• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biggavell

Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Actions have consequences. I don't care one iota about the US military coming under fire, but I hope this doesn't result in innocent Iraqis and Iranians dying. Did they think Iran wouldn't respond to them committing an unprovoked assassination of its top general? Fuck this country and anyone who supports our actions in that region.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why anyone would criticise iran. Flip it around and ask what would the USA do if Iran took out a US general?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Trump's base- including the few on this forum- are proud of themselves for essentially tossing these soldiers and inevitably innocent Iranians and Iraqis to the wolves just to vote for a idiot that would go on to randomly assassinate a foreign country's vice president just because said idiot openly spited minorities during the last national campaign cycle. Can't wait for y'all to vote for him again too. Really, good job.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah Iran was really gonna roll over and shrug it off after America assassinated their fucking top war hero. Give me a break.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Iran can't do shit against the US. It's probably the only hit that Iran manages to land on the US. After this, it's just going to be hundreds of thousands of Iranian casualties.

Dude, Iran has a modern military with high-end weapons from Russia and China. The US probably has never fought against an enemy like that since WWII. If the US starts a full-scale war against Iran, things will get very ugly.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.
That's not how it works. Even in 2019 these things don't work overnight. Short of several nukes there is nothing in the american arsenal to put Iran out of commission without a sustained engagement.

An attack has to be launched from somewhere. The Gulf states are well within missle range and some of the softest targets in the world in terms of how dependent they are on expensive and fragile oil and water infrastructure.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so stupid.

The US assassinated a military official, Iran was well within their right to retaliate against the US and both sides know the potential cost of a full blown war.

Which is why both sides are calling each others bluffs thinking the other side will back down, they know the costs so they think the other side won't hit back because of the consequences.
Because the US has 1000x the military capabilities of Iran. The US can easily flatten the entire country if they wanted, Iraq was the disaster it was because occupation of a country is a lot harder.

It doesn't matter if Iran is "in the right", they don't have resources to even come close to competing with the US in a legitimate war.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Hopefully they're just targeting a base that's largely empty in the wake of recent events and this is just face-saving rather than escalation.

Yeah my hope is that it was weak rockets, no casualties, and a trying to save face and "get the last word" scenario. Worst case scenario is it was ballistic missiles and people are dead.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Remember that time we had a peaceful deal with Iran that also kept nuclear weapons out of their country

and then Trump ripped it up because he hates Obama and he hates foreigners and muslims

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Iran can't do shit against the US. It's probably the only hit that Iran manages to land on the US. After this, it's just going to be hundreds of thousands of Iranian casualties.

broad-city-salute-american-flag.jpg

Fucking disgusting.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hopefully Iran targeted them at the desert. That would be an understandable proportional response that the military would advise not to escalate.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Four times the size of Iraq, covered in mountains, functional air defense network.

As nostalgic as it is to see projections that the US will cakewalk to victory like it's fucking 2003 all over again, a hot war with Iran will bring the worst US casualties since Vietnam. At least.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Looks like the USA really gave up on regime change in Venezuela huh. Oil prices gonna go up, Maduro gonna enjoy that extra money. Guaido...

I wonder what kind of support Iran is gonna get from China and Russia. And I cant wait to see the UN to chicken out and make a resolution saying Iran is the only one in the wrong. Plus Trump complaining on Twitter that his "allies" are not helping him protect the world bla bla bla.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, Iran played right into Trump's hands and now it is certain that there'll be many more casualties on both sides. A small minority of people are about to get the war they've wanted for years while everyone else suffers.

Fuck all the people talking about 'glassing Iran', fucking jingoistic idiots.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I don't think USA has sole say in who to nuke. US allies Israel and SA won't agree to that. US will never wanna anger them for obvious reasons. And no matter how dumb Trump is, you don't flatten a country during war, you engage. This will be a war, like the Iran-Iraq war which went on for years.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Because the US has 1000x the military capabilities of Iran. The US can easily flatten the entire country if they wanted, Iraq was the disaster it was because occupation of a country is a lot harder.

It doesn't matter if Iran is "in the right", they don't have resources to even come close to competing with the US in a legitimate war.
Idk if you're confusing the two countries but America is gonna get washed lmao what the fuck are you getting your info from Soldier of Fortune magazine or something

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck...I really hope there aren't any deaths, or else I fear Trump's response will be extreme and a lot of civilians could die.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Iran targeted them at the desert. That would be an understandable proportional response that the military would advise not to escalate.

Probably targeted an empty or near empty facility.

I don't think Trump is going to care what advisors say, he will want a tenfold response.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
It's fucking amazing how some Americans in this very thread are claiming Iran is the one initiating the war, what a bunch of idiots.

And the sadest part is how they are already saying how Iran is doomed in a joking way.

bigred50

Oct 31, 2017
Aren't rockets fried at this base with some regularity? Only difference is Iran is taking explicit responsibility. I'd be surprised if there are significant casualties.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not how it works. Even in 2019 these things don't work overnight. Short of several nukes there is nothing in the american arsenal to put Iran out of commission without a sustained engagement.

An attack has to be launched from somewhere. The Gulf states are well within missle range and some of the softest targets in the world in terms of how dependent they are on expensive and fragile oil and water infrastructure.
The US Navy has enough firepower to basically flatten the country, and they can be launched from anywhere. Straight up attacking US forces will provoke a massive retaliation even more so than Iraq. Iraq was about trying to occupy a country, if the US doesn't care about that, they could destroy Iran without even launching any nukes.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It's stupid because you clearly don't understand how this functions and the implications of escalation in terms of nuclear development and the end result of a war against Iran being occupation to prevent nuclear weapons development. That's not even talking about the damage Iran can do to the region and global economy, as well as activating their sleeper cells all around the world.