• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So what are the chances of him declaring a national emergency tomorrow

Who knows. By all accounts Trump doesn't even know what a National Emergency even does. He might say he's doing something and just not actually do it. Literally nothing he says can be believed because he himself doesn't know what's going on.

Like Trump might just say he's preparing to declare a National Emergency and like so many other things he's "looked into" or "prepared" nothing will actually be done. But it'll get his brain dead base off his ass for a moment.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances of him declaring a national emergency tomorrow
Maybe. As we've discussed, the way out of this seems to be to let him declare the emergency, sign the funding bill with $1.6 billion as he claims victory, and let the courts strike down whatever funding and manpower he wants to direct to the wall.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Who knows. By all accounts Trump doesn't even know what a National Emergency even does. He might say he's doing something and just not actually do it. Literally nothing he says can be believed because he himself doesn't know what's going on.

Didn't he declare the opioid crisis a national emergency and then do fuck all afterwards?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I declare...

EMERGENCY!
Lol basically. Also -

tenor.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Just watched the AOC 60 Minutes interview...

Now can we hate Anderson Cooper?

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I guarantee you declaring a National Emergency involves some sort of complicated bureaucratic process that neither Trump or his people understand at all. He's going to say the words "National Emergency" expecting that everyone now has to give him what he wants only to find out that nothing changed.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
My problem with Cooper wasn't his questions. It was his condescending tone and the incredulity with which he was responding to almost everything she said. I've seen him treat Republican men spewing literal garbage to his face with more respect.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
I didn't know that Anderson Cooper was a member of the Vanderbilt family and that he didn't inherit any money from his family. He earned $100 mil in journalism. His mother is worth $200 mil. It makes the 60 minutes AOC tax discussion a little more interesting.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
7-8 minutes is all they can expect him to stay on message, but I think that's even too long for him.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee you declaring a National Emergency involves some sort of complicated bureaucratic process that neither Trump or his people understand at all. He's going to say the words "National Emergency" expecting that everyone now has to give him what he wants only to find out that nothing changed.

Yeah, the most likely outcome is "declaring" a national emergency on TV, but it won't actually be real.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

The parallels continue.

No. They don't.

First of all the Nazis did not win power democratically.

Second the Reichstag Fire Decree was not recognizable to what a National Emergency does in the US.

Third the Enabling Act, which is what Hitler did to solidify dictatorial power, was a piece of legislation that had to pass the Nazi dominated Reichstag.

Fourth, Hitler knew what he was doing and wasn't widely fucking despised.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I look forward to seeing Trump try to reconcile how border crossings are a time critical crisis to resolve immediately with the proposed solution being a wall that will take over a decade to build.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Third the Enabling Act, which is what Hitler did to solidify dictatorial power, was a piece of legislation that had to pass the Nazi dominated Reichstag.
No, he's totally going to declare the opposition party illegal. That's why he's been sending goons to negotiate with them and has altered his definition of the wall several times. I definitely do that with people I intend to threaten with execution unless they make a me a dictator.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
My problem with Cooper wasn't his questions. It was his condescending tone and the incredulity with which he was responding to almost everything she said. I've seen him treat Republican men spewing literal garbage to his face with more respect.

Well yeah that might be a better gripe with him.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I wonder if Trump went in wanting more time but the networks kept telling him no until he agreed to make it under 10 minutes.

Art of the Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.