• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant think of an issue where Bernie isnt more progressive than all other candidates. Even on racial issues and gun issues.

As some here would say in support of Beto, do you really think he will veto a progressive bill Democrats send him?
Saying Bernie is more progressive on guns is either delusional or disingenuous. The guy has a history of statements and votes a mile long on the topic because he represents the second whitest, second most rural state in the nation.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Saying Bernie is more progressive on guns is either delusional or disingenuous. The guy has a history of statements and votes a mile long on the topic because he represents the second whitest, second most rural state in the nation.
There are some people to whom Sanders is the perfect lord and savior no matter what his actual record on issues is.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Lindsey is one of the most pro-war politicians so it's not surprising he disapproves of the withdrawal
But it is funny to watch him squirm trying to do "Trump sycophant please don't primary me" and "Oh no what are you doing you dumb bastard we won't be able to shoot brown people in Syria now" at the same time.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Trump Foundation has done great work and given away lots of money, both mine and others, to great charities over the years - with me taking NO fees, rent, salaries etc. Now, as usual, I am getting slammed by Cuomo and the Dems in a long running civil lawsuit started by.....

...sleazebag AG Eric Schneiderman, who has since resigned over horrific women abuse, when I wanted to close the Foundation so as not to be in conflict with politics. Shady Eric was head of New Yorkers for Clinton, and refused to even look at the corrupt Clinton Foundation......

....In any event, it goes on and on & the new AG, who is now being replaced by yet another AG (who openly campaigned on a GET TRUMP agenda), does little else but rant, rave & politic against me. Will never be treated fairly by these people - a total double standard of "justice."

There's that corrupt Clinton Foundation
Why are the sleezy AG's not looking at the Clinton Foundation?!?!?!?!?

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
"In any event, it goes on and on" should be the official slogan for this interminable twilight shit-slog of a presidency.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
I just want the person who will best energize the voter base and get us the presidency. Honestly, policy be damed untill Trump's the fuck out of there. Anyone would be a vast improvement

Oct 25, 2017
Sure as fuck more likely to do so than the white dude from a lily white state who has intentionally ignored black issues in that state and keeps on saying and doing racist shit is.

And FY-Fuckin-I, keep my President's name out your mouth as an example of not doing anything for black folks while you're over here brow nosing Sanders' racial progressive cred.

I like the mental image that the term "brow nosing" conjures. It's like an eskimo kiss gone wrong.

OP
OP
Midnight Jon

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Another in the "galaxy brain" series of op-eds from Republicans claiming that the Mueller investigation is a bigger problem for Democrats than Trump:

The Mueller probe could turn out to be a disaster — for the Democrats

I can't believe these people are paid to write this tripe for a living. Here's a gem: [snip]

So all manner of crimes is now just a "pretext".
especially infuriating that Thiessen gets all this fuckin' op-ed space like they forgot the dude literally stanned so hard for torture that he swallowed the entire boot and wrote a book about it

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Trolling and antagonizing other members over a series of posts
Sure as fuck more likely to do so than the white dude from a lily white state who has intentionally ignored black issues in that state and keeps on saying and doing racist shit is.

And FY-Fuckin-I, keep my President's name out your mouth as an example of not doing anything for black folks while you're over here brow nosing Sanders' racial progressive cred.

Triggered are we? Stating facts bother you so much? Not really worth more than this, Obama's presidency to me lacked so much, the only real good for Blacks was the fact racism is again talked about, but this would probably have happened anyway with cameras being mainstream.

Are you saying you think he wouldn't pass gun control legislation that Democrats give him? Going by his last statements on it, he recognizes the issue needs to be rectified. Your guess is as good as mine on how far that would go, but I dont believe it's to the right of the party.

Honestly, all Democrats are to my right on gun control, I dont think they would do enough.

There are some people to whom Sanders is the perfect lord and savior no matter what his actual record on issues is.

Actually, I dont view Sanders as that, he very much is my compromise candidate. He has issues I mentioned many times over.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Right. So I'm going to guess that these issues are things that Kamala Harris would not have been more progressive on as attorney general, but we're going to pretend like she was anyway.

There's a difference between being seen as progressive on an issue by virtue of not having much to say about it, versus being seen as progressive on an issue that you have a defined stance on that you can discuss in detail. The latter is Harris. I mean, are we forgetting that Bernie has also touted himself as "Tough on Crime" when it suited him?

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But Bernie was besties with Killer Mike /s

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poster used the phrase "Obama and the Blacks " and a non ironic "triggered" plus the anime avatar... Just make use of the ignore function.
The second usage here was actually an edit.
Triggered are we? Stating facts bother you so much? Not really worth more than this, Obama's presidency to me lacked so much, the only real good for Blacks was the fact racism is again talked about, but this would probably have happened anyway with cameras being mainstream.

Oct 25, 2017
I think my post is fair, he is the one going from 1 to 10 in insults and assumptions, why should I take it genuinely?

You post is not fair to the term, the people who rightfully use the term, or the people who have been mocked and attacked by the term.

This is about a complete lack of perspective. If you don't want to genuinely engage in a conversation with someone, for whatever reason, just walk away. You were taunting someone. That is not helpful to anything but your own ego.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or does that sound like an argument used by right wing Facebook posts...cause what the fuck...
When "Obama and The Blacks" and " Obama's presidency to me lacked so much, the only real good for Blacks was the fact racism is again talked about " precede and follow the statement (the latter part actually being edited in, the original post being just the "Triggered Are We?") you are not mistaken.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Odds dipshit reverses course on the withdrawal?

Not sure. It seems to me like Trump is focusing on fulfilling at least one of his campaign promises somehow in an effort to look good, regardless of the cost. So unless he's made to think it'll make him look bad to do so, he's gonna stick with it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I actually do like Bernie well enough. I admit lately I have been pushing back on him hard in part because his supporters in particular are the ones trying to throw the "centrist" label on Beto. Beto is to the Left, there's just no way getting around that if you read his policies. No, he's not Bernie Sanders Left. We can agree on that.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
More odds on it never actually happening or being mentioned after today
Depends on why he did it.
Not sure. It seems to me like Trump is focusing on fulfilling at least one of his campaign promises somehow in an effort to look good, regardless of the cost. So unless he's made to think it'll make him look bad to do so, he's gonna stick with it.
With all these experts and even his close allies saying its a terrible idea, maybe he'll be forced to reverse course.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.

LOL, not too far off from what I predicted...

He'll probably tweet some shit like "I dissolved my very charitable foundation, that has helped many, because dishonest Democrats don't want me to help people as president", and his base will eat it up. That is, if they're even paying attention to this. I've found out how truly ignorant trump supporters are about his malfeasance.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, things escalated quickly in here. I hope this isn't a preview of BernieBro conduct during the primaries (it is).

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Once again someone I have on ignore is shitting up the thread. At least they caught themselves a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.