• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The only way Iran hits the continental US with an attack is with sleeper cells already inside the country.

But going that route will move it from a military response to a terrorist response, and Iran will lose whatever sympathy they may have gained from this whole shitshow.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
This is probably the last bit of occasion to de-escalate. Trump killed his target, Iran showed its people that they did something and sent a message to Iraq itself. If they don't sit on the table and negotiate now it may be too late.

But again, I'm using logic. America usually doesn't when it's about Middle-east. And Trump will probably retaliate to show that his hands are very big.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I refuse to believe Iran is this stupid. I will be surprised that any of those missiles landed inside US bases.
Trying to save face in front of your entire nation's population, your neighbouring countries and your own military is stupid now? Like how is their military supposed to function if one of the highest ranks gets bombed into oblivion and the state doesn't do jack shit?
How do you stay in power after those insane masses of people came to a days long funeral procession and you do nothing?

They would be stupid if they did not retaliate.

Jul 18, 2018
developing stories are always, always like this.

See also any active shooter situation. There's always reports of a second shooter that are false 98% of the time.
We are just normal citizens so all of us have an urgency to want news asap. None of us sadly have the patience to wait and see what unfolds. We aren't part of the gov/org/branch that we can directly effect things so everyone just needs to be patient and wait for real news w/ receipts.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
"Attacks all over the country"
5 minutes later
"Well, it was two bases"

"At least twenty US casualties"
5 minutes later
"Well, no US casualties, maybe some Iraqi ones"

This is all such a farce

There were three bases attacked, all of them at different parts of the country.

Apparently Iran claimed there were US casualties, but US officials themselves are still reviewing the damage and have themselves confirmed none so far.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
While the "ww3!/end of the world" posts are irritating, I find the "x wouldn't do y because z" posts to be even more naive. You don't know anything. Reality isn't written like a movie where you can guess the story beats. Irrational people are in places of power. Knowing what we know about the Trump administration, ANY provocation could potentially lead to disproportionate US retaliation. I'm not seeing any "cooler heads" from any country.

And for fuck's sake, can we stop with the "flatten Iran" and "they deserve what's coming" talk. Have some respect for human life. People are going to die.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
It would be incredibly dumb to do such a thing. Dumber than the initial strike by the U.S.
it would be, but I feel like Iran more than anything is feeling the need to be overly forceful in the face of Trump, even to their detriment

i could see them following through with those threats

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Jingoism in a crisis thread
The only way Iran hits the continental US with an attack is with sleeper cells already inside the country.

But going that route will move it from a military response to a terrorist response, and Iran will lose whatever sympathy they may have gained from this whole shitshow.

I mean it would be the end of the country. It will make Iraq look like side show.

Iran sounds like a wounded, cornered animal right now with these threats. Not sure how many of these threats are legit.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good livestreams going that are watchable from germany and are reporting on the current event?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This guy is the NBC Tehran beauru chief. Seems reputable.

This is terrifying. I just got back from a trip to Dubai.

So Haifa tells me that it's probably Hezbollah they're talking about here.
A missile that can get Haifa from Iran can hit everywhere in Israel, and Haifa is a weird place to single out for this thread.
It's way easier to hit from Lebanon though.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird seeing these events unfold in real time. The average person can be notified about any event only a few minutes after it happens. 100 years ago, you wouldn't hear about major events until the newspaper printed the next day.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

This guy is the NBC Tehran beauru chief. Seems reputable.

This is terrifying. I just got back from a trip to Dubai.

At most this is Iran doing OTT propaganda like North Korea. They can't destroy a whole city in one wave, and attacking Israel would be a godsend for the admin there. Having carte blanche to strike at Iranian targets, knowing the US would assist them and take steps to weaken any retaliatory units, not to mention it helping break the electoral deadlock. It would also given Western leaders the moral cover they'd need to tacitly approve the US's actions.