• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Did someone tell Castor to turn up the personality because he is dull but he accidentally cranked up the whiny bitch knob instead?

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Clearer version plus a printed tweet!

EJ1Prl1WoAMPW9f

He doesn't even get close to spelling Zelensky's name right.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
There is absoluelty no way Trump knew the words 'quid pro quo' before the whole inquiry and WB stuff happened, let alone used it in any conversation.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So what hearing was he watching? Or did he just watch Nunes's opening (wrong) statement?

Jim Acosta

@Acosta

Trump did not take questions as he left WH for Texas visit. Read from notes. Declared that Sondland has cleared him, adding "this is the final word from the president of the United States. I want nothing." h/t WH pool.

"There was a quid pro quo."

TOTALLY CLEARS THE PRESIDENT! THANK YOU!

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
In other news Israel failed to form a government again, 21 days for Knesset to find a way or we go to a third election.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
That Sonland was willing to part with a million dollars to get caught up in all this and have the President say he doesn't know him is a great argument for taxing the wealthy more

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I want see that Nunes obstruction quote. If this keeps up we might see some naive GOP congresspeople asking the WH to cooperate to clear the air.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to be the cynical one but sondland's refusal to say trump specifically directed him is going to be a problem. It's a one stop refrain for any republican asked about impeachment.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to be the cynical one but sondland's refusal to say trump specifically directed him is going to be a problem. It's a one stop refrain for any republican asked about impeachment.
Wouldn't worry about that. The GOP is always going to come up with some excuse. We already know he's going to be impeached. What the dems have to do now is turn this into an indictment on the GOP as a whole.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Albeit one that's a hundred times the size -- DC is closer in scale to Singapore than to the Vatican or Monaco.

Yes, but large cities like DC (or philly, which is near me) already run as basically miniature states anyway. Philly is legally both a city AND a county under PA law for this reason, so if for some reason Philly got statehood, Jim Kenney would simply take a "governor" title instead of Mayor and virtually nothing else would change. Breaking it up into smaller cities would be nonsensical and would NEVER happen.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't worry about that. The GOP is always going to come up with some excuse. We already know he's going to be impeached. What the dems have to do now is turn this into an indictment on the GOP as a whole.

I mostly worry about it not being enough for the more moderate D senators to convict if you literally can't place the gun in trump's hand beyond a shadow of doubt.

And that WI poll is :( Hopefully today will move the needle.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

yeah but...

That number is probably going to move after this week.

edit: also-

The poll was conducted Oct. 13-17, 2019. The sample included 799 registered voters in Wisconsin interviewed by cell phone or landline, with a margin of error of +/- 4.2 percentage points. Democratic presidential candidate preference items were asked of respondents who said they would vote in the April Democratic presidential primary. That sample size is 379, with a margin of error of +/-6.3 percentage points.

a 4 point shift is still basically statistical noise.

double edit: this one is from the october poll, couldn't find MOE for november.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
What exactly has happened to move people away from impeach and remove?

It's likely within the margin of error. With 6% "unsure", the question may have been asked slightly differently and/or nothing has actually changed in reality.

Removal of the President is still currently a partisan position, unfortunately.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest thing about WI to me is that out of the three states, it was probably Trump's least impressive win in 2016.

He got less votes than Romney!

Status
Not open for further replies.