• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The really old insulin formulations still are. If you're on an infusion pump though those formulations won't do the job. It's a terrible shame that he evidently wasn't aware of its availability. Most doctors are awful about that sort of thing, they just prescribe the prevailing name brand drug and dont consider the cost.

Thankfully, the patents have expired on most of the major brand formulations. However, since insulin is a biologic drug they cannot be copied to the same degree that ordinary generic drugs like ibuprofen can.

So a new legal category of drugs had to be created - biosimilar drugs. They've been out in Euripe for years, and the legal pathway for their approval has been active since the Obama administration, but there are still zero fast-acting biosimilar insulin formulations on the market. That will change in the not too distant future, but that doesn't help the people who need it now unfortunately.
Yeah, I was shocked when my GP gave me a generic epipen prescription without me even asking. Most doctors don't ever seem to take costs into consideration when prescribing.

The whole insulin thing is disgusting and I'm glad that even though I have a bunch of other shit, at least I don't have diabetes.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

I'm too young to recall how the '95 shutdown went, but its pretty incredible how they don't seem to be even negotiating much.

Bitch McYertle is a piece of shit.
One of my closest friends needed a liver medication that cost $800 a month. He was young and couldn't afford it, and decided that because he was young he could do without for a while. He got liver cancer and died at 28. Being too poor to live is definitely a thing in America.
Fucking hell. :(

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, thank god it's only partial, right?

We should all be thankful it is only partial, and even a partial one is fucking over tons of people. Think the stock market is jittery right now? Imagine if it was a full government shutdown that lasted weeks or months. The markets would just LOVE that.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting the shut down to last until at least the State of the Union on the 29th, Trump's gonna use the opportunity to try to hammer Democrats on this.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
People aren't going to care that it's only partial if they aren't get tax refunds.

And that is the bottom line on this shutdown, I feel. Tell Americans right now that they cannot visit national parks and plenty of them will say "So what?" If we get to February and people start to realize they won't be getting their tax returns while this continues expect all hell to break loose.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

I'm too young to recall how the '95 shutdown went, but its pretty incredible how they don't seem to be even negotiating much.

The reality is that McConnell seems uninterested in putting bill sup for a vote that Trump won't sign. He's unwilling to shift that veto burden on. And since Trump is not actively negotiating with anyone, it's a status quo situation.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
We've already talked about this, but the way AOC makes the hard Right lose their shit is fucking insane!
They're also really ineffective at attacking her. They probably think they are super effective, because that's their mindset, always pretend you are "winning" no matter what. But they have failed miserably at vilifying her, except to their right wing rubes who already think and do whatever they tell them.
They are using the playbook they used for Hillary in the 80s and 90s and it doesn't work today. All they're doing is making her a bigger name and more popular. She looks "cool" being the young energetic lady throwing out twitter zingers at these whiny old men.

They're certainly ensuring she can easily be a Senator in New York well before she's 40.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the response would be if AOC were a Republican and some Democratic memelord posted about her dancing...

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Late response but you forgot one
Acceptable responses to concern trolling re Rashida:
  • I agree with her
  • It could have been more artfully stated
  • It should be set to music
  • shout it from the fuckin rooftops
  • it's not like she said to grab someone by the pussy
  • it's not like she made fun of the disabled, despite what you think of him
  • it's not like she put children in concentration camps
  • it's not like she called all Mexicans rapists and murderers
  • it's not like she is an actual fuckin Russian agent
  • it's not like she is stealing money from the American people as we speak
  • it's not like she is covering for the murder of a journalist by a despot
  • it's not like she's being tricked by autocrats around the world
  • it's not like she has an incestuous daughter fetish
  • it's not like she's a russian mob lackey laundering money for child sex slave profits
  • i could go on, but
  • we ARE gonna impeach that motherfucker.

• "daughter" may have been more accurate than "mother"

But I'm glad Nancy handled it the way she did on the spot.
the new class will eventually evolve their politispeak over time. There are less inflamatory ways to say what you mean without making your self a target of out of context soundbites. But I'll enjoy it while it last.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Are airport customs and security agents working without pay during the shutdown? I'd be pretty disgruntled. Not exactly looking forward to that with an upcoming international flight...

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
If she's planning a presidential campaign down the line, hopefully they keep going after her.

She becomes more relevant and interesting each time they do.

They've got nothing for her. The Racists have already shown their ass with accepting Trump. They can't act like they have morals after 2016, or any position to turn their nose up to. The man said he grabs pussies. That got a pass.

Also, their hate campaign might work on a few isolated people, but its the same identical commentary made for everyone. That everyone is a diverse group of people. It paints the picture that they dont like anyone who isn't white. Which im sure they are fine with, but there isn't anywhere to really go with their campaign besides repeating the same bigoted/sexist criticisms.

Its amazing how they've done this to themselves.

AOC rubbed me the wrong way as a 35 year old who follows politics.

This is their time now. This is how you have to respond to the Trump generation, and I don't mind. The country was fractured when Trump won, but this is what growth is going to look like. Its a new america. As long as they get the job done, that is all that matters. And not round up families and kill their children...

that too.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting the shut down to last until at least the State of the Union on the 29th, Trump's gonna use the opportunity to try to hammer Democrats on this.

An opportune moment to bring the country together in the spirit of American bipartisanship will be a another screed about illegals, walls and MS13 and praise for Putin. Bank on it:

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
AOC is a different person than Hillary, the same attacks just aren't working anymore.

well this will certainly be a test to see whether they can replicate the process. they're very different people, at different places and in different eras, but the model of 'unrelenting negative coverage emboldened by a complicit media, specifically the fuckin new york times, for 30 years' is established. it could work again.

(lol)

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
well this will certainly be a test to see whether they can replicate the process. they're very different people, at different places and in different eras, but the model of 'unrelenting negative coverage emboldened by a complicit media, specifically the fuckin new york times, for 30 years' is established. it could work again.

(lol)
It sure won't take her 30 years to get to a similar position to Hillary. It's a totally different landscape. When Hillary was 29 she was looking at a future of "The first lady of Arkansas who won't bake cookies or have the correct haircut while standing silently at her husband's side".

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are airport customs and security agents working without pay during the shutdown? I'd be pretty disgruntled. Not exactly looking forward to that with an upcoming international flight...

When I came back yesterday, they were still fine. If anything, maybe more lax than normal.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I came back yesterday, they were still fine. If anything, maybe more LAX than normal.

OpVAmwB.gif

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
What's a lax security at LAX? It takes 5 hours instead of 3 to get through the line into to terminal? Fucking hate LAX

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So whats going on here? Is the Senate just not in session? Waiting on turtle to vote on the house bill.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
But what does aoc think about the Mugwavainan Earth Worm??? HMMM??? GOTCHA. She's so unqualified.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a lax security at LAX? It takes 5 hours instead of 3 to get through the line into to terminal? Fucking hate LAX

ProTip:

PreCheck and CLEAR. Then boom 30-60 seconds!

Other ProTip:

It's disgusting that you can buy your way past proper physical security theater.

ProTip The Third:

If you're connecting from a domestic flight landing in LA - and have to go to catch an international flight at the Tom Bradley terminal and you have your boarding pass already, you can stay INSIDE security and walk around the interior back alleys of the airport and skip a second security check. Signs are different at each of the six terminals but follow the signs "north" if Tom Bradley is true north - so from 1 to 2, 6 to 5 etc.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/pat-roberts-announce-2020-plans-1081334

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) announced Friday that he will retire in 2020 instead of running for reelection.

Roberts, 82, has served four terms in the Senate and last won reelection in 2014 after facing a bruising Republican primary. His retirement has already sparked interest in his seat from a number of other Kansas Republicans, heralding a potentially crowded 2020 primary — though Democrats hope they can make the race competitive after winning the governorship in 2018.

Roberts said he had the "honor and privilege" of representing Kansas for 16 years in the House and 22 years in the Senate.

"I will serve the remainder of this term as your senator, fighting for Kansas in these troubled times," Roberts said. "However, I will not be a candidate in 2020 for a fifth Senate term."

Kris Kobach just got his opening.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
ProTip:

PreCheck and CLEAR. Then boom 30-60 seconds!

Other ProTip:

It's disgusting that you can buy your way past proper physical security theater.

ProTip The Third:

If you're connecting from a domestic flight landing in LA - and have to go to catch an international flight at the Tom Bradley terminal and you have your boarding pass already, you can stay INSIDE security and walk around the interior back alleys of the airport and skip a second security check. Signs are different at each of the six terminals but follow the signs "north" if Tom Bradley is true north - so from 1 to 2, 6 to 5 etc.
You can also get "Even More Speed" if you're on Jetblue to bypass the lines. It's what I do because all of the locations here for Precheck are booked far in advance and are in shitty locations. It works out quite well at BOS and LAX. Useless for MCO though, but they'll take your money anyway. God, fuck MCO.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how many people i've seen in my life who legitimately think moving into a new tax bracket means you get less money overall. This shit needs to be taught in high school.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how many people i've seen in my life who legitimately think moving into a new tax bracket means you get less money overall. This shit needs to be taught in high school.
The post about how 1/3 lb burgers inevitably fail because people are too stupid to understand that 1/3 > 1/4 makes this completely unsurprising.

The problem is that you can't fix stupid. Not even with more teaching.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this here in response to this before, but my mom has an MBA and thought the same thing last time I brought it up. It's truly amazing how ignorant people can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.