• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Omar also voted No on imposing sanctions against Turkey.

So uh, primary challengers? Step right up!

Oct 27, 2017
We expect the GOP to be worthless skin bags, but watching Omar throw in with those fascists is both disappointing and increasingly on-brand for her.

I would encourage someone in her office to sit her down and explain this shit, but she's either surrounded by equally dumb AF sycophants or is too egotistical to take good advice.

What a waste of a good opportunity for her constituents.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why she couldn't have voted for it while also posting a tweet reminding people of other atrocities...

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Normally, when you put out a damage control statement, you try to make things better.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but this is a really dumb way to make her point.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I remember reading the Armenian genocide was more or less stripped from US history books in schools because they wanted Turkey to be seen as a better ally by the public, so it's good to see some small step made in the right direction.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"A resolution isn't worth supporting unless it covers everything" is a really dumb mindset to have. If she applied it to everything she had to vote on, she wouldn't get anything done.

Edit: Not that I actually believe her reasoning.

Last edited:

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't both the European transatlantic slave trade, and mass genocide of 100+ million Indingneous people of the Americas commited by the Europeans been recognized as genocides?

Genuinely curious.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking hate this genocide diplomacy.
This is not about the US all of a sudden caring about the Armenian genocide, this is about making anyone who doesn't support sanctions to look like a holocaust denier.
And it's working.
This is just like with Iraq, anyone who was against the sanctions was shouted "rape palaces, torture chambers, genocide", and I think that was a disastrous policy.
This is why sanctions always get wall to wall bipartisan support.
I think that bill is really not that well thought out, and I am still unclear about what the US policy is even in Northern Syria.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That explanation makes zero fucking sense.
Omar kinda showing ugly side here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omar needs to be primaried. Any benefit of the doubt given regarding previous iffy shit is now gone.
I remember reading the Armenian genocide was more or less stripped from US history books in schools because they wanted Turkey to be seen as a better ally by the public, so it's good to see some small step made in the right direction.
"Don't piss off the people housing your nukes" is probably a big part of it as well. . https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/18/can-us-protect-its-nuclear-weapons-turkey/

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'll never get why she's practically worshiped by some here.

Last edited:

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
I fucking hate this genocide diplomacy.
This is not about the US all of a sudden caring about the Armenian genocide, this is about making anyone who doesn't support sanctions to look like a holocaust denier.
And it's working.
This is just like with Iraq, anyone who was against the sanctions was shouted "rape palaces, torture chambers, genocide", and I think that was a disastrous policy.
This is why sanctions always get wall to wall bipartisan support.
I think that bill is really not that well thought out, and I am still unclear about what the US policy is even in Northern Syria.
I don't really agree with a lot of this, but it's certainly true that this resolution is supported partly as a counterbalance to every president's refusal to recognize the genocide and the vote is not quite as straightforward as "do you think the Armenian genocide was real, yes or no".

Omar's explanation was very dumb but I'm not really jumping at the idea of calling a woman who has had multiple recent threats on her life "trash" for it.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That statement is the kind of thing you make before you say you're reluctantly voting in favor of the resolution, not before declining to vote at all

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weak as fuck, Omar.
Can't even pull that "I don't vote for ideologically focused resolutions" because you absolutely have before.