• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What if we're dealing with a suicidal nation? That's what scares me.
....no
Worth mentioning this all didn't just start with Soleimani. It started with Trump backing out of the Iran nuclear deal and it's just been a steady stream of escalation since then. Trump from the beginning either wanted this war or to perpetuate this conflict. Him and his administration is solely responsible for this entire scenario.

All the talk Pompeo and others have given about whether or not we're a safer country since we killed Soleimani disregards the fact that we've actively been in more danger since Trump took office and backed out of that deal.
Yep

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Probably for the best here at the moment, the no address decision with him giving it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Dubai and Haifa I can see them hitting, which will again end in senseless civilian deaths. I am very worried for innocent lives righw now.

It's a tense situation but the likelihood of that happening is near zero, I hope you are not too stressed about this right now.

He's from NBC news, but the source is Iranian state media. Let's pump the brakes a little

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if we're dealing with a suicidal nation? That's what scares me.
They're not. The US tends to paint both NK and Iran as "unstable and irrational" but the reality is that they're both fairly measured in how they approach their conflicts with the US. In this case I think both the US and Iran have miscalculated in their escalations (the US tearing up the treaty, Iran supporting the killing of a contractor, the US assassinating one of the 3 most important officials, and now Iran firing many missiles at US bases) but the nation is not suicidal and likely hopes that this doesn't lead to another response although I would guess that it will if any US troops died.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If there were US casualties, we would have proooobably known by now? At least on onw of the 3 bases at least....

Maybe they got confirmation that none died, so Trump is not doing a dramatic denounciation?
"Oh just some foreigners died due to me, no biggie"

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
So much for de-escalation then. Striking 3 targets with a dozen missiles is more than just a proportionate response. I'd have hoped that Iran might have sent warning to evacuate the bases beforehand. My word, this is awful
What is "proportion", when one of the highest ranking officials in Iran is killed? The country is saving face at the least right now.

Imagine a country admitted to assassinating, say... the Secretary of Defense, while he was on a diplomatic mission in a foreign country.

Without warning the US would have cruise missiles landing on their military assets while they are brewing coffee.

This retaliation is indeed awful, and we were arrogant to not expect it. Let's just hope it can de-escalate from here.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Even if POTUS does not address the nation, i'm pretty sure there will be retaliations in the coming hours.

Fucking hell, this is a shit part of life i'll have to explain to my daughter one day, why do we suck so much.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An idiot just shouted allahu akbar now (5am) in our street in Tehran and then a complete silence. That was so awkward!
Really hate warmongers from both sides...

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If there were US casualties, we would have proooobably known by now? At least on onw of the 3 bases at least....

Maybe they got confirmation that none died, so Trump is not doing a dramatic denounciation?
Hard to say. When people were worried about the Kenyan base there were early words that the attack had failed and then a few hours later the truth that 3 Americans had been killed and a few planes had been destroyed/damaged got out. In general the US is slow to let the media know when things go badly for them.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely that feeling of, "Shouldn't the president address the nation about this regardless of what happened?" but at the same time I'm glad Trump's not going to get the opportunity to say some terrible, reactionary shit.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is feels like real life 24. Someone in the admin need to calm trump down and hope that he wont do any more stupid shit

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord.
Please gentlemen, talk this one out. Violence leads to nothing, violence thanks to an orange buffoon is even worse.