• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Plot twist: I am Bender

tenor.gif

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017

Reminder that prison guard unions are awful.

Kentucky inmates only make between 0.40 and 2.00

A day.
average is 9¢ an hour. They must be living it up.

Edit: I heard we still had to feed the prisoners during a shutdown. Can you imagine how that makes the guards feel? not to be able to starve people who have nothing to do with the shutdown?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Long long long after Trump is gone, we're going to remember hateful, nasty stuff like this. Message received: queer people are apart.
This gets way too little attention compared to all the other shit that comes out of this administration, but to my mind the transgender solider ban is one of the crueler things Trump has done. These are men and women willing to put their lives on the line for bigoted pieces of shit like him, how fucking dare anyone in this admin tell them their identity makes them unworthy of their service.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tim Kaine just shut down this reporter trying to blame Dems for the shutdown on MSNBC lol

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Trump happy I'm sure

It's shit like this that really brings home how utterly, top to bottom terrible and dangerous the Republican party is. Trump gonna Trump, but the fact that a whole party of the government is just letting this insanity to continue due to their own cowardice and greed is abhorrent. Letting not only 800,000 families go without pay, but all the related failings of SNAP, law enforcement, etc. Just to protect this pathetic fucking baby in the white house. We are so far past the point of no return for the GOP that I don't even know how any type of functional political paradigm can exist in the future. They need to be entirely eradicated as a political entity.

Oct 27, 2017
It's shit like this that really brings home how utterly, top to bottom terrible and dangerous the Republican party is. Trump gonna Trump, but the fact that a whole party of the government is just letting this insanity to continue due to their own cowardice and greed is abhorrent. Letting not only 800,000 families go without pay, but all the related failings of SNAP, law enforcement, etc. Just to protect this pathetic fucking baby in the white house. We are so far past the point of no return for the GOP that I don't even know how any type of functional political paradigm can exist in the future. They need to be entirely eradicated as a political entity.

I tell everyone that will listen: the GOP from 2001-2008 radicalized me against them. At this point anything short of RICO and long jail sentences for a vast majority of the GOP is an abdication of Justice.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Went on Fox News to both sides the MAGA teens and blame the media

Dude, this "backlash" is fucking unreal. I couldn't stomach watching more than five seconds of that smirking bitch; how anybody outside the alt-right bubble could both-sides this speaks volumes about one's empathy and priorities. "Out of context" my ass.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@ABC
· 3m
NEW: Pres. Trump is preparing for two different State of the Union speeches for different audiences, sources tell @ABC News. https://abcn.ws/2FOzTJ3
ABC News

abc
MORE: One is a more traditional address delivered to Congress in the House chamber or some other location in D.C., the other prepared for a political rally at a location outside of Washington, D.C., according to multiple sources familiar with the planning. http://abcn.ws/2FOzTJ3
12:16 PM - Jan 22, 2019

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I tell everyone that will listen: the GOP from 2001-2008 radicalized me against them. At this point anything short of RICO and long jail sentences for a vast majority of the GOP is an abdication of Justice.

Yeah, I've felt a similar way for a while. I'm being pushed further and further left - not by any actual left-aligned agency or outlet, but by the republican party. Their abjectly terrible, disgraceful behavior for the majority of my adult life is just consistently pushing me further in the other direction.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
AOC is good but she needs to distance herself from Justice Dems who are basically going to primary anyone they feel like - from moderate darlings to people with liberal voting records. Won't be surprised to see them go after Hakeem Jeffries too in 2020.

That's not true anymore. They are now only primarying those dems in safe disticts who can afford to be more left.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Right in time for the Iowa Senate race, here's Joni Ernst's divorce filings:

Hot takes! Get ya pipin' hot takes here!

That sounds vaguely familiar. Ernst is one of the savviest Republican Senators (extremely low bar, but whatever.) She'll be aggressively scouted for President in the post-Trump era.

(Republicans would *never* nominate someone with an ugly divorce in their past :P)

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've felt a similar way for a while. I'm being pushed further and further left - not by any actual left-aligned agency or outlet, but by the republican party. Their abjectly terrible, disgraceful behavior for the majority of my adult life is just consistently pushing me further in the other direction.

As most folks on here can attest: I ain't all that far left in my policy preferences, but as these Fascists have ramped-up their stupidity I find it easier to just say, "fuck you, you get nothing, have a horrible day and die in a fire" when the GOP starts yapping

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I get super angry when I think about how much dumb ass voters and apathy fucked up our supreme court for a long time to come..

It isn't getting fixed anytime soon.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I get super angry when I think about how much dumb ass voters fucked up our supreme court for a long time to come..

It isn't getting fixed anytime soon.
I agree, but imagine the reverse hypothetical. What would have happened if Hillary had been elected? I have to imagine the Senate keeps the seat open and then we lose the presidency in 2020 and the same seats open up. I don't think there was a winning outcome here.

edit: The more i read the more I am entertained

Edit 2: Trump's disaproval seems to have leveled off the past few days. At 55%
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and predict Trump shows up and tries to do the SOTU from the House chamber anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.