• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Iran is done.These leaders must be suicidal.

Oct 27, 2017
Iran can cause alot of damage to the US before they go down.
They might even sink a carrier, then you'll really see the full level of bloodlust that seems to be within every American.
Iran can do some damage to American interests and kill plenty of people but there's no way they could sink a Carrier, they probably couldn't get within 50 miles of one

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
If it isnt apparent to Republican fuck tards that this is what their party does then we're done for.

Their God King gets impeached and this is how they react. A war that no one wanted. Good shit idiots.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So the IRGC is just going nuts then

I don't really think so, but I see it as a obvious thing. You see, US may think other bases can be safe because Iran wouldn't risk attacking other countries. This is leaving the US in a corner. The US has to be willing to take other countries as targets if they want to retaliate like that.

Wow

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Now we have to sit here with baited breath wondering what the response is going to be. You know Trump won't allow himself to look weak and he has the most advanced military at his disposal. Wonderful.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.

This is so stupid.

The US assassinated a military official, Iran was well within their right to retaliate against the US and both sides know the potential cost of a full blown war.

Which is why both sides are calling each others bluffs thinking the other side will back down, they know the costs so they think the other side won't hit back because of the consequences.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iraq probably gave permission to Iran for this attack. Iran is right next to Iraq and their ties are most likely tighter than US-Iraq. Didn't Trump also said he won't leave until they get paid for their military air base?
Most likely? Iraq told the entire US army to gtfo out their country just days ago lol.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Well, I didn't think they'd actually go through with it. I guess Iraq asking the US to leave, and then the US saying they will then saying they won't ran their patience out.

As others have said, I wonder if this is the extent of it, plus I wonder how far off the US base was capable of seeing these incoming.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Iran can't do shit against the US. It's probably the only hit that Iran manages to land on the US. After this, it's just going to be hundreds of thousands of Iranian casualties.

Iran has the means of protecting themself from attacks too. That's the point. They would need to go to a War on Iraqi soil

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
To explain it to the kids in the back of the class, Iran is heavily mountainous and those mountains have been stockpiling surface-to-air munitions for the past thirty years for some mysterious reason nobody knows that definitely isn't agressive US foreign policy. A ground war like Iraq is not happening. Air supremacy is not guaranteed. If this spirals into a war, it's gonna be bad.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
An awful lot of nationalistic chest puffing in this thread for it being ResetEra.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Who the hell are BNO News? Their website seems pretty out of date as far as news websites go.

Mar 10, 2018
Didn't Trump claim that he'll retaliate with "disproportionate" force?

This stage of his presidency is him flipping the table because he's losing at checkers. And then those who weren't even playing will be forced to pick up the pieces.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they're just targeting a base that's largely empty in the wake of recent events and this is just face-saving rather than escalation.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
This is how you start a snowball. Thanks Trump. What a garbage beginning to the new decade. I hope those missile causalties are very low, and I hope Trump doesn't keep his word about the US striking back with amplified force.