• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
I actually think postponing due to Trump's threats is a far smarter move. Cohen's attorney's had already been saying that this testimony was going to be very frustrating for the public because Cohen went in & signed an agreement to not put out knowledge while Mueller's investigation is ongoing.

By delaying the testimony due to threats from the president & directly attributing the delay to that fact, Cohen gets to stick it in Trump's eye in a legal sense with witness tampering, and then gets to come back later & testify after Mueller's submitted his report.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I think we'll be hearing from Guiliani soon because he can't let that Cohen statement sit without challenge.

Also the foster program stuff is nauseating. Hope that can be challenged.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Biden came from a time where liberal GOP and conservative Dems could regularly make "deals" since the parties were a lot less ideologically divided in the past. He may say he understands times have changed but I'm skeptical how much he's really internalized it. That's a problem.
even if you couch in that context, working across the aisle on bipartisan legislation is still completely different from literally stumping for a Republican in an election year. I really don't think he has internalized it at all. I think, like Hillary, he would try to separate Trump from other 'normal' Republicans in his campaign.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's funny? If Trump said he travelled in time to the future and saw everything was good, his supporters will believe him.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Here we go soft couping again

Hi, hello news... Did a coup somehow happen while everyone was shitposting this morning?

partisan hackery aside, Maduro is a piece of garbage that really needs to go.

Regardless if Maduro is far-Left, he's a dictator who really fucked up Venezuela hard and has to go.

So many shop owners, grocery store owners were ran out of the country by this nut job.

Many EU countries are going to follow forth with the same declaration

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Regardless if Maduro is far-Left, he's a dictator who really fucked up Venezuela hard and has to go.

So many shop owners, grocery store owners were ran out of the country by this nut job.
Yeah no doubt, I'd include myself in the shitposting mention. Genuinely curious what the current state is, all news basically points to a civil war at this point.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
The articles of impeachment are going to need a whole appendix just to list all of the instances of obstruction.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Many EU countries are going to follow forth with the same declaration
One of the massive problems with seizing the means of production- the people who seize them often don't actually understand how they work!

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yeah no doubt, I'd include myself in the shitposting mention. Genuinely curious what the current state is, all news basically points to a civil war at this point.
lots of Portuguese descendant Venezuelans from the Islands of Madeira had mom & pop fruit stores, bakeries, butcher shops in Venezuela.

Most forced to flee back to Madeira because of Maduro's policies towards shop owners.
Most are 2nd or 3rd generation

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I would imagine there are threats we don't know about if Cohen and his wife are actually fearing for their safety and afraid to appear in person?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather wait for the Mueller report. Lay EVERYTHING out there. We know damn well we'll only get one shot at this impeachment thing so let it be potent.

I'm just afraid that the report is going to drop AFTER his first term. If the GOP handwaves witness intimidation, they'll easily handwave everything in the report.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
So is Pelosi going to block the SOTU from happening? I'm unclear what her actual powers are in that regard.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's gonna get you corruption and such but it's not really directly leading to "take over the industries, gut them, spend the money you should have spent on maintaining them on social benefits, watch revenue collapse" cycle we saw play out in Venezuela
So is Pelosi going to block the SOTU from happening? I'm unclear what her actual powers are in that regard.
She can shutter the House floor. Trump is simply refusing to take no for an answer.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017

Congress needs to pass a joint resolution to formally schedule a SOTU. This hasn't happened yet and Pelosi won't let it happen if the shutdown continues.

Also, Trump might rage on Twitter and send out mean letters, but he's not going to show up uninvited on the 29th to try and give the SOTU; he's too much of a coward for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.