? Feel like there should be rules against calling totally irrelevant witnesses for the sole purpose of political retaliation, but let me guess, that's just an "unwritten rule?"

Don't get me wrong, it would be hilarious to watch Schiff and Pelosi both utterly eviscerate Trump and the GOP on live TV, but it seems so farcical that they can call these sorts of witnesses.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Senate questioning:

"Mr Schiff...may I call you Shifty? No? Well anyway, when you 'paraphrased' the publicly released transcript of the perfect phone call, weren't you in fact actually revealing yourself as part of the scheme to corruptly maintain Hunter Biden's chokehold on the missing server that implicates Ukraine and not Russia in the 2016 election interference???!! Also how well do you know Hillary Clinton?"

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Calling Schiff to the stand would be the dumbest thing because Schiff is just going to keep citing the 300 page report and make the case for impeachment even while he is being questioned.

So I expect a lot of "did you vote for Trump?" type questions.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm not sure turning the impeachment trial into a circus helps the GOP, particularly given that they are in 'control' there.

Still curious how much discretion Roberts will have with some of the more *ahem* creative choices for witnesses.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That is not "a take". It's a standard rule put in place by the American Psychiatric Association and further supported by the Psychological Association and AMA.

"On occasion psychiatrists are asked for an opinion about an individual who is in the light of public attention or who has disclosed information about himself/herself through public media. In such circumstances, a psychiatrist may share with the public his or her expertise about psychiatric issues in general. However, it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorization for such a statement."
I'd put concerns about POTUS as being above commenting about a random public figure. He can do a lot more damage to the country or the world than some random celebrity or athlete. Anyway, that code doesn't suggest automatic disbarment or loss of jobs. Related to this, I remember a story a few years ago about a host of a TV show who had a lump on his neck. A registered nurse watching the show said he should get it checked out. Turned out to be stage 2 thyroid cancer and it was caught in time. Good thing she spoke up.

Last edited:

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Calling Schiff and Pelosi and Biden to the stand would not work in their favor at all. It's a comment made without any rational thought because there is no way questioning these people will work out in their favor. So, please proceed.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

Is this normal?

I think someone managed to castrate his mind.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
lol, this is such trash. They should be disbarred from practice.

Don't try to evaluate mental health from afar as a licensed professional.

Pretty easy to tell lots of things are wrong with Trump and thus this letter adds nothing, but this should not be allowed and should cost them their jobs.

They explain in the article why they are comfortable doing this, not the least of which is that the potential danger Trump poses to the community at large outweighs any potential damage a misdiagnosis could bring.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Calling Schiff and Pelosi and Biden to the stand would not work in their favor at all. It's a comment made without any rational thought because there is no way questioning these people will work out in their favor. So, please proceed.
Probably hurts Biden if he gaffes up his testimony that they can use in ads against him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I missed Nancy this morning. Was there an indication of how many articles, or what they might be? Russiagate obstruction and emoluments?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Is this normal?

Hang on... Is that an actual quote? I can't tell because it could also be the ramblings of one of those learning AIs.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

Imagine being so concerned about Trump you are willing to risk professional standing to try to make a difference.

Maybe they were unethical. Or maybe they were brave.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The senate "trial" is going to be a joke because Trump has already been buttering up his buddies to make it as big of a circus as possible.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I'd put concerns about POTUS as being above commenting about a random public figure. He can do a lot more damage to the country or the world than some random celebrity or athlete. Anyway, that code doesn't suggest automatic disbarment or loss of jobs. Related to this, I remember a story a few years ago about a host of a TV show who had a lump on his neck. A registered nurse watching the show said he should get it checked out. Turned out to be stage 2 thyroid cancer and it was caught in time. Good thing she spoke up.

The ethics rule was literally put in place due to comments about a Presidential candidate (Goldwater).

As for your specific example, it doesn't track at all, as it wasn't a diagnosis but an educated call to seek treatment, done in private. And it was about a physical illness.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
That was a pretty good ad. The only thing missing in Trump walking up to Air Force One with toilet paper stuck to his shoes.

You said it. This ad is going to piss off Trump bigly, but the toilet paper would have been *chef's kiss.

Or, that vid of him being unable to close an umbrella and just dropping it on the stairs to AF1.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm legit angry at Warren's polling collapse. It's so damn frustrating to see.
Literally forcing the two olds upon us. I don't even know what she can do to stop the bleeds. Debates aren't her strongest suit and I don't know if she has the time to really hit the trail and engage with voters before the Senate trial. Ugh.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Robert's have any say in the legitimacy or relevance of witnesses called in the Senate trial?

Yes but, like all Senate rules, the majority can overrule him at will

VII. The Presiding Officer of the Senate shall direct all necessary preparations in the Senate Chamber, and the Presiding Officer on the trial shall direct all the forms of proceedings while the Senate is sitting for the purpose of trying an impeachment, and all forms during the trial not otherwise specially provided for. And the Presiding Officer on the trial may rule on all questions of evidence including, but not limited to, questions of relevancy, materiality, and redundancy of evidence and incidental questions, which ruling shall stand as the judgment of the Senate, unless some Member of the Senate shall ask that a formal vote be taken thereon, in which case it shall be submitted to the Senate for decision without debate; or he may at his option, in the first instance, submit any such question to a vote of the Members of the Senate. Upon all such questions the vote shall be taken in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Senate.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Literally forcing the two olds upon us. I don't even know what she can do to stop the bleeds. Debates aren't her strongest suit and I don't know if she has the time to really hit the trail and engage with voters before the Senate trial. Ugh.
They aren't? She consistently gets good marks from focus groups on her debate performances.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now: GOP are going to try to call AOC to testify during the trial.

Yes, it will make no sense.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Sigh.

It'll look terrible for Rs when they start overruling Roberts for their shitty witnesses though.
Can't they also overrule him on relevance of democrat witnesses? So they can, in theory, have only republican picked witnesses and evidence entered into the record as the sole "relevant" stuff.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
First thing they will do is make gym Jordan an honorary senator so he can ask questions. Then Matt gaetz will crash the hearings saying he has a right to be there.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I can't read the article, but if it lives up to the billing, I'd pay money for Trump to tweet about this

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is withholding his support for a proposed parliamentary investigation into a gas company entangled in the U.S. impeachment inquiry.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
They aren't? She consistently gets good marks from focus groups on her debate performances.
Kind of what I was circling around. She's always gotten good reviews from her performance, but she's never really ran away with a debate (or had a 'moment') so I'm not sure if another is really going to move the needle in the opposite way.

Save us from Bernie, new Queen 🙇‍♂️

DiscoShark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Her strong debate performance was one of the things that defined her over the past 6 months, whats done her in was her Healthcare plan. Don't fuck up the single issue that's most important to Democratic voters.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
McConnell sitting on 600+ bills and then trying to say "Nancy is impeaching Trump instead of doing her job for the American people! Not one word about actual legislation in her press conference!" is insulting. I hate how in our government you can just... lie. You just straight up don't tell the truth. You just blame the other "team".

Status
Not open for further replies.