• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Klobuchar hasn't gained any momentum because the early stories of her abusing her staff stuck.

I would like this to be why.

Streamlined

alt account
Banned
Sep 16, 2019
Never seen this New Yorker HRC election win cover. It was quite striking.
jjt5B7n.jpg
TERF in Chief 😢

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Klobuchar hasn't gained because assuming she'll be some amazing national candidate because she dominates in Minnesota, which isn't even a red state like Bullock in Montana or something, was always pretty bad reasoning!

Pundits just seem to latch on to people like Klobuchar and Sherrod Brown and assume that what they do locally will translate to a national stage.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
He's been the power behind the state for decades, so it's kind of a big deal if they finally get him.
Speaker of the Illinois House since before I was even born (aside from the two years in which Republicans controlled the House following the 1994 midterms). It will be interesting to see what happens once (for one reason or another) he's gone.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
617SSnQZoRL._SY500_.jpg

I'm looking at one of these stickers on the back of some woman's 4Runner here in the parents pickup line and I'm gonna puke. Imagine the insulation this person is surrounded by.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
looooolo tell my kid I don't get Wifi in the car if they ask if they can watch a show on my phone. It's technically true I don't get WiFi in the car.
I lie to my kids so much. It's hard though because ours are a little spread out age wise (11, 8, 2, 2 and 1). So the lies don't always work across the board.

I once told our 2 year old daughter that Alexa was so sad she hit her brother that Alexa forgot how to sing Baby Shark. So she pushed the Echo off the table and yelled at her.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I think all of my social circle has landed on a mutually assured destruction policy, where yeah, nothing physically preventing you from buying a noise making toy for your friends kids, but there will a retaliation in kind.
And I don't know, they never explain what was the catastrophe that ended the civilization in The Road, but I'm pretty sure those Hulk gloves that say "hulk sash" when you punch them together were somehow involved.

I realized this when I gave my niece a plush toy that I forgot squeaked. It would've been nice if it I could have been absolved due to my ignorance, but that isn't how such matters are resolved.

Oct 27, 2017

Here's something I've been trying to rationalize. Full disclaimer, I'm a CPA who used to specialize in high net worth tax returns. Now whenever we'd have a client meeting to go over their returns, these rich fucks didn't give two shits about what was in their return. All they wanted to know was the bottom line. And these were mostly highly educated, left-brain type of professionals. Doctors, lawyers, etc.

So I take that experience with dealing with them and apply it to Trump, someone with a far inferior attention span, intelligence, and critical thinking skills. Does he actually know what's in the returns? Did he actually pay attention when whatever lawyer explained to him what was in them? Is this just some sort of lizard brain thing and he assumes tax=bad therefore if people see it, they'll also think bad?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait to see those tax returns. They have to be juicy. Even if it is just Trump trying to conceal that he's not really a billionaire, it will be worth the fight to get them released.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Here's something I've been trying to rationalize. Full disclaimer, I'm a CPA who used to specialize in high net worth tax returns. Now whenever we'd have a client meeting to go over their returns, these rich fucks didn't give two shits about what was in their return. All they wanted to know was the bottom line. And these were mostly highly educated, left-brain type of professionals. Doctors, lawyers, etc.

So I take that experience with dealing with them and apply it to Trump, someone with a far inferior attention span, intelligence, and critical thinking skills. Does he actually know what's in the returns? Did he actually pay attention when whatever lawyer explained to him what was in them? Is this just some sort of lizard brain thing and he assumes tax=bad therefore if people see it, they'll also think bad?
He wants to hide his tax returns for a few reasons:

1. They will show he isn't as rich as he claims. He has always embellished his net worth. He originally got onto the Forbes Wealthiest list by lying.

2. It will be a bad look to see how little he has paid in taxes, due to all the loopholes etc., some of which he pushed for in his recent tax cuts.

3. Crimes. Him and his father are already under suspicion for tax fraud and bank fraud going back decades.

4. Russia, Russia, Russia. Conflicts of interest more exposed, especially Russia and Turkey.

5. It will be a bad look to see how little he has given to charity, probably nothing I bet. Factor in the recent news about him stealing from charity too.

6. We'll get to see exactly how much he has benefited from his own tax cuts, which have driven deficits to near all-time highs and about 70% higher than when Obama left. Remember he originally claimed his tax cuts would be very bad for him. BS.

7. We'll get a clearer look at how much he has benefited from violating the emoluments clause.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
He wants to hide his tax returns for a few reasons:

1. They will show he isn't as rich as he claims. He has always embellished his net worth. He originally got onto the Forbes Wealthiest list by lying.

2. It will be a bad look to see how little he has paid in taxes, due to all the loopholes etc., some of which he pushed for in his recent tax cuts.

3. Crimes. Him and his father are already under suspicion for tax fraud and bank fraud going back decades.

4. It will be a bad look to see how little he has given to charity, probably nothing I bet. Factor in the recent news about him stealing from charity too.

5. We'll get to see exactly how much he has benefited from his own tax cuts, which have driven deficits to near all-time highs and about 70% higher than when Obama left. Remember he originally claimed his tax cuts would be very bad for him. BS.

6. We'll get a clearer look at how much he has benefited from violating the emoluments clause.

+ business with Russia

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The best case scenario for Trump is that the taxes just show that he isn't as wealthy as he claims to be.

The worst case scenario is tax/loan fraud which there is plenty of hints at and has been reported on. Also potential emoluments violations.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Swamp is real here. It's one reason I give some local friends a pass on "both sides" crap because the local Dems do in fact loot the state and aren't that progressive. Still better then the alternative, of course.

The problem is federal level GOP is starting to creep into all state politics.

The IL GOP is starting to favor the culture war types.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
People overlooking how bad Amy was (maybe still is) to her workers because "haha Minnesota nice" is gross

like, at least Pete never threw a stapler to his crew

Luckily its only like, 5% of dem voters.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EJXq7qjXkAIvNOW

Big margin of error but signs are there. Also maintaining a healthy lead with those under 45.
Nevada being a caucus and union support being key - if Unions endorse Sanders or Warren it's game over for Biden. He is heading for 4th in Iowa & things are starting to look very unstable for him in New Hampshire and Nevada.

I do like the look of 1% for Pete, he is like the poster child of the 1% right now

More good news from the Bernie camp

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He probably lists a shit ton of mysterious purchase income from Russian individuals vastly disproportionate to the market values - and has probably lied about every single fact presented to the IRS. So if you filed taxes for clients and they were full of lies and distortions and shady income sources, presumably they'd care about more than just the bottom line. The problem with your comparison is that your clients are likely using legal methods to pay the lowest possible rate - Trump's already been busted claiming exponential sums on worthless land on the way down - and claiming those same properties are worthless on the way up. I assume he's done so many absurdly clumsy claims and crimes that a quick scan of it would fog up your green visor like a hot shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.