• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
The United States on Thursday lifted a warning to its citizens to avoid all foreign travel due to the coronavirus pandemic, pointing to improvements.

The State Department said it would instead resume considering each country on a case-by-case basis.

www.france24.com

US lifts advice to avoid all foreign travel due to pandemic - France 24

US lifts advice to avoid all foreign travel due to pandemic

"With health and safety conditions improving in some countries and potentially deteriorating in others, the Department is returning to our previous system," it said in a statement.

"We continue to recommend US citizens exercise caution when traveling abroad due to the unpredictable nature of the pandemic."

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck getting into another country in the first place if you're from America.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...I mean, does it matter? There's only a few skittles worth of countries Americans can legally travel to now.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
EeLo3ycU8AAVzat.png

So many Countries open for Traveling abroad.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The State Department said it would instead resume considering each country on a case-by-case basis.
The US will consider each country? Ha. That's a good one.
How about each country considering the US. As in each country adamantly refusing to let americans anywhere near their country.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Really wonder what's going to happen with my Delta airlines trip to France scheduled for October. They going to refund me... give me credit? Hmm...

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to go to Japan in October. :(

Please open your borders, Japan!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Glad that my country (France) is not allowing US citizens to travel here, but honestly it should be the whole of Europe. Or better yet, the whole world, until they get this pandemic under control.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Americans! Not welcome in my country at this time! Maybe these consequences will lead you to vote in someone else, then maybe we'll see about it.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Good luck getting into another country in the first place if you're from America.
Getting into Europe right now from the US is super easy (if you have the money). US -> UK , and UK to wherever you want.
Europe is trying so hard to not lose that tourist money that in 2 or 3 months we will be back to March/April numbers.

Jan 29, 2018
Getting into Europe right now from the US is super easy (if you have the money). US -> UK , and UK to wherever you want.
Europe is trying so hard to not lose that tourist money that in 2 or 3 months we will be back to March/April numbers.

The UK is requiring people to quarantine for two weeks, isn't it? That could be a pretty boring expensive vacation. I have no idea if or how that's enforced, though.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
The UK is requiring people to quarantine for two weeks, isn't it? That could be a pretty boring expensive vacation. I have no idea if or how that's enforced, though.
Apparently, some guy from Florida went to the UK, and from there to Spain and it wasn't a big hassle.

Also, the UK has a list of countries that dont need to self-isolate, the US isn't a part of the list, true, but I dont trust those people to enforce quarantine on everyone that arrives.

OP
OP
Tsuyu

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I like that the statement sounds like it was the rest of the world that was the concern.

I think the State Department truly believe that the rest of the world doesn't have as much cases due to the lower number of testing comparatively. That, in other places, the spread was actually so wide and prevalent like their own situation instead of just a handful clusters that could be handled via trace / isolation approach.

Trump administration uses weird metrics to justify their mishandling.

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, some guy from Florida went to the UK, and from there to Spain and it wasn't a big hassle.

Also, the UK has a list of countries that dont need to self-isolate, the US isn't a part of the list, true, but I dont trust those people to enforce quarantine on everyone that arrives.

I had a look on r/travel where Americans are recommending to others how to get around the border restrictions, apparently some countries in Europe just need evidence of a negative COVID test in the last 72 hours and then once you're there, you can move throughout Europe with little scrutiny :/

It's absolutely horrendous that communities are actually forming step-by-step to get people through because they're 'having a midlife crisis and have to travel' (actual reasoning i read :/)

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Lol like any other country will allow Americans in. Fucking morons, nobody respects you anymore, don't you know that?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
They want to spread it everywhere to erase the US's own abysmal situation. Trump saying "we're not as bad/better than other countries" will suddenly be true if they can actively sabotage the progress of smarter nations.

Lol like any other country will allow Americans in. Fucking morons, nobody respects you anymore, don't you know that?
The people in power currently are desperate to pretend otherwise.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad that my country (France) is not allowing US citizens to travel here, but honestly it should be the whole of Europe. Or better yet, the whole world, until they get this pandemic under control.
France isn't doing great right now either they are starting to hit their second wave.... and Spain is undergoing a massive second wave so might want to come down from that high horse

real2

Jan 31, 2019
Any country that isn't run by complete dumb fucks will (or should) not let any Americans in (even through "loopholes")

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
There's that trademark arrogance again. We don't get to let ourselves into other countries.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I mean... I vaguely understand getting rid of it... since, hey... everyone else is doing WAY better than us and we are playing by their rules.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to give morons and even bigger ego that don't realize their rules don't apply outside of their own country.

I can just see it now, at the border, some dick hole telling the boarder agent "Trump just lifted advisory to travel that means I can go into your country, wooooo America fuck yeah!"

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
This is going to give morons and even bigger ego that don't realize their rules don't apply outside of their own country.

I can just see it now, at the border, some dick hole telling the boarder agent "Trump just lifted advisory to travel that means I can go into your country, wooooo America fuck yeah!"
"We can go to Serbia without restrictions, YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWW!"

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted to quote you because everyone else is. Sekigahara festival in October?
I just woke up and had no idea so many people would be quoting me, lol.

Actually, my girlfriend lives there and I haven't seen here since March. Also, I was hoping Universal Studios Japan would have Super Nintendo Land open.