• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
EKbMBuDWwAABOeq

mjgrin.png
This isn't the first time I've noticed but why does it look like Trump's head and body are out of alignment with his legs. I mean I feel like if you took off his suit it would just be his torso is floating with his legs behind him.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I was thinking last night about how this is by far the easiest presidential campaign ever in terms of foreign policy. Just say "dictators = bad and allies = good" and you're already doing ten times better than the other guy.

Even Gary Johnson would be able to do fine.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
It's a bit of a misleading take.

The students knew that it was fraudulent (that was the point of it—it was a school on paper but not in reality). They were doing it to bypass their visa requirements.

They just didn't know it was operated by the feds.

It's still problematic, but not entirely for the same reasons as if they had ensnared unwitting students.

The school was accredited as a "real" institution by independent agencies, exactly as legitimate institutions are. Many classes were held remotely, but this doesn't invalidate that.

in addition, there were students that took issue with the way the school was run, transferred out, *and were deported by ICE anyway*.

There is no defense for this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The school was accredited as a "real" institution by independent agencies, exactly as legitimate institutions are. Many classes were held remotely, but this doesn't invalidate that.

in addition, there were students that took issue with the way the school was run, transferred out, *and were deported by ICE anyway*.

There is no defense for this.
There isn't but the fact that people are making a defense for it on Reset of all places means nobody's gonna give a shit.

Gold Rush

Nov 29, 2017
This isn't the first time I've noticed but why does it look like Trump's head and body are out of alignment with his legs. I mean I feel like if you took off his suit it would just be his torso is floating with his legs behind him.
He wears shoe lifts to make himself look taller, it throws his weight forward, and it always looks like he's standing on his tippy toes.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
It's a bit of a misleading take.

The students knew that it was fraudulent (that was the point of it—it was a school on paper but not in reality). They were doing it to bypass their visa requirements.

They just didn't know it was operated by the feds.

It's still problematic, but not entirely for the same reasons as if they had ensnared unwitting students.
Well then I am so glad that the honorable and hard working men and women of ICE are working so diligently to root out all these criminal scum from our great white country!

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
respectfully disagree. Rubio would have won florida no matter what. Mcginty underperformed Clinton in PA by nearly 100,000 votes- even squeaking out a win there would have lost that seat to Toomey. The senate would have stayed GOP- and there is no chance that Sessions would have resigned Alabama, meaning no Doug Jones right now.

McConnell would have kept it, and likely simply kept on refusing to seat Garland regardless, because there is no downside to him doing so.

A damaged hillary would have ended up running against someone who endorses the exact same shit Trump does but isn't incompetent, like Tom Cotton in 2020 and likely lost against him.

Again, respectfully disagree.

Elimination of the filibuster removes republican ability to obstruct progressive legislation, such as the following:

Granting DC and PR statehood adds 4 senate seats. DC will *never* vote for republican senators, and PR is likely right behind it after Trump's treatment of it.

Stacking the court eliminates republican obstruction at the supreme court level, meaning citizens united is overturned. The voting act is restored. Republicans lose access to the flood of dark money they rely on, and can no longer legally implement voter suppression techniques that exploded after roberts partially dismantled the VRA.

Repealing taft-hartley means "right to work" states no longer exist. Union membership spikes in the south.

Reestablishing the Fairness Doctrine dismantles the right wing grip on AM radio.

Repealing the reapportionment act means that the house of representatives is now uncapped. High density blue states like CA/NY/etc gain electoral votes relative to red states where no one lives like SD, WY, NE. I linked an example of the effect here a week or so back- works out to a net gain of 8 electoral votes for Democrats, using conservative calculations. You want to get aggressive? it's even higher.

Implementing even half of this means that republicans are in "permanent minority" status for a long ass time, and controlling all three branches to reverse any of it is impossible.
Democrats don't want to win. They want to feel superior. It's why bipartisanship is seen as a virtue in itself.

democrats go high because they aren't interested in actual victories

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
lets play a game, summarize a candidates "message" in 5 words

Bernie: Billionaires dont pay fair share
Biden: I am an African american
Buttigieg: I'm a young gay Obama.
Castro: no hablo español muy bien.
Booker: Let's hug corporations to death
Harris: that little girl was me
Klobuchar: I will fight for you.
Warren: has a plan for that
Gabbard: aloha evening Fox News programming
Steyer: not all billionaires are evil
Bloomberg: nah. I'm rich bitch!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Biden will be worth it when he wins by such a landslide it gives the Democrats 60 seats in the Senate

60 seats is impossible.

Biden is such a bad negotiator and so clueless as to how the modern senate works that he WILL be owned repeatedly by McConnell's obstruction and waste any 2020 democratic gains. This isn't theory, Reid banned him from senate negotiations during Obama's term because of this.

Biden is the worst possible nominee the democrats could settle on other than Gabbard.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
www.census.gov

Voter Turnout Rates Among All Voting Age and Major Racial and Ethnic Groups Were Higher Than in 2014

New Census Bureau data show that voting increased among all voting age and major racial and ethnic groups.

"Among 18- to 29-year-olds, voter turnout went from 20 percent in 2014 to 36 percent in 2018, the largest percentage point increase for any age group — a 79 percent jump."
oh wow, i guess that young people swooped in and saved everyone

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
60 seats is impossible.

Biden is such a bad negotiator and so clueless as to how the modern senate works that he WILL be owned repeatedly by McConnell's obstruction and waste any 2020 democratic gains. This isn't theory, Reid banned him from senate negotiations during Obama's term because of this.

Biden is the worst possible nominee the democrats could settle on other than Gabbard.
Yep dude's awful.

4 years of stagnation if we're lucky and then an ez Republican win in 2024 because they got nothing done (bc people don't understand how congress works and Biden will compound any issues)

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.census.gov

Voter Turnout Rates Among All Voting Age and Major Racial and Ethnic Groups Were Higher Than in 2014

New Census Bureau data show that voting increased among all voting age and major racial and ethnic groups.

"Among 18- to 29-year-olds, voter turnout went from 20 percent in 2014 to 36 percent in 2018, the largest percentage point increase for any age group — a 79 percent jump."
Here's the breakdown. It's easier to jump from 19.9 to 35.6 than it is to do the same when the baseline is 59.4. What happened is that everyone went up a tier. note that the 2018 18-29 number is the 2014 30-44, and the 2018 30-44 is about the same as the 45-64 in 2014, and 45-64s in 2018 have pretty much exactly the same as the 65's in 2014. It was basically presidential-lite year numbers from most of the groups.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Here's the breakdown. It's easier to jump from 19.9 to 35.6 than it is to do the same when the baseline is 59.4. What happened is that everyone went up a tier. note that the 2018 18-29 number is the 2014 30-44, and the 2018 30-44 is about the same as the 45-64 in 2014, and 45-64s in 2018 have pretty much exactly the same as the 65's in 2014. It was basically presidential-lite year numbers from most of the groups.

what I'm seeing and I'm liking is that proportionally the old to young ratio improved in2018

Status
Not open for further replies.