• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

CYnc9v8UEAE3iq_

This shit been going on for 80 years and all we've gotten out of this is Medicare for Seniors.

The primaries are like choosing your starter Pokemon. Bulbasaur is Biden, Charmander is Sanders, Squirtle is Warren. Yeah, Bulbasaur gives you the easiest route, but who the fuck picks Bulbasaur?

me :(

Also, I don't know what the Gen 8 equivalent to that would be

You're saying Bulbasuar is my second choice and I never pick Squirtle?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Wait, they're starting even EARLIER today? I know this isn't outright supposed to be a public spectacle, but if you're trying to sell this stuff to the public you at least need to do it during, like, not the time people are still asleep or are commuting to work.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Today will be a full hearing basically shitting on Guiliani, correct? Guessing it'll be a little more "contentious" compared to Wednesday

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Good thread on the greater misinformation game going on and why impeachment is a game changer compared to the Mueller Report:

It occurs to me that another thing is going on with Kellyanne's word salad. Trump hasn't been able to get control of the media narrative on impeachment. OTOH, he controlled the media narrative of the Mueller probe. Mueller was silent, the pace was slower. . .

"boring" is such an interesting word, as if the expectation is that news is entertainment. https://twitter.com/siouxsiespal/status/1195000898449096704 … When news becomes entertainment, facts stop mattering. Governing by crisis and spectacle is all about controlling media narrative and making it interesting.

The Repub have absolutely nothing and they no longer have control of the information flow. They're panicking and they've been panicking since a hearing or two after the Volker hearing.

We've only just really began. Fireworks will be going off with next week's list of witnesses and hopefully a SC decision for a stay on the House/Mazars case.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Thoughts and prayer'd out

I would fully expect Senate Republicans to not give two shits about mass shootings in California. It's not their voters, so what do they care? I would not be surprised if they were even a little glad it happened...conservatives never fail to miss a beat when people living in a pro-gun control city/state are killed by guns.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The impeachment hearings are boring. They're a flop. They're a witch hunt. Read the transcript!

Other than a few soundbites, Trump's losing the messaging game on this one.

He can yell deep state all he wants and can quote however many Ukrainian officials he wants to on Twitter, but there are far too many people saying the exact same thing to the public.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Read the transcript.

Kenneth P. Vogel @kenvogel

NOTABLE: The 4/21 transcript just released by WH does not include TRUMP committing to work with ZELENSKY "to implement reforms that strengthen democracy, increase prosperity, and root out corruption."

*The WH's contemporaneous readout included a reference to corruption, etc.​

9:21 AM - Nov 15, 2019

Don't read the transcript.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
They think that transcript is helpful?

"Look, I completed a five minute phone call without committing a crime! PERFECT!"

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
So let me get this straight, their defense for a call with bribery and extortion is to release a prior call with no bribery and extortion and expect that to void out the second call that had the bribery and extortion? I can't even imagine how these fuckers can present that argument with a straight face.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I don't understand the purpose of releasing a transcript irrelevant to the incident. While hiding testimony and other transcripts behind executive privilege. Who is this for? To muddy the waters as they continue to chant "check the transcript"?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

This seems notable. There's no mention of combatting corruption in the first transcript of Trump's call with Zelensky, despite the White House telling reporters in an April readout that rooting out corruption was discussed. I've asked the White House to explain the discrepancy.

9:33 AM - Nov 15, 2019

Oct 27, 2017
They better not say a word about this woman after this. "She's going to go through some things" ? You had no idea what she had already been through.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@kylegriffin1
Yovanovitch: "What continues to amaze me is [corrupt Ukrainians] found Americans willing to partner ... they apparently succeeded in orchestrating the removal of a U.S. Ambassador. How could our system fail? ... How is it that foreign corrupt interests could manipulate our govt?"
09:41 - 15 Nov 2019

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They need to bring up that discrepancy about the lack of corruption in the new transcript at the next Press Secretary briefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.