• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly don't see any point at all in him doing this and not declaring an emergency. It would be the big, splashy news maker he craves. No point in him just getting up there and droning on about the same disproven shit they've been peddling.
Eh, I could see saber rattling that if nothing happens by x date he'll declare a national emergency, but I can't imagine they'd let him bluff rather than just do it tonight.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder the government will still be closed and we're 3 days away from payday for a lot of fed workers.
Can't believe we're going to barrel into stories of people literally saying they can't buy groceries soon, can't buy essentials, can't pay bills, etc. Gonna be fucked up.

Oct 26, 2017
AND manafort just admitted he lied.

The REAL question is.

DId Manafort do this with Trumps OK, and did Trump have knowledge of it.

Next question

What did Russia do with the intel?
(russia covers ABC, gives money to NRA, E, and F. Tells Campaign to sink money stritcle into ZED. ((kushner micro targeting, plan of action given to kush by russia))))

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Where did the Manafort "I fucking love crimes" meme come from?

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't see any point at all in him doing this and not declaring an emergency. It would be the big, splashy news maker he craves. No point in him just getting up there and droning on about the same disproven shit they've been peddling.
If he declares emergency he has to open government, otherwise what's the point

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's doing the national emergency. It's his only way out of a shutdown looking like he won to his base. He's just trolling the media.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

Trump literally a guy holding a gun to his own foot warning everyone they better not or he's gonna do it.

It's like half of the GOP thinks the "national emergency" strategy will actually get them a wall, and the other half want it just to have an excuse to pass appropriations to reopen the government.

I'm not sure whether it's a gun to the foot or a lifeline or both, depending on which kind of GOPer you talk to.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"I know I've said it before, but we really really need the wall. Please tell me you want the wall built. Please tell Congress. Thank you."

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC there were reports that he was unsatisfied with how his surrogates were selling it so he may have just whined to Mulvaney and this was offered as an option.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure he will say it, because he doesn't consider the bigger L down the road when the courts say "nah"

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Trump's speech will be 3 minutes of speaking punctuated by 5 minutes of scrolling through his phone to see how it's being received and what Hannity is urging him to say.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
So Trump's campaign manager was sharing 2016 polling data with the Russians so they could target certain demographics? And people still want to claim no collusion? Got it.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
1. Might just be Big Mood rn but I think I'm becoming an accelerationist;
2. TLDR I kinda want him to declare a national emergency.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Re: payday for federal workers, I wonder how much advance notice is required in order for them to be paid on time. I'm the accountant for a mid-sized law firm and I gotta submit 2 days before payday.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I know Trump is dumb af but if he keeps listening to the Freedom Caucus and right wing talking heads when they're the ones who got him into this mess in the first place I think that we need to come up with a new descriptive term for just how fucking dumb he is.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

Not sure how legit this guy is

I've heard this one before...

giphy.gif

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Idk, having more than a unified response kinda sucks if more come out of the woodworks tonight.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Re: payday for federal workers, I wonder how much advance notice is required in order for them to be paid on time. I'm the accountant for a mid-sized law firm and I gotta submit 2 days before payday.
Our payroll deadline is usually today but I've seen them get it done more quickly than 3 days when there's a holiday on Friday.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

These White House talking points give a pretty good foreshadow of Trump's message in his 1st Oval Office address.

"...border is overwhelmed with illegal immigration, gang violence, crime, drugs, and human trafficking..."

"Crisis" used, "terrorism" isn't.https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...rce=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wh

Wow he's managed to avoid calling Latinos rapists so far

Idk, having more than a unified response kinda sucks if more come out of the woodworks tonight.

Come on Sanders. Hopefully it's just some tweet storm.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

These White House talking points give a pretty good foreshadow of Trump's message in his 1st Oval Office address.

"...border is overwhelmed with illegal immigration, gang violence, crime, drugs, and human trafficking..."

"Crisis" used, "terrorism" isn't.https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...rce=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wh

So in other words a whole bunch of lies. The networks should really be ashamed that they're participating in airing racist propaganda but then again they'll have no choice but to air the State of the Union address and it won't be any less racist or inaccurate than this.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

It's most likely going to be almost identical messages and Sanders can reach some audiences that Pelosi can't (and vice versa) so the net result is more people get the message. Presumably his will be after the official response too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.