• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bet $100 that they are going to play his border propaganda video. It wouldn't surprise me if his reelection campaign also bought the airtime.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
We KNOW he's just going to lie for X minutes straight. The address has no value. Media is fucking trash!

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
DrEcVHx.png

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he will play his video or have parents of people killed by immigrants up there next to him. It's going to be bullshit either way

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
While it's not ideal, I'm also not really sure that it means anything.

His public addresses have never really been shown to have a galvanizing effect before. There's no evidence that this will either.

I mean, maybe he'll say something that changes the equation or sways public opinion, but it's hard to see how. If he declares some silly emergency, I think the predominant reaction will be "this fucking guy", and it will prompt a news cycle that is just going to focus on the sheer inanity of it (I don't expect the media to ever really confront the fact that everything he'll say about it is a lie, but I do expect them to question what his endgame is supposed to be and how he thinks that circus gets him there).

And if he just uses the time to spew his border security "facts"; I mean, that shit is already out there. The people who buy into it already vote Republican.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Also LOL at his grand address being 7-8 minutes.

Brevity is the soul of wit, not the soul of shit.

I expect he'll be raising all of the below. Will he be able to cover all of it in his usual rambling style in a mere 7-8 minutes?

- claim criminals, rapists, and terrorists are coming across the border in droves by the "thousands"
- claim Democrats want to keep the country unsafe for unspecified reasons
- claim Democrats are causing the shutdown
- claim "people" including government workers overwhelmingly support the shutdown if it will result in a Wall
- how the wall will be great, and made of great American steel, which is stronger than concrete, and made right here in the US now that the great steel companies are back, and it will be see-through, which makes it safer because they need to see who is on the other side
- how the new NAFTA somehow creates "billions and billions" from Mexico that somehow ends up with the US government so somehow Mexico is paying for this anyway
- how he could declare a state of emergency if he has to, but hopes the lousy Democrats will see sense and make a deal, so he won't, but he could
- random Hillary and/or Obama dig

* plus bonus comments about unfair media coverage

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Lol at the media accepting a national prime time address that hasn't even been written yet.

Can't wait for weekly or daily Trump prime time hour where Trump just rants about whatever's bothering him that day

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It's the principle of it. Obama didn't get this airtime yet this orange asshole is getting it what the fuck.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect he'll be raising all of the below. Will he be able to cover all of it in his usual rambling style in a mere 7-8 minutes?

- claim criminals, rapists, and terrorists are coming across the border in droves by the "thousands"
- claim "people" including government workers overwhelmingly support the shutdown if it will result in a Wall
- how the wall will be great, and made of great American steel, which is stronger than concrete, and made right here in the US now that the great steel companies are back, and it will be see-through, which makes it safer because they need to see who is on the other side
- how the new NAFTA somehow creates "billions and billions" from Mexico that somehow ends up with the US government so somehow Mexico is paying for this anyway
- how he could declare a state of emergency if he has to, but hopes the lousy Democrats will see sense and make a deal, so he won't, but he could

There's no way he goes a whole 8 minutes without alluding to "impeach the motherfucker" in some way as well.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He's gonna complain about AOC, isn't he? (Has he done that yet? I don't follow his twitter, and nobody I follow has retweeted anything of the sort.)

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
We all know he's just going to go off-script and turn it into some 30+ minute rant and rave.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The networks had to carry it, come on, he might declare national emergency for fuck's sake, that was a forgone conclusion.

Now, I fully prepared to be disappointed in the way they cover it, but that's a different question.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Carry my speech live, today could be the day I declare a national emergency. You never know, don't miss out

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If he goes off script and rants for 30 min they better cut him but I know those stupid fucks wont as they continue to enable fascism

They should all screen his speech and only if he did say he was declaring a national emergency broadcast it.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many times will Trump insult the media tomorrow night while they air his racist propaganda?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I dunno why Anderson was "surprised" about AOC's racist comment when Don Lemon, a friend and anchor from his own network, has said as much on at least one occasion. Never heard a peep from him about that.

Anderson all but called him racist only hours before

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

IRS Confirms Tax Filing Season to Begin January 28

WASHINGTON ― Despite the government shutdown, the Internal Revenue Service today confirmed that it will process tax returns beginning January 28, 2019 and provide refunds to taxpayers as scheduled.
"We are committed to ensuring that taxpayers receive their refunds notwithstanding the government shutdown. I appreciate the hard work of the employees and their commitment to the taxpayers during this period," said IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig.
Congress directed the payment of all tax refunds through a permanent, indefinite appropriation (31 U.S.C. 1324), and the IRS has consistently been of the view that it has authority to pay refunds despite a lapse in annual appropriations. Although in 2011 the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directed the IRS not to pay refunds during a lapse, OMB has reviewed the relevant law at Treasury's request and concluded that IRS may pay tax refunds during a lapse.
The IRS will be recalling a significant portion of its workforce, currently furloughed as part of the government shutdown, to work. Additional details for the IRS filing season will be included in an updated FY2019 Lapsed Appropriations Contingency Plan to be released publicly in the coming days.
"IRS employees have been hard at work over the past year to implement the biggest tax law changes the nation has seen in more than 30 years," said Rettig.
As in past years, the IRS will begin accepting and processing individual tax returns once the filing season begins. For taxpayers who usually file early in the year and have all of the needed documentation, there is no need to wait to file. They should file when they are ready to submit a complete and accurate tax return.
The filing deadline to submit 2018 tax returns is Monday, April 15, 2019 for most taxpayers. Because of the Patriots' Day holiday on April 15 in Maine and Massachusetts and the Emancipation Day holiday on April 16 in the District of Columbia, taxpayers who live in Maine or Massachusetts have until April 17, 2019 to file their returns.
Software companies and tax professionals will be accepting and preparing tax returns before Jan. 28 and then will submit the returns when the IRS systems open later this month. The IRS strongly encourages people to file their tax returns electronically to minimize errors and for faster refunds.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By fact checking do we mean having GOP operatives on to blame the Dems for the shutdown? Because that's what's going to happen.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So the OMB in 2011 said it wasn't legal, but the OMB today says it's legal for the IRS to do that. Hmm.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta feel bad for those IRS workers. Sending out tax returns while they aren't getting paid because a giant toddler is demanding a wall.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Alex Kotch @alexkotch

In the United States you can literally go from being a D.C. lobbyist to being a U.S. senator to being a D.C. lobbyist in a matter of months because that's definitely fine.

Note that Jon Kyl lobbied for the Judicial Crisis Network in favor of Brett Kavanaugh, then became a senator and voted for Brett Kavanaugh. https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-t...ation-fights-through-shadowy-network?ref=home

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Jon Kyl:
-Retires from Senate to join lobbying firm
-Kavanaugh sherpa
- Appointed back to Senate to replace McCain
- Votes for Kavanaugh
- Says he's done, McSally appointed
- McSally sworn in
- Rejoins lobbying firmhttps://www.cov.com/en/news-and-insights/news/2019/01/jon-kyl-returns-to-covington

Well aint that a thing?

JCN and FS are executing strategies people.

The real bombshell here is that Prince Mohammed bin Salman was the buyer - drawing the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia directly into the conspiracy.

Yeah, Ive heard about art being like real estate as a way to launder dirty money, but this is new info too. Bonesaw loves his crimin'.

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus

Trump's Oval Office speech tomorrow—in which he may or may not declare a national emergency over border security—is only expected to last 7-8 minutes, per White House official. The speech hadn't been written as of this afternoon. https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-to-visit-southern-border-on-thursday-white-house-says-11546881676

Why write one out when you can mouth diarrhea for 30 minutes, spawned from all the adderall and NPD that can fit in 300+ lbs?

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

Don't forget about bragging about his "historic" electoral college win.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta feel bad for those IRS workers. Sending out tax returns while they aren't getting paid because a giant toddler is demanding a wall.

Just so we can get this right moving forward because it's a pet peeve.

Your tax returns are what you send to the IRS and they may in turn send you a tax refund.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Trump supporter on CNN on track to lose $1m on his business due to tarrifs won't say how he'll vote in 2020.

These people have drunk the koolaid. Just too shy to admit that he would rather lose his business because brown kids are in jail.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

With IRS workers joining TSA workers and ATCs in being literally forced to work without pay, I still think this ends in the collapse of air travel or a massive walkout and march on the White House.

Status
Not open for further replies.