• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.
Iran more capable than iraq and Afghanistan, and after 20 years we still in both countries and cant leave.
Iran may get their butts kicked in a war with the USA but you have to realize we will likely lose 10s of thousands of our own fighting a country that china and russia will back in a war.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Because the US has 1000x the military capabilities of Iran. The US can easily flatten the entire country if they wanted, Iraq was the disaster it was because occupation of a country is a lot harder.

It doesn't matter if Iran is "in the right", they don't have resources to even come close to competing with the US in a legitimate war.
People actually think a boots on the ground situation in Iran is possible? No.. just no. Go pull out an atlas and take in what Iran is for 10 minutes.

It would make the Vietnam War seem quaint, short and clean.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Because the US has 1000x the military capabilities of Iran. The US can easily flatten the entire country if they wanted, Iraq was the disaster it was because occupation of a country is a lot harder.

Can't without nukes. We probably don't have the air power in the region yet to do sustained heavy bombing (I think we just have one carrier group and then whatever's in Iraq/Saudi Arabia/Kuwait). Even in Iraq Saddam kept power for years after being bombed.

US can hurt Iran a lot but there will be a good number of US causalities in any sustained engagement.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Would Trump and Pompeo et. al give a shit about that though? That's the thing. Like in essence yeah that's a rational move by Iran but I don't know if they fully appreciate how fucking terrible Trump is.
The most important factor here is going to be "have Americans died?"

The next will be Trump's state of mind, if his inherent cowardice will make him pull back or double down.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, Iran has a modern military with high-end weapons from Russia and China. The US probably has never fought against an enemy like that since WWII. If the US starts a full-scale war against Iran, things will get very ugly.
You know like 99% of US military equipment was designed to fight an enemy like Russia and China.
They spend ridiculous money on stuff that was absolutely useless against stuff like guys in caves or hiding with the citizens.
The B2 and F22s for example

US is absolutely fucked if they want an occupation though, never gonna be successful

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I hope US citizens still backing Trump in any way shape or form whatsoever, do understand that right now, the US won't even have allies anywhere in the world, Europe included? Trump has been insulting and condescending everywhere he went, European leaders and citizens alike despise him and think he's a gigantic buffoon, so if y'all think you're gonna get the support of your usual allies in this shit war Trump started by himself, I'm afraid to tell you that the answer for any support is gonna be incredibly non-existent. Feels more and more like the US is backing themselves against the wall right now.

Last edited:

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Israel and Turkey will give Trump permission to launch against Iran from their hosted bases, most likely. But he can probably do it from carriers and subs in the Gulf just as well.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So much hangs on whether or not any US personnel got hurt.

If they did, the ramifications are larger than I care to contemplate right now.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's 8am here in Taipei, and I'm already pouring one out for all of the civilian casualties that will most certainly result from this.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
If the US tries to conduct all out war against Iran they don't have to attack the american homeland. Even without nukes Iran has the capacity to devastate the entire gulf region with swarms of surface to surface missiles.

The tweet was a reminder of that leverage.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It doesn't matter if Iran is "in the right", they don't have resources to even come close to competing with the US in a legitimate war.

American bodybags going home isnt a good look and any war with Iran will see many many bodybags.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Based on everything we know about this administration, trumps gonna hold a very cinematic press briefing by midnight tonight talking about how we just launched the BIGLIEST response to this.

Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
People actually think a boots on the ground situation in Iran is possible? No.. just no. Go pull out an atlas and take in what Iran is for 10 minutes.

people are nuts. We're still fighting in Afghanistan and we're still in Iraq. Iran is very unified compared to those places and with very harsh terrain.

not to mention that no one other than this administration wants this war.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
I hope US citizens still backing Trump in any way shape or form whatsoever, do understand that right now, the US won't even have allies anywhere in the world, Europe included? Trump has been insulting and condescending everywhere he went, European leaders despise him and think he's an idiotic manbaby buffoon, so if y'all think you're gonna get the support of your usual allies in this shit war Trump started by himself, I'm afraid to tell you that the answer for any support is gonna be incredibly non-existent. Feels like more and more the US is backing themselves against the wall right now.
The UK would step up to be the usual lackey that it is, certainly under this government

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are probably believing since America has air superiority and more advanced weaponry that it will be a cake walk.

It won't be.

Don't ever forget folks how many Americans died in Iraq/Afghanistan. Just because we have superior tech doesn't mean many Americans won't die. Why do you think Israel doesn't outright go after Iran? Again, being more advanced dpesnt mean shit. Ask Russia how that went against Afghanistan.

And no, we won't just nuke Iran.

The US lost 500k lives in WW2, 50 k in Vietnam Nd 5k in Iraq. A war with or in Iran is probably gonna result in many, many deaths but the US is definitely fighting from a position of absolute military superiority.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Idk if you're confusing the two countries but America is gonna get washed lmao what the fuck are you getting your info from Soldier of Fortune magazine or something
This war won't be good for the US, but it would be 1000x worse for Iran. The US Navy is the most powerful military force in history and that's just a fact. I hate that there may be a war, but even if you look at Iraq, the regime change happened right away, the bad part of Iraq in the US's perspective was occupying it years later.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible that Trump might try to get out of this by claiming a "false flag operation" and the US didn't assassinate Soleimani, and but were framed by Muslim Extremists, so that this missile response is a "totally unprovoked attack," and it wasn't his fault at all?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, you don't even have to look at a historical conflict - just look at Afghanistan.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All these "Iran must be suicidal" comments are triggering the fuck out of me.
It's always coming from Americans. You can't even fathom the idea of another country not wanting to be America's bitch. What fucking country in this world would just do nothing after a high ranking official of theirs was killed by a different party?
Tell me that country. It certainly wouldn't be America, now would it. And always there is this proudness of your military swinging with all of it. It's sickening.

This bullying mentality of "yeah we killed him but you retaliating is dumb because we will 'flatten you' lul" is the worst. I know you folks value the life of one American Soldier more than 1000 Iraqi lives, but at some point it's time to stop and get some fucking perspective.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. I hope our military people are okay, iraq citizens, and the iran citizens when we bomb the shit out of them. Trump was just waiting for someone to bomb hardcore and probably started all this shit because of it.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Splitting hairs, I know, that was a targeted assassination that was done while he was on a diplomatic mission. This is the Iranian military targeting US military personnel writ large in Iraq. Again, splitting hairs but there is a difference.
Only difference is the US will use the latter as justification for war while disingenuously claiming the former was to avoid one.