• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
How legit is this Twitter account being "official" in its relation to the Trump administration? If it is connected, fair to say this dude legit had a health issue happen.
You mean a president doesnt usually make an unscheduled hospital visit to complete the "first phase" of his yearly physical because he happens to have some free time that day?

Yeah, he had some kind of health issue. Lol.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think one thing that's kind of silly about the whole M4A vs. non-M4A thing is the arguments both sides make - non-M4A supporters try to act like non-single payer UHC countries are basically a slightly more regulated US system, while M4A systems act like anything short of single payer is sending people to die. The truth is though, outside of the US, even in non-single payer countries, the government is paying for 80-85% of medical care.

EJmHaqRU4AAlm5J.jpg

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Knew they were trying to squeeze Holmes in this week when they scheduled the closed-door testimony ASAP.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
"Delicious, but P R E S I D E N T I A L?" - CNN

(meanwhile, Trump shits himself in his craftmatic bed while shouting out TOTALLY INNOCENT!! PERFECT CALL!! to the servant bringing him his 3rd McDonalds meal of the morning)

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I think one thing that's kind of silly about the whole M4A vs. non-M4A thing is the arguments both sides make - non-M4A supporters try to act like non-single payer UHC countries are basically a slightly more regulated US system, while M4A systems act like anything short of single payer is sending people to die. The truth is though, outside of the US, even in non-single payer countries, the government is paying for 80-85% of medical care.

EJmHaqRU4AAlm5J.jpg

In NZ, emergency services and public hospital care are free, while the quality of that care is also good. So you'd expect the government to picking up the majority of the cost. Indeed, even as a non citizen/tourist, our emergency services are free, which as a tax payer I am totally fine with.

Quite the contrast to the couple of times I have ended up in emergency in the US - once for myself, where the hospital made me fill out my insurance form by myself self with my cut open writing hand bleeding all over it, and once for my girlfriend, where hospital security marched me to the ATM to put an $800 *deposit* for a replacement asthma inhaler for her.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Ramirez taking the lead after Hegar said she didn't support MB.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
That Sanders Black support data is, just, lol. Booty can at least say that a majority don't know enough about him, but Sanders polled horribly despite full name recognition. Doesn't matter if he polls better with Latinx... the Black vote is too big a part of the D coalition to just pretend you can shrug through. The numbers were hardly flattering for Warren, too.

Basically, "I was Obama's VP!" is the single-largest thing buoying Biden in some of these states.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Medicare for all has always been a compromise that nobody running wants to acknowledge. If you want to ensure a "fair" healthcare system, you have to nationalize healthcare. Standardizing costs and availability is something not even Bernie will run on, because it means pay cuts and coverage cuts. Ultimately, it's the main way to get nationalized health care to work the best.

Medicare payment rates will cripple many hospitals otherwise.But, again, none of this matters, as Pelosi will drive this legislation.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Mandatory buybacks. Also, Ramirez curries some rose crowd favor.

Edit:

I've never lived in Texas but wouldn't MB be a pretty hard platform to run in the general with? I imagine optional buybacks is the better position, unless I'm misunderstanding what MB actually is

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never lived in Texas but wouldn't MB be a pretty hard platform to run in the general with? I imagine optional buybacks is the better position, unless I'm misunderstanding what MB actually is

It'd be terrible in a GE. Just godawful. A legitimate "coming to take your guns"

It's one reason Beto was never an option after.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017

MB is a ban on AW possession plus a buyback program - so, basically, if you're not selling the guns to the government, then you're holding contraband. The majority of Texans polled are in favor of it but the projected downside is increased Republican turnout. Optional buybacks are the less intrusive position, but it's not the position being laid out and/or debated about. I think both would agree on optional buybacks, but coming specifically out against MB is off-putting to Texans.

I like Biden's plan which is in between those options, which would make AW Title II weapons that need a license or else you're required to sell them to the government. Bernie has a similar plan with, I think, optional buybacks.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

"Save me Obi-wan, you're my only hope"

>

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

JUST IN: In 10 page letter, @RonJohnsonWI has responded to Reps Nunes/Jordan's request for "any firsthand information you have about President Trump's actions toward Ukraine between April and September 2019."

LINK TO LETTER:
https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/e0b73c19-9370-42e6-88b1-b2458eaeeecd/johnson-to-jordan-nunes.pdf …

In the letter, @RonJohnsonWI says Lt Col Vindman could be part of a group of "bureaucrats and staff members within the executive branch have never accepted President Trump as legitimate..."

"It is entirely possible that Vindman fits this profile," Johnson writes.

vNjgoc0.jpg

4:54 PM - Nov 18, 2019

On the first page:
VoUe3Ry.png

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Beaten x2.

Let's go.

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

Impeachment schedule this week:

Tuesday:
Jennifer Williams
Alexander Vindman
Kurt Volker
Tim Morrison

Wednesday:
Gordon Sondland
Laura Cooper
David Hale

Thursday:
Fiona Hill

Updating here: David Holmes, the staffer who overheard Sondland's phone conversation with Trump at a restaurant, will now also testify on Thursday.

4:23 PM - Nov 18, 2019

Man they're really trying to speedrun this thing.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

GOP WI Sen Johnson: If the whistleblower's intention was to improve and solidify the relationship between the U.S. and Ukraine, he or she failed miserably. Instead, the result has been to publicize and highlight the president's deeply held reservations toward Ukraine

Ron, are you a fucking moron?

Edit:
Mmm... rank speculation. Not even good enough to call hearsay!

Edit2: None of this is first-hand information
None of the tweets. reading now

Last edited:

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Did Beto missed the deadline?

I´ve always thought he should drop out of the primary to run for the Senate. Can he still do it?

December 9th.

He can but he won't. It would cause controversy with the other candidates and he'd likely lose anyway, given it's a Trump vs. someone Texas won't vote for year, which kneecaps turnout margins.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
We could potentially have a Weekend at Bernie's situation with Trump. Someone just needs to throw a coconut at him to find out.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
"Extortion of foreign officials is fine...it's only when you call out said extortion that it makes foreign policy problematic."

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
>

Frank Thorp V @frankthorp

JUST IN: In 10 page letter, @RonJohnsonWI has responded to Reps Nunes/Jordan's request for "any firsthand information you have about President Trump's actions toward Ukraine between April and September 2019."

LINK TO LETTER:
https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/e0b73c19-9370-42e6-88b1-b2458eaeeecd/johnson-to-jordan-nunes.pdf …

In the letter, @RonJohnsonWI says Lt Col Vindman could be part of a group of "bureaucrats and staff members within the executive branch have never accepted President Trump as legitimate..."

vNjgoc0.jpg

4:54 PM - Nov 18, 2019

On the first page:
VoUe3Ry.png

No one is asking how you feel about it you idiot.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beto won't run for Senate. He's hoping an older person (three of top 4) wins the nomination so he can be VP.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yep. This is how you do it... I hope the DNC is taking notes.
I mean, that was basically the 2018 campaign. Healthcare, healthcare, healthcare. And in many of the purple districts that flipped, it was reforming Obamacare, not M4A.

ACA was unpopular until Trump won, and even then morons could point to repeal and replace to justify their opposition to it. Trump botched the "replace" portion of it which made enough people realize that yes, it actually is a good piece of legislation.

Clinton spent the entire campaign beating the drum of upholding and improving ACA and no one cared. Emails, baby.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
BTW if anyone is unfamiliar with the Zaid tweet referenced in the Johnson letter, it is this tweet that he is shamelessly and purposefully taking out of context.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Wait didn't Nunes "reluctantly" request this expert knowledge this AM? and I'm supposed to believe Johnson banged out this 10 page memo today with no foreknowledge? lmao

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
That letter is actually more revealing than I expected. He hedges in a few places, particularly his call with Sondland that Sondland also has amnesia about.

I really wish we could know if Putin planted the seeds of Ukraine sucking in Trumps mind in that early May call.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I hope Pete's campaign dies this week. The manufacturing of black support has to kill him if it's mentioned during a debate, right? Educating the white people on his literal whitewashing by having white people on a list that was supposed to be, exclusively even, about how he has support amongst non-whites? The stock photo, people becoming upset when they found out Mayo Pete used them as endorsements of his campaign? He's doing shit we'd expect Trump to do.
...and this is why Trump will win.

If you want the Democratic candidate to play by imaginary rules that the other side will never by (and voters generally don't care about), then the candidate will be bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
In case you thought this would go unnoticed.

Self-fulfilling prophecy when black folks hear about what he did in South Bend.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish we could know if Putin planted the seeds of Ukraine sucking in Trumps mind in that early May call.
If I have everything straight, George Kent says Fiona Hill discussed how Putin and Orban poisoned Trump's mind after Zelensky was elected. I don't think we know about Hill saying anything specific on the matter in her closed deposition.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Totally believable stuff here from Johnson

When asked if he was asking for quid pro quo from Ukraine, trump got the vapors and asked who would say such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.