• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Matt Ford @fordm

There's even footage of Lindsey Graham asking him this exact question. What a time to be alive. https://twitter.com/briantashman/status/1086108887382740992

Brian Tashman @briantashman

William Barr said the president coaching a witness to give false testimony or to conceal evidence would be obstruction of justice.

According to @BuzzFeedNews, Trump directed Cohen to give false testimony to Congress about the Trump

Welp, the AG is instantly neutered. Brilliant plays!

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Will it now be

Trump campaign colluded

Trump also colluded

But Trump has multiple personality disorder and it was only just one of his many personalities that did the colluding so it's not the Presidents fault when he's actually himself he's not capable of collusion and is very tough on Russia

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

Matt Ford @fordm

There's even footage of Lindsey Graham asking him this exact question. What a time to be alive. https://twitter.com/briantashman/status/1086108887382740992

Brian Tashman @briantashman

William Barr said the president coaching a witness to give false testimony or to conceal evidence would be obstruction of justice.

According to @BuzzFeedNews, Trump directed Cohen to give false testimony to Congress about the Trump

I sometimes wonder when seeing stuff like this if Lindsey playing the long con and doing evil in the short term to get close enough to Trump and his inner circle to politically lead Trump to failure.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus

Giuliani response to Buzzfeed story: "Haven't checked it out but if you believe Cohen I can get you a good all cash deal on the Brooklyn Bridge?"

Then added, "Also why does SDNY say he is not telling the whole truth, ask him about his father in law," before liking his own text.

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif

This is HUGE.

Doesn't matter if this gets lost a few news cycles from now. This is clear obstruction of justice related to the Russian investigation. End stop. And it's a Federal crime committed against Congress. Will the GOP Senators really "hand-wave" the President directing people to lie to Congress? They can try initially but once the Mueller report is released and this clear crime is listed along with Trump's other wrong-doings, it will be extremely hard to ignore without them certifying it's okay for the President to commit crimes and direct people to lie to Congress. It would be a terrible precedent.

This news alone is impeachment worthy. But we all know this isn't the only witness Trump leaned on. He assumed Congress would always be in his pocket so there would be no consequences for instructing people to lie to them. But we could end up in a situation where Trump leaned on or instructed a half-dozen witnesses to lie to Congress. The GOP will be faced with defending a criminal going into the 2020 election and all the fall-out that will entail (including potentially losing the Senate) or cutting ties with him and starting fresh. I could easily see the GOP machine making the determination that Trump is damaged goods and they'll have the Fox News and other media apparatuses start turning on him to gradually condition the Trump base that he's corrupt and needs to be jettisoned out of the airlock.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
McCain would be proud.
Lindsay keeping himself close to guys like McCain was functionally no different than what he's doing here

It's just that before Lindsay thought that moderating was the best way forward for the GOP to win long term and it was the far right base that made them adapt crazy positions that hurt them on the national level

But Lindsay's seeing that maybe if you dial the crazy up to 11 you can get the rural waves you need more often than they previously thought possible

People forget he ran for POTUS last cycle. He's ambitious

Mentioned this a couple times but I remember Al Franken ( I know, I know) said in 2016 to Lindsay that if he could vote for anyone in the GOP primary it would be him. To which Lindsay said "I know and that's my problem"

A problem he's fixed I think

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

Rebecca Ballhaus @rebeccaballhaus

Giuliani response to Buzzfeed story: "Haven't checked it out but if you believe Cohen I can get you a good all cash deal on the Brooklyn Bridge?"

Then added, "Also why does SDNY say he is not telling the whole truth, ask him about his father in law," before liking his own text.

Before liking his own text! 😂😂😂

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@ChrisMurphyCT: Listen, if Mueller does have multiple sources confirming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress, then we need to know this ASAP. Mueller shouldn't end his inquiry, but it's about time for him to show Congress his cards before it's too late for us to act.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Funny you should ask.

So the phrase Rudy was going for is that he's got a bridge in a desert or ocean view property in Kansas or whatever. But the Brooklyn Bridge is just a real bridge.

This is like the Happy/Shooter exchange in Happy Gilmore:
Happy: "I'm gonna win this whole thing."
Shooter: "Yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard."
Bystander: "Grizzly Adams did have a beard."

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty good for a first speech.

Anyway, who cares if Bernie missed the vote since it failed anyway. He was doing something important so I don't have a problem with it. People (like that original Twitter post) who are trying to make it A Thing are just doing the same thing Sirota had bee doing to Beto, telling a half-truth without context.

Bernie is a hot mess and tbh he's not going to withstand the slightest bit of scrutiny this time around. He was reputationally saved by his voting record (obviously vital) but more noisily by the travesty of the entire election. I'm genuinely surprised he's going for it again, because he's not really the person his honest supporters think he is (much who I thought he was during the primary and generously still believe is buried under ego and ambition) and he's completely failed to address those problems - which in some ways is worse than having them in the first place. Even the worst carpetbagger in the lineup - Tulsi Gabbard, had the sense to make a mealy mouthed mea culpa and try to get ahead of the inevitable scrutiny (the two of them would be the most stunningly bad ticket possible) but Bernie can't seem to understand that opportunity.

If Bernie came out and said, "Look, I realize my campaign last time was eventually massively compromised by bad actors - I want to tell you that I realize that and want to sterilize that and the problematic support it garnered. And I want to win, but ultimately support whoever can fix this shit" then I'd even take another look at him, even over the raised salutes of the deep-Bros and the already visibly resurgent dishonest support) but he's encouraging it. He needs the momentum. He needs the bad numbers too to emerge from the pack. He will NOT abandon them unless he gets the nom. And I He's basically got all the issue Biden has, from race to age to mythos, but none of the positive momentum or potential ticket-amplification. I wish him well, and I hope he can use his platform as a voice for change, or push. But damn if he hasn't blown two chances now. If he goes deeper with his baggage, then I will have to start wondering if there was ever anything honest in there.

If we were ever going to have a crazy old white working class icon, I wanted Barney Frank tbh.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump rn: "obstructing justice is not collusion! There is no collusion!"

On Saturday night Trump didn't deny working for Russia.

I thought this was kind of a silly thing to point out. Why would someone who lies constantly care about lying on a tv show? I don't think he phrased it the way he did in order to avoid lying, he was just babbling as usual.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this isn't ending well for him. Its basically been two entire months of a linear slide, rather than your typical ups and downs. Since Democrats are pretty much hardened against him, it means consistent erosion of independents and Republicans. Also, not a good sign for him that Rasmussen found Jesus and has his approval rating in line with most other pollsters.
This stupid wall is probably going to end up being Trump's Waterloo.
Began with the wall, gonna end with the wall.
Klobuchar would be a great pick for someone like O'Rourke or Harris, who might want to shore up any inexperience complaints (but really, against Donald fucking Trump anyone who can rub their tummy and pat their head at the same time is more qualified).

Anyway, potentially big news out of Michigan:

BREAKING -- Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson declares she wants to settle the lawsuit brought by Democratic voters challenging the state's maps for the U.S. House and Legislature as an unconstitutional gerrymander. This could lead to the redrawing of districts for 2020.

This is obviously very big, especially if the settlement includes the Senate and leads to elections for that body in 2020 for two-year terms under new maps. Senate is not scheduled to stand for election until 2022.

Democrats would need to score just 4 seats each in the House and Senate for a trifecta.
And this as well:

Majority Forward is placing new TV spending in AZ, CO, GA, IA, ME, NC. Start date is tomorrow, 1/18

There's your Senate battleground.

Oooh boiiii we might get a dem trifecta here in Michigan in 2020?
If we win every seat in AZ,CO,GA,IA,ME and NC what will our numbers be then?
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| Suborn in the USA
Edit: US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| The Suborn Conspiracy
These two are good!

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
So the phrase Rudy was going for is that he's got a bridge in a desert or ocean view property in Kansas or whatever. But the Brooklyn Bridge is just a real bridge.

This is like the Happy/Shooter exchange in Happy Gilmore:
Happy: "I'm gonna win this whole thing."
Shooter: "Yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard."
Bystander: "Grizzly Adams did have a beard."
There was a conman named George C. Parker who used to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_C._Parker

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Something tells me Cohen is going to have to appear before the House now whether he wants to or not...

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The house should subpoena the WH lawyers who helped Cohen draft his statement and get them all on public record.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Dems need to find a strategy where impeachment is a win/win. They win if they get a conviction and Trump is gone, and they win even if he is acquitted by making the whole thing a PR disaster for Trump and the GOP.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This is big breaking news, but I don't get the whole "great reporting by blah blah and blah blah." Their accomplishment here is...getting govt employees to leak confidential information about an ongoing criminal investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.