• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
I guess my point is to punish Trump in a way for being a complete idiot. He didn't take $20B for the wall before. Now we can say the deal is $5B + more stuff we want. Of course he isn't going to want to do any kinda of DACA and/or amnesty. That's the whole point. It makes him a complete loser when he is forced to take a deal.

Edit: And it's also the point of standing firm $1.3B for border security. He doesn't get a wall, he loses.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
The moment you start adding stuff you want they can start blaming the dems.

Keep pushing a clean bill and let them say no, that way they own the shutdown.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
We literally don't know when this report will come out but for whatever reason everyone seems to think it's just a day away, months away, etc. Even with the extension it still provides little actual revelation as to when.

Well 2020 will be here before you know it, I wonder if they will hold off if they wrap up around campaigning time. No one wants to be the new comey

Oct 25, 2017
God the TSA going on strike would cripple the country, full stop. What would be the alternative? National Guard to the airports? There wouldn't be enough fast enough.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The moment you start adding stuff you want they can start blaming the dems.

Keep pushing a clean bill and let them say no, that way they own the shutdown.
You're relying on public opinion always blaming Trump and the Rs.

Once that changes, Ds lose much of any leverage they might have. It's not a situation with an easy out, but I'm definitely not comfortable with the idea that we should count on favorable optics indefinitely.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
How fucking hilarious would it be if airports stopped doing TSA checks for the first time since 9/11 because Trump's "concerned" for our safety.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Interestingly, if any of these unpaid federal workers have any sick time, that might be a sad backwards way of getting paid at least some depending on how that stuff is drawn up.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Heh, we have a federal review coming up next week, and at this pace it won't happen as they are non-essential oversight. We emailed them "into the void" as we know they can't read or respond to email.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The story in the New York Times regarding Jim Webb being considered as the next Secretary of Defense is FAKE NEWS. I'm sure he is a fine man, but I don't know Jim, and never met him. Patrick Shanahan, who is Acting Secretary of Defense, is doing a great job!

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
We literally don't know when this report will come out but for whatever reason everyone seems to think it's just a day away, months away, etc. Even with the extension it still provides little actual revelation as to when.

At this point, I'm expecting he's going to randomly drop it one day with no announcement.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The story in the New York Times regarding Jim Webb being considered as the next Secretary of Defense is FAKE NEWS. I'm sure he is a fine man, but I don't know Jim, and never met him. Patrick Shanahan, who is Acting Secretary of Defense, is doing a great job!

Over/Under 2 months until we get a Trump tweet saying he doesn't know Patrick Shanahan?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
God the TSA going on strike would cripple the country, full stop. What would be the alternative? National Guard to the airports? There wouldn't be enough fast enough.

They're 1 step ahead of you all, as usual;

How TSA may address the problem

Airports struggling with manpower issues could also opt to loosen standards for checked baggage based on a theory that people would not bring a bomb onto their own flights because the explosion would kill them, too. Known as positive passenger bag match, it presumes that if a passenger checks in and boards the flight, their checked luggage is safe, but some security experts are doubtful it is effective.

https://ktla.com/2019/01/04/hundred...thout-pay-calling-out-sick-at-major-airports/

Checkmate Libturds. Cry Moar.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
They're 1 step ahead of you all, as usual;

How TSA may address the problem

https://ktla.com/2019/01/04/hundred...thout-pay-calling-out-sick-at-major-airports/

Checkmate Libturds. Cry Moar.

"TSA may loosen standards, pointing out that they're all security theater anyway, so who gives a fuck"

That's a neat idea, but the airports would likely just hire private contractors for security. Will still be a shit show.
The only reason we have the TSA is because the airlines and airports don't want the responsibility (read: legal liability) for security and protecting passengers. No way do they take on the mantle and set that standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.